Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2011, 11:53   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Mahindra Customization Vehicles

No words can describe such a piece of art, that too coming from India's major auto manufacturer. What is M&M hell bent on?.

For me, the mods that steal the show are:
- Quad Xhausts
- Scorpio Taillights
- Stupid looking HL/grille combo
- A Spoiler? Does Mahindra really think that the bolero needs some down force? ... umm.. with quad exhausts, I guess it may.
- Horrendous color chosen for the interiors.

Not exactly a mod, but, does the bolero still come with the good 'ol 800 wiper/indicator stalks?

To sum it up -
Old 2nd July 2011, 16:26   #17
Senior - BHPian

The Scorpio bits like the ORVMs and tail-lamps are a total misfit when stuck to the Bolero.They should have kept the design as original as possible and concentrated on improving the overall quality instead. This attempt just looks plain garish. Something more subtle would have been appreciated.
Old 3rd July 2011, 12:11   #18
BHPian

yesterday saw a Bolero with a temp number.. and it read SL model (a model I thought never existed)
Looks the same as a normal bolero (7 seater), but no AC, no tacho.. and no flowery door padding and upholsery
(the flowery upholsery was not to my taste anyway) Engine wise it was a DI turbo model.. Also noticed the inside door grabs are more like the Indica model.
yesterday night also saw in autocar India that Madindra is coming up with a new engine for Bolero.. called LCCRV (low cost CRD engine).
pvgeorge is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2011, 12:15   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvgeorge View Post
yesterday saw a Bolero with a temp number.. and it read SL model (a model I thought never existed)
Looks the same as a normal bolero (7 seater), but no AC, no tacho.. and no flowery door padding and upholsery
(the flowery upholsery was not to my taste anyway) Engine wise it was a DI turbo model.. Also noticed the inside door grabs are more like the Indica model.
That should be the new Bolero, probably the base variant. So there are no design changes is it? It was rumored to have a new fascia, dashboard and better interiors though.

Last edited by jeeva : 3rd July 2011 at 12:22.
Old 3rd July 2011, 16:44   #20
Senior - BHPian

The side of the front tender has a parking light AND indicator. Maybe they put it in the wrong place, or then maybe THAT is customization in M&M's ishtyle.

The alloys are HORRIBLE, as is the SPOILER, as are most other things. Why can they not make a decent vehicle which looks more like a Jeep & less like a space craft ?? LOL

If the customization department is so keen on doing it's thing how come they are unable to produce a simple hard top for the THAR ??

Maybe they should learn from the BRILLIANT BLACK Rubicon lookalike that someone in Kerela has made. Or better still hire the genius to run the show for them !!

Sad M&M
Old 3rd July 2011, 16:59   #21
BHPian

Not to my taste at all. I prefer the older rugged look and it very much suits its profile.

Alloys look cheap and 4 exhaust pipes makes it much uglier.
Loathe the interiors; maybe because of the colour. Front looks good though.
Old 3rd July 2011, 17:40   #22
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

the usual m&m bling thing. those designers dont have any taste at all. all cosmetics and no real "juice".
useless stuff.
I think frankly I could design a customized vehicle which will be a million times better looking as well as functional - something which will be a commercial success.
the m&m customization department blokes must inhaling something rather strange to come up with this sort of rubbish!
Old 3rd July 2011, 17:48   #23
Senior - BHPian

This horrendous stuff is not made by any designers, it is done by the customization department, which itself is a one man army. I salute the guys effort to do "something" but seriously detest that "something". Too garish for ones liking.

Spike
SPIKE ARRESTOR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2011, 17:55   #24
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

customization by itself is a very interesting and lucrative revenue stream - if only m&m would wake up to the opportunity! sad that it is not yet taken as seriously as it should be. If they provided top quality and functionality a number of enthusiasts would be queueing up for M&M's customization! If they continue the way they are doing now, then all they will get are an increasing number of brickbats from people like us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
This horrendous stuff is not made by any designers, it is done by the customization department, which itself is a one man army. I salute the guys effort to do "something" but seriously detest that "something". Too garish for ones liking.

Spike
Old 3rd July 2011, 18:37   #25
Senior - BHPian

Note from Mod : You have way too many spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other members / guests.

You are hereby instructed to proof-read your posts prior to hitting the "submit" button. Thanks

Last edited by GTO : 3rd July 2011 at 21:16.
rajeev k is offline   Received Infraction
Old 3rd July 2011, 19:56   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post

Spike

It may serve the interest of the company then to hire a NID graduate or someone who can come up with acceptable if not the best designs. Case in point is the BLACK RUBICON look-alike created out of an Armada, by some genius in Kerela. That is the kind of talent M&M needs if they want to make money.

They cannot produce a HT for the THAR so why even try customized vehicles which are outright pathetic !!

Disclaimer : No dis-respect meant to anyone, kindly take this in the right spirit M&M

P.S. I think & many may agree that this "creation" should find it's grave in the Weird & Wacky thread !!

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 3rd July 2011 at 20:09.
Old 3rd July 2011, 20:03   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
It may serve the interest of the company then to hire a NID graduate or someone who can come up with acceptable if not the best designs. Case in point is the BLACK RUBICON look-alike created out of an Armada, by some genius in Kerela. That is the kind of talent M&M needs if they want to make money.

They cannot produce a HT for the THAR so why even try customized vehicles which are outright pathetic !!

Disclaimer : No dis-respect meant to anyone, kindly take this in the right spirit M&M

Cheers
I agree that Armade looks a thousand times better than this creation, this looks like a job by some amuture trying mods for the first time but with a lot of cash to do so.
Old 3rd July 2011, 20:58   #28
Senior - BHPian

Exteriors, Wow, interiors, Yuck. Right from the colour choice to the shabby gearshift stick leather surround. Shabby and with screws showing up at odd p[laces (the console). The seat stitches are loose at some places and are missing at some. What a load or crap. Sorry but this is my opinion.
Old 4th July 2011, 21:41   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Exteriors, Wow, interiors, Yuck. Right from the colour choice to the shabby gearshift stick leather surround. Shabby and with screws showing up at odd p[laces (the console). The seat stitches are loose at some places and are missing at some. What a load or crap. Sorry but this is my opinion.

Gogi ji

EXTERIORS wow ??? With all due respect - Do you own any car that even comes close ? I think not....

Cheers
Old 4th July 2011, 21:46   #30
Senior - BHPian

Expletuve Was used as a figure of speech ricky

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks