Team-BHP - Performance help for my Matiz
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Performance help for my Matiz (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/10648-performance-help-my-matiz.html)

Now that I have finally Re-painted my car, the first step to customising my car is over.
Now I'm planning to install performance parts. (2nd Step).

Can anyone tell me what you think of these products and where I can get them as I'm not planning to buy stock parts anymore if I can help it.

1. Suspension parts. (coilovers, Shocks, Polyurethane Bushings etc)

2. High pressure fuel pump. (The stock one is nearing the end of its life)

3. Uprated Brake kits (Drilled brake disks, uprated brake pads etc)

4. Free flow exhaust (Rather for torque than high end power)

5. KnN Filter

6. Mild Camshaft.

These are first on my list as the stock ones are already due for replacement.
Can any of you give me Idea's on which way I should go about in modifying my Matiz keeping in mind
that I will be putting a Turbo as soon as I can get my hands on a Garrett T12 or a second hand Charade Turbo.

I want to emphasis on Handling rather than making extra Bhp.

What is power if you can't handle it, right? :)

Gtea, contact www.n1engineering.com........ there you'll get theAlthough i don't know how they'll get it across to you....email them and check!

Customer service is excellent and replies to emails are sure and prompt!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edmund
Gtea, contact www.n1engineering.com........ there you'll get the
  • K&N Filter
  • Mild Camhaft [Piper, UK]
  • Suspension stuff
Although i don't know how they'll get it across to you....email them and check!

Customer service is excellent and replies to emails are sure and prompt!

I contacted them but they said that they do not market Suspension parts at the moment.
I was planning on getting the other stuffs from them anyway. Except the high pressure fuel pump.

hmmm, i slipped up, i know that they don't stock suspension parts..... i was thinking on the lines of Method Automobiles..... who are Koni dealers!

There was this other stall at the ACI Performance show that was a Suspension dealer, he was right next to the N1Engineering stall........ Didn't get a leaflet from him though!

I'm trying to get in touch with them.
But I can't find their e-mail address.
I went to their website and tried their CONTACT US page but the messages could not be sent.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gtea
I'm trying to get in touch with them.
But I can't find their e-mail address.
I went to their website and tried their CONTACT US page but the messages could not be sent.

if its Konis you want then why dont you PM Psycho about it. he is also a dealer for Konis and will be able to guide you better..

Yeah I'll contact Psycho.
I hope he can help me out.
I want to know how those Koni's feel. Man I've heard so much about Koni suspensions.
I just hope they have Kits which will fit on the Matiz.

anyway to increase the acceleration of the car without sacrificing the fuel economy?? as it is i only get bout 9-10 with ac in chennai/bangalore

9-10 is very low even with the ac i think.
When was the last time you gave the car for service??

i service the car regularly with oil change, clean fuel injectors, last week even got brake overhauled and engine tuning done.
can anyone shed some light on how much they get in their matiz driving in the city with ac on?? i drive in chennai mostly in the heavy traffic which could be a factor too.

i emailed the automech ppl and got a reply frm Vivek, he said the free flow exhaust they had put in a matiz did not work properly and that the matiz is probably the only car in which a free flow exhaust does not work the way it is supposed to. He said he will look into it further and let me know.
Anyone kno y free flow aint free flowin in a matiz??? damn, i really dont wanna sell my matiz, how can i improve the performance now???
somebody help please

How about putting a K&N filter.
I'm planning on gettin one from N1engineering.

I have put a free flow muffler and I can definitely feel the difference even though its not much.

@gtea, u got just the muffler replaced? thats just for the sound right? is there any performace diff like imprved accel, torque???
not sure about the K&N filter, which one are you goin for stock replacement or conical??? pls keep us posted here as im sure there r other matiz owners who want more vrooom frm their cars too.

I'm going in for the Conical filter.
It's about Rs. 3750 I think.
Yeah you are right The muffler is mainly for the sound but I do feel the car is a bit more responsive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gtea
I'm going in for the Conical filter.
It's about Rs. 3750 I think.
Yeah you are right The muffler is mainly for the sound but I do feel the car is a bit more responsive.

Hey,

Its physcological. You feel the car is moving faster because of the sound but there should not be any performance diif with a muffler only.

Viper