Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2017, 13:18   #661
BHPian

Re: 3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats

Hi Guys ,
Does anyone know of a good place to buy the Original 3D(Maxpider Kagu) mats for 2016 BMW X1 in pune? I have got a quote for 9,250. He does not have in the shop and will have to order it. How is the fit of these mats ? any pictures would be helpful.
Thanks !
Old 20th January 2017, 14:33   #662

Quote:
Originally Posted by aypatel View Post
Hi Guys ,
Does anyone know of a good place to buy the Original 3D(Maxpider Kagu) mats for 2016 BMW X1 in pune? I have got a quote for 9,250. He does not have in the shop and will have to order it. How is the fit of these mats ? any pictures would be helpful.
Thanks !
I suggest you take a look at 3M nomad mats once, IMHO I felt they are much better than 3d kagu in all aspects.
P.S.
I have 3d Kagu

Last edited by skyliner34 : 20th January 2017 at 14:34.
Old 20th January 2017, 14:47   #663
Senior - BHPian

Re: Next Gen BMW X1 Launched @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
....I have got a quote for 9,250. He does not have in the shop and will have to order it. How is the fit of these mats ? any pictures would be helpful for me to decide.
Please order from Amazon, my previous post has the link and trust me, its worth the money and perfect fit. You can not get similar quality in shops under 4k, because I have checked many shops before ordering it online. I dont have any pics, but its in the exact measurements of the new X1. Most Amazon orders reach you within 24 to 48 hours, so there is no issue with the timing too
Old 20th January 2017, 19:33   #664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Please order from Amazon, my previous post has the link and trust me, its worth the money and perfect fit. You can not get similar quality in shops under 4k, because I have checked many shops before ordering it online. I dont have any pics, but its in the exact measurements of the new X1. Most Amazon orders reach you within 24 to 48 hours, so there is no issue with the timing too
Hi..have you checked out the 3D maxpider kagu mats in the shops ? I had bought previously for my c class and quite liked them....is the one online just as good ? I didn't quite like the silver plate though.
Old 20th January 2017, 19:38   #665
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyliner34 View Post
I suggest you take a look at 3M nomad mats once, IMHO I felt they are much better than 3d kagu in all aspects.
Thanks. Will take a look at it. Planning to go there to get my windows tinted. Hope they do a good Job

Mod Note: Please avoid typing like.... this.....

Last edited by ampere : 20th January 2017 at 19:52. Reason: Formatted post
Old 20th January 2017, 20:10   #666
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi..have you checked out the 3D maxpider kagu mats in the shops ? I had bought previously for my c class and quite liked them....is the one online just as good ? I didn't quite like the silver plate though.
Not sure about the maxpider, but someone who has them saw mine and said its very much similar quality. Silver plate can be removed, I find it as a nice touch at the same time giving an extra grip to my shoe while driving and protecting that area which has the maximum foot movements. Dealer charges around 10k for the plain rubber mats which is not even 3D.
Old 23rd January 2017, 12:50   #667
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
Looking at the positive reviews of Coozo, I ordered 3D mats for my Vento.
So I got the mats on last Fri. I had ordered on 1/16 and got it by 1/20 in Hyd. Not bad for delivery.

But unfortunately, I didn't like the fitting at all. I really doubt if they sent me the version for automatic. There are two issues with the driver, and the passenger side mats -

1) The fit is not a snug fit. It leaves lots of gaps (highlighted in red circles). Now this is excusable because it is possible that with time, and use (and abuse), the mats will fill in the gaps.

Driver side gaps:
3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats-img_20170121_090351_hdr.jpg
Passenger side gaps:
3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats-img_20170121_090545_hdr.jpg

2) The deadpedal is half covered! I really didn't expect this. And this is a deal breaker for me because this would mean that my left foot would be half on the mat and half on the pedal.

Deadpedal:
3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats-img_20170121_090359_hdr.jpg

3) The mats of the rear seat fit perfectly.

As I mentioned on my previous post, I had confirmed with them before placing the order that the dead pedal would be covered. And that is what I expected. I immediately contacted them back on WhatsApp and asked for a refund. They immediately gave me the details to return the product, and offered to pay for the courier too. However, he also said that what was sent to me is the right version and that is how it will fit.

I then got the idea to try out the mats on my Polo. And they fit quite well. The mats of my Polo were up for replacement anyways. So I put the driver and passenger mats on my Polo, and the read mats on my Vento.

To summarize -
* The mats seem to be good for a manual version. For the automatic version the dead pedal is not covered.

* The quality is good. I bought the 3D ones, and for the cost I paid it looks pretty good. Time will tell if they can stand the abuse.

* Coozo, as a seller, is good. They take a lot of time (sometimes 1 day) to reply back on Whatsapp. And I have tried calling them twice, and never got a response. But they seemed to be honest. When I asked for a refund, he gave me the details to return very quickly without any questions.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by shifu : 23rd January 2017 at 13:00.
shifu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2017, 13:55   #668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
So I got the mats on last Fri. I had ordered on 1/16 and got it by 1/20 in Hyd. Not bad for delivery.
I am not sure from where did you ordered them but if they are not dead cheap I would recommend you to return it if possible. They do not seem to be made of very good quality neither are a good fit for your car. I spent about 3K-4K for my 3D Kagu mats in Honda City and they are a perfect fit. I can share a few pics if you want.

This is just my humble opinion you can ignore it if you are satisfied with the product.
Old 31st January 2017, 15:23   #669
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys ,
Thanks !
Hi,

If you don't mind, could you please share the final cost of X1 that you purchased recently. Happy motoring!

Thanks,
Karthik.
Old 4th February 2017, 12:31   #670
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ece2k2 View Post
If you don't mind, could you please share the final cost of X1 that you purchased recently. Happy motoring!
2L Cash Discount. You could also negotiate to include Accessories etc.

Last edited by ampere : 4th February 2017 at 13:50.
aypatel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2017, 17:36   #671
BHPian

Sharing my review of 3D Maxpider Kagu Mats and Coozo 3D Mats for my 2 cars (2012 Fiat Linea Emotion) and (2015 Grand i10 - now sold)

3D Maxpider Kagu Mats

Car: Fiat Linea
Buy Date: June-2012
Colour: Beige (Whey beige - because it hides the dirt and footmarks better than the black one)
Price paid back then: Around 5K-6K (don't remember)

It was worth every penny spent. It is still going very strong and will last another decade easily..

The driver side mat is 'little' eroded near the clutch area due to footwear heel abrasion.

Can be bought from http://www.thecarlaundry.com/product-category/3d-mats/

The mats are quite strudy and thick. They've velcro lining 100% of bottom area and that results in snug-fit.

Coozo Mats
Car: Hyundai Grand i10
Buy Date: Jul-2015
Price: Rs 1800
Colour: Beige (Why beige- same reason as above)
Verdict: Pathetic quality. A.V.O.I.D

I bought them from snapdeal/shopclues - don't remember and I got them as I just couldn't get 3D Maxpider Kagu mats anywhere!

These mats are so thin, so weak(i.e. no structural spine to hold its own) and have 2-inch long velcro attachments only at 4 places!
This results in pathetic fitting - the mat slips like a paper in water.
It folds like a chapathi/paratha/fulka.

It holds water/liquid as well.

After using both the mats, you will feel that the Coozo mats are like 'flakes' and feel like downgraded/punished from Business Class to General Class.

Is Kagu worth the premium - hell yes!

Last edited by daretodream : 10th February 2017 at 17:40.
daretodream is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2017, 22:54   #672
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Buddy,

I am planning to order the ones you mentioned on Amazon because the 3D Kagu mats are apparently not yet available in India. I went to the shop but the ones they had were for the old model. He said would take a couple of months to come. I wanted to ask you whether the front driver side mats cover the dead pedal as well ? I doesn't seem to from the picture on amazon, as compared to other brands. I would really appreciate if you could post a pic of the mats in your car for my peace of mind before ordering

Thanks!
Old 24th February 2017, 08:22   #673
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
.... the front driver side mats cover the dead pedal as well ? I doesn't seem to from the picture on amazon, as compared to other brands. I would really appreciate if you could post a pic of the mats in your car...
It covers the dead pedal very well, meaning with a machine pressed folds wherever required. Don't depend on the picture shown on Amazon, because they display the same on most cars, no idea why. Front mats are longer than rear unlike the picture. Front left goes and touches the metal which is never the case with dealer given mats. I don't have a picture ready but trust me, you won't be disappointed. Also they take returns within 15 days, so no worries

The best part I love about this mat is it's dust pan kind of shaping perfectly in line with the floor curves. Just lift them out and tap, no leakage of dust on the car floor.
shajufx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2017, 12:35   #674
BHPian

Quote:
It covers the dead pedal very well, meaning with a machine pressed folds wherever required. Don't depend on the picture shown on Amazon, because they display the same on most cars, no idea why. Front mats are longer than rear unlike the picture. Front left goes and touches the metal which is never the case with dealer given mats. I don't have a picture ready but trust me, you won't be disappointed. Also they take returns within 15 days, so no worries

The best part I love about this mat is it's dust pan kind of shaping perfectly in line with the floor curves. Just lift them out and tap, no leakage of dust on the car floor.
Hi Shajufx, I just got the mats today. They were not fitting my car for some reason. They are on the bigger side. I even tried bending the sides, but still not fitting well. The back center piece is too wide and long, even the front is not fitting that well (too long). Don't know if they sent me the right one ? I just tried it over the original fabric mats. However I still think its not fitting properly. Can you please upload a photo ?
Old 2nd March 2017, 13:35   #675
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
....I just tried it over the original fabric mats. However I still think its not fitting properly. Can you please upload a photo ?
Sorry to hear that, looks like they sent you the wrong one ! Could you post some pics ? I dont have any mat images yet, will take it tomorrow without fail. But one thing I can assure, my mats are like measured and made for the floor, not even an mm of extra width or length !

Most Viewed