Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2011, 11:53   #106
BHPian

Re: Is Ambipur in-car perfume harmful?

I dont know if its harmful ,but it sure gives me headaches. Which is the best natural fragrance to use ?
Old 23rd July 2011, 13:17   #107
Senior - BHPian

^ Keep a fresh bouquet of flowers or some sandalwood carving etc
Old 23rd July 2011, 14:47   #108
BHPian

I have used it non-stop for 7yrs and did not find anything interms of side effects. In fact, I used to change the fragrances everytime and I was finding it pleasant as well.
Old 23rd July 2011, 14:51   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallya_2010 View Post
I dont know if its harmful ,but it sure gives me headaches. Which is the best natural fragrance to use ?
Same is the case with me, moreover I don't like the fragrances on offer by them.
Old 24th July 2011, 20:02   #110
BHPian

Is there something mild and pleasant? Anything that can give that "new car smell"?
Old 15th November 2011, 10:32   #111
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Here's what the in-car fragrance did to a car I drove last week. Notice the damaged plastic, this on a brand new car!!

GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th November 2011, 11:05   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallya_2010
I use poppy and quite like this fragrance of all the ones I tested. I tried one spray kind but it kinda hit the dash hard in terms of spill overs.
Old 17th November 2011, 22:14   #113
Senior - BHPian

My Pioneer set konked off and got it serviced. I was told that Ambipur perfume has gone inside. Then I remembered the service guy while delivering the car after service has mounted the Ambipur unit upside down. Had to shell out Rs 750.
Old 17th November 2011, 22:18   #114
Senior - BHPian

I have used Ambi-Pur Orignal in my car so far (4.5 years+) and have not faced any issues till date. Dash has been as usual, No headaches etc. On the contrary it has kept my car smelling fresh.
Old 24th November 2011, 08:35   #115
Senior - BHPian

Never knew that Ambipur could be so harmful. The first pack of Ambipur I bought came with a broken clip. Hence I could not fix it in the air vent. Lucky Me!!

I put the glass perfume container in one of the cubbyholes which had my very expensive reading glasses in it. The very next day I saw that one of the lenses have gone bad completely.

Luckily the insurance on my glasses paid for it.
Old 24th November 2011, 11:25   #116
BANNED

I have switched to cubes from Lifestyle.
Old 25th November 2011, 13:58   #117
BHPian

@GTO: Exactly what had happened in my Palio. Some guy from my office had taken my car to pick up his wife from station as his car was unavailable. When he gave me back the car, the ambipur was uside down, dont know for what reason. When i ran my hand to check if it has leaked anywhere, colour came off from my dashboard and it got burnt just exactly like in the pic you have shown. Now a days I use the cakes from company called Bagus. Its from INdonesia but smells really nice. Each and every person who has sat in my car has asked me and praised about the perfume
Old 2nd December 2011, 00:11   #118
BHPian

I too faced the same issue, sister had accidentally placed the bottle it upside-down in the AC went. Next day morning saw that the liquid had leaked on the dummy cover for audio system, and on wiping it, the plastic cracked.

Also on another note, are these perfumes harmful to health ??
Old 2nd December 2011, 15:58   #119
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshivaa View Post
Also on another note, are these perfumes harmful to health ??
On a personal note, I have stopped using these liquid car perfumes in my cars for years now after i read an article in a magazine back in 2008 which stated that these liquid car freshners had toxic levels of heavy metals (lead, cadmium) in them. Imagine connecting one of these contraptions to your a/c vents and then turning the blower on for all the passengers to inhale the toxic yet sweet smelling fumes.

Since I keep the interiors of my car clean, there is no need for a freshner at all times. When the need does arise, I use the freshner in a tin which has a gel like substance. Still I don't leave it in the car extensively, leave it fully opened overnight and remove it the next morning.
Old 2nd December 2011, 16:06   #120
BHPian

Personally, I've started keeping myself away from ambipur cling-ons. I had them on the old zen estilo when a nephew kid started fiddling with the airvent that had the cling-on, and KAPUT! breaks the vent director.. So, I stick with myshaldan and the many other perfume bottles they sell at reliance autozone. Safer. Keeps that mild aroma in the car, and you can always hide it anywhere in the car to keep it away from the sun.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks