Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2006, 23:24   #1
BHPian

Modifying my Chevrolet Optra

Hey folks, this is Aditya. I have been a very long browser of the site but registered recently. Based in New Delhi, I need help on modifying my Chevrolet Optra NY Edition. I bought my ride four months back in Blazing Red color. Changed the head unit to Pioneer 7750 and got 15" alloys with Goodyear Venturas 205-55-15. I am now looking to "AWESOMIZE" my ride. Most of the Optras i've seen are stock and till date, i haven't come across a well modded Optra.
Let me first set down my budget and requirements :

Budget - Rs. 1.5 lakhs

Requirements - Leather Seats (25 k ), 1.25 lakhs left over
Waxoyl and Body Treatment (10 k), 1.15 lakhs left over

These two are the only jobs i'm fixed over, for the rest, need desperate help from you guys. My desireables are......

Awesome ICE setup along with subwoofer(s) and 3 screens, one in the front and two at the back. Want to get a DVD changer too.

Xenons. Bulb types are: H1 for high beam, H7 for the low beams. Want to go in for HID in both the low and the high beams.

16" alloys along with corresponding tyres. Definately have to change the tyres, as the front ones are losing tread. Have done a number of burnouts and 360s.

Performance mods such as K&N filters, the best ones. High performance spark plugs, performance exhausts and turbo if possible. Will it void the warranty on my car?

Good quaility side skirts if they enhance the look of my car.

I am ready to go beyond my budget by 20k - 40k if the need arises.

Do help me out as i want to get the job done by this week (am getting very impatient) if i get expert inputs from you.
Please mention the approx. cost of each component as it'll help me for prioritize and also distribute my budget accordingly.

P.S. Kindly mention the places where i can get it done from and which areas are good for which items.
For any more information, queries, advices, suggetions, tips or absolutely anything, do call me up on +91-9911112340

Thnaks a lot and looking forward to an amazing experience.

Note from mod: Do not use bold font for the entire post. It's difficult to read.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 13th February 2006 at 07:36.
Old 12th February 2006, 23:30   #2
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Just one man u need to approach .. Autopsyche (arush) .. One stop solution to all ur AWESOMIZATION .. ICE , kits , performance u name it and he is the best in the business u get at delhi ..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 12th February 2006 at 23:33.
Old 12th February 2006, 23:46   #3
Senior - BHPian

hey dude welcome to tbhp.try to avoid posting in capitals.as mclaren mention arush will be able to help you out with each and every thing and you being based in delhi makes it even simpler.just pm him.

all the best for your mods.keep us informed with whats happening.

rev
Old 13th February 2006, 06:58   #4
Senior - BHPian

After getting the xenons and the ICE system u mentioned, i doubt u'll have any money left for the body n performance mods..
Old 13th February 2006, 09:28   #5
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme Torque
Hi,

Am offering my suggestions to you in bold print.
Awesome ICE setup along with subwoofer(s) and 3 screens, one in the front and two at the back. Want to get a DVD changer too. Do not put in screens if you self drive and if chauffer driven one roof mount is enough.

Xenons. Bulb types are: H1 for high beam, H7 for the low beams. Want to go in for HID in both the low and the high beams. Should cost approx 25k for both.

16" alloys along with corresponding tyres. Definately have to change the tyres, as the front ones are losing tread. Have done a number of burnouts and 360s. Only change your tyres if they are loosing tread or else you will end up paying 25k+ for rims which you already have.

Performance mods such as K&N filters, the best ones. High performance spark plugs, performance exhausts and turbo if possible. Will it void the warranty on my car? All these mods will void warranty. A turbo alone will set you back by approx 1 lac +++ and recommended only if you have forged internals.

Good quaility side skirts if they enhance the look of my car. Go for a add on kit only skirts would look odd.

I am ready to go beyond my budget by 20k - 40k if the need arises.

Do help me out as i want to get the job done by this week (am getting very impatient) if i get expert inputs from you.
Please mention the approx. cost of each component as it'll help me for prioritize and also distribute my budget accordingly.

P.S. Kindly mention the places where i can get it done from and which areas are good for which items.
For any more information, queries, advices, suggetions, tips or absolutely anything, do call me up on +91-9911112340

Thnaks a lot and looking forward to an amazing experience.

Note from mod: Do not use bold font for the entire post. It's difficult to read.
Arush of Autopsyche would be the best to guide you and give you costing.
Hope I have been of some help.

Viper
Old 13th February 2006, 10:57   #6
BANNED

15" rims are the max you're allowed. 16" will void your warranty. Also, the only performance mods you can make on your Optra are K&N Stock Replacement filter and spark plugs. Everything else - Universal filter, headers, freeflow, turbo etc will void your warranty for sure.
Old 13th February 2006, 11:11   #7
BHPian

thanks guys, i'm taking down all the valuable advice that you are giving. please keep it coming.
Old 13th February 2006, 11:55   #8
BHPian

http://www.nextlevelracing.com/gboxgold.html Do check it out. Do you think i'll be able to fit this in my car. What type of gains can i expect.
Old 13th February 2006, 14:28   #9
BHPian

Hey guys, this is the latest pics of my ride. Do give me all your opinions and what else i should do. Will post the latest pics once the job is completed. All your advices and comments are welcome and wanted.
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 13th February 2006, 15:00   #10
BANNED

Hey Aditya, I had checked out the next level racing site earlier, and even I was wondering whether I could fit something like that on my Optra...maybe plug it in, and then take it out before servicing, so the dealer doesn't find out and void the warranty.

Do let us know how it goes with your mods.
Old 13th February 2006, 15:17   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme Torque
http://www.nextlevelracing.com/gboxgold.html Do check it out. Do you think i'll be able to fit this in my car. What type of gains can i expect.
Hey i did chk out the Gbox... sounds very impressive....

but has anyone got it installed in their cars yet? can we have some comments/reviews on it?
Old 14th February 2006, 17:33   #12
Senior - BHPian

Hey aditya, thats a very neat looking car, my fav color on the optra infact. We'll definitely work something out for you.

Arush
Old 14th February 2006, 18:56   #13
BHPian

thanks arush. it was really informative talking to you. Thanks for your compliments. Will talk to the gm people, convince them not to cancel my warranty and will get my entire work done by you, i know i can trust you. And i definately dont need any convincing.
Old 19th February 2006, 11:47   #14
BHPian

I wish i could get in touch with rudra sir. Even he has an optra, and he could definately advise me on my mods.
Old 21st February 2006, 12:01   #15
BANNED

I spoke to FortPoint from where I bought my car about fitting a freeflow.

Here's the problem:

The first guy I spoke to said I couldn't do it because it would void the warranty.

The second guy I spoke to a few days later said I could modify the exhaust after the catalytic converter - basically just the endpipe and muffler.

Now today I went to give the car for the first service, and ended up speaking to a third guy who told me it was perfectly alright to fit the full freeflow - headers etc, and even suggested I fit a K&N.

Now I am confused. None of these guys are willing to put it in writing, so I can't even hold them to it. I'd really like to fit the whole free flow, but not at the cost of voiding my warranty.

If anyone can suggest a way I could sort this out, I'd really appreciate it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks