Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2011, 19:14   #1
BHPian

Figo Aftermarket projectors and Angel Eyes

Hi Team BHP

I am the owner of a white Figo Titanium 1.4 TDcI. Till now i have used the stock car and not made any modifications to the car (except add fog lights during the first service). However, now i have started to feel the need for some change. so here's what i have done (some say its a very small change, but i say its many small changes add into one big one in the end)

* called up this guy called Devraj (got his contact on TBHP) and Leatherified my steering wheel with soft perforated Black Italian leather and stitched with red threads to go with the Figo seat theme. Also got the gear knob & hand brake done in the same theme. Very well done i must say, it cost me 1200 bucks and the car steering feels like one at least 2 segments higher.

*found this chap called Noor - electrician to do the tail lights of the Figo. now all the empty spaces have lights glowing in them. 2 stop lights and 1 reverse fog light .

Most Figo owners i have spoken with complain that in the tail light set there are 2 empty spaces, as in the tail light has (Turn Indicator, Reverse Light, Blank, Stop Light, and Blank) with Blank i mean that there is nothing there, so i ask, why Ford did you want to give an option to have a light and not put a light in there. Quite irritating.

when i had gone for my second service, i stayed back at Lathangi ford and requested, nay begged the electrical people to do something about it, put some extra connections and then fill the empty spaces with lights. but, they simply refused to do it. finally when i threw a tantrum he said it would cost 3000 rupees, XXX amount per set + lights + labor, as aghast as i was, i was wise enough and said NO.

anyways, Noor did this in 20 mins flat and took 300 rupees from me for the same thing. Its been 1 month and no complaints till now.

now, i want to put some projectors & angel eyes onto the Figo, in my head i imagine that it will look really nice to have something like a BMW angel eyes up front and a nice LED strip (Day time lights) not too jhataak, but classy like the Audi's.

has anyone seen/done or know anyone who has this kind of modification on the Figo?

some guys at JC road in Bangalore have told me that this is not possible since the Figo headlamp is integrated and there are many complications which come with trying to do it.

I still am hopeful.

Please let me know in case anyone has any ideas.

best regards
Mavrick
Old 26th August 2011, 09:41   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Figo Aftermarket projectors and Angel Eyes

@Mavrick

I have seen few Figo's here in Cochin with small bodykits and upgraded wheels but havent seen one with projector headlights. However I came across some readymade kits from Retro rides. Have attached the pics. They are into custom headlight modifications.

I would recommend DRL's in the headlights as seen in Audi since they will not have the desired quality. You can have corona rings just like BMW. That will look cool. I have that on my car and they are really good looking.

For DRL's, you can check out Philips (but they are expensive). Check out chinese DRL's found on the net. Although the quality isnt good, it's deadly cheap. I have those too.

I would suggest:

1) Upgraded wheels
2) Projector - If it's reasonable
3) Side skirts
Attached Thumbnails
Figo Aftermarket projectors and Angel Eyes-figo-1.jpg  

Figo Aftermarket projectors and Angel Eyes-figo-2.jpg  

Old 26th August 2011, 11:22   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries_mavrick View Post
Hi Team BHP

* called up this guy called Devraj (got his contact on TBHP) and Leatherified my steering wheel with soft perforated Black Italian leather and stitched with red threads to go with the Figo seat theme. Also got the gear knob & hand brake done in the same theme. Very well done i must say, it cost me 1200 bucks and the car steering feels like one at least 2 segments higher.

*found this chap called Noor - electrician to do the tail lights of the Figo. now all the empty spaces have lights glowing in them. 2 stop lights and 1 reverse fog light .

best regards
Mavrick
Mavrick,
I have been thinking of leather steering wheel cover as well for my Figo. Would appreciate if you can add pictures of your steering wheel, gear shifter and hand brake leather covers.

Regarding the added lights at the rear, I hope your addition/alteration does not void warranty, Ford dealers seem to be very strict regarding any alterations not performed at the workshop.

Sriku
Old 26th August 2011, 12:07   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriku View Post
Mavrick,
I have been thinking of leather steering wheel cover as well for my Figo. Would appreciate if you can add pictures of your steering wheel, gear shifter and hand brake leather covers.
+1 to that!
I'd love to see some pics of the steering as well. I need them on my figo too
Please share some pics.
Old 26th August 2011, 12:21   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriku View Post
Mavrick,

Regarding the added lights at the rear, I hope your addition/alteration does not void warranty, Ford dealers seem to be very strict regarding any alterations not performed at the workshop.

Sriku
I assume it will, but again its not such a big reason to void the warranty. its only 4 extra bulbs. Just to be careful, we could increase the fuse capacity, but that said it should not be an issues.

will post pictures tomorrow, i tried to click some from my mobile phone, but it just does not do justice to the quality of work done. will post when there is good light with pics from a better camera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_united View Post
+1 to that!
I'd love to see some pics of the steering as well. I need them on my figo too
Please share some pics.
Will post the pics when i take it from a better camera. tomorrow for sure.

Last edited by Jaggu : 26th August 2011 at 13:03. Reason: Back to back posts, please use Multi Quote (Quote+) instead. Thanks
Old 30th August 2011, 11:41   #6
BHPian

In continuation to my previous posts - here goes the pictures of the Figo Tail Lamps.

pic 1 - This is how it looks with the Lights switched on
Pic 2 - this is the RHS tail with the Fog Lamp on
Pic 3 - LHS with the Fog Lamp on
Attached Thumbnails
Figo Aftermarket projectors and Angel Eyes-20110829-10.10.06jpg.jpg  

Figo Aftermarket projectors and Angel Eyes-20110829-10.09.39jpg1.jpg  

Figo Aftermarket projectors and Angel Eyes-20110829-10.09.16-jpg.jpg  

Old 6th November 2011, 23:14   #7
BHPian

Hey Mavrick,

Can you share the number of Devraj from whom you have got your Leather Steering Cover done ? Looking at your location, hope Devraj is in hyderabad ...
Old 23rd November 2011, 18:09   #8
BHPian

Has anyone tried putting DRLs to their Figo?? Recently I noticed a lot of hatchbacks such as polo and swift having new DRLs. I think the Chinese ones. They are also available in the TBhp classifieds.

Has anyone tried them?? If after trying and removing them is the warranty voided??
Old 24th November 2011, 09:49   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
Has anyone tried putting DRLs to their Figo?? Recently I noticed a lot of hatchbacks such as polo and swift having new DRLs. I think the Chinese ones. They are also available in the TBhp classifieds.

Has anyone tried them?? If after trying and removing them is the warranty voided??
I have seen couple of Figo's with DRL's (That too the E Class kinda DRLs). Here's one pic that I managed to source from FB.
As long as you dont cut the stock wires, it will be safe. My Swift got DRL's too. Yes, these are all Chinese. Philips DRL's are expensive.
Attached Thumbnails
Figo Aftermarket projectors and Angel Eyes-301287_10150314077736165_657941164_7967240_566504006_n.jpg  

Old 24th November 2011, 10:25   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju

I have seen couple of Figo's with DRL's (That too the E Class kinda DRLs). Here's one pic that I managed to source from FB.
As long as you dont cut the stock wires, it will be safe. My Swift got DRL's too. Yes, these are all Chinese. Philips DRL's are expensive.
Thanks. Yes those are the ones im talking about.

Did you get the DRLs from TBHP classifieds? Or else could you help me locate a good dealer for them?? How much did you pay for it?
P.s If we remove them after use will my warranty still be intact? ( i mean somthing like jailbreaking and restoring an iPhone )
Old 24th November 2011, 10:44   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. Yes those are the ones im talking about.

Did you get the DRLs from TBHP classifieds? Or else could you help me locate a good dealer for them?? How much did you pay for it?
P.s If we remove them after use will my warranty still be intact? ( i mean somthing like jailbreaking and restoring an iPhone )
This is not my ride. Got the pic from my friend. The one I have is a small one. See pic (not clear though. a bit bigger when you see in person). I have got a bigger one now just like Philips but havent installed them. I got them from
Super Bright LED Car Lights, LED Lights For Cars, LED Bulbs, HID Bulbs, HID Conversion Kits and Car Accessories for around 300-500. Now guess they have increased the price but a lot cheaper then you see here. As I had mentioned, Philips DRL's starts from 4k and it's expensive. I have been using these DRL's for almost a year now.

Your warranty will be intact as long as you dont play with the stock wiring. It's just sticking/clamping these DRL's onto your bumper and connecting it to the battery. I have connected it to the park lights so wont turn on when the car is in ignition. Have to turn the park lights for DRL's to switch on.

There are many shops in Cochin where you get these DRL's.
Attached Images

Old 24th November 2011, 10:49   #12
BHPian

Your car looks lovely with all those mods. Is the angel eyes in the profile pic of your car only?

Also are the DRLs bright enough to assist in driving or just a cosmetic enhancement?
Parthasarathig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2011, 11:32   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Your car looks lovely with all those mods. Is the angel eyes in the profile pic of your car only?

Also are the DRLs bright enough to assist in driving or just a cosmetic enhancement?
Thanks mate. Yes, that's my car. I would say it's pretty fine in pitch black conditions. I mainly added this for the 'bling' factor. Philips DRLs are pretty bright. Chinese DRL's wont assist in driving. Of course, oncoming cars will notice this.
Old 24th November 2011, 22:20   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries_mavrick View Post
now, i want to put some projectors & angel eyes onto the Figo, in my head i imagine that it will look really nice to have something like a BMW angel eyes up front and a nice LED strip (Day time lights) not too jhataak, but classy like the Audi's.

has anyone seen/done or know anyone who has this kind of modification on the Figo?
Hi Mavrick,

I had enquired about fitting Projector headlamps for my Figo back in July.
Performance Zone - Projector + HID kit + Angel Eyes = 12500
Retrorides - Projector + HID kit + Angel eyes = 25000 (original Hella projector and HID kit)

Had also enquired about fitting dual ones, but retrorides said Hella ones are a bit bigger than chinese ones. So that cant be dont, but chinese ones can be fitted for dual projectors.

Retrorides can either send you the complete Kit or they can buy Figo headlamps and fit it and ship it or you can send your headlamps and get it fitted. BTW shipping, fitting and buying new headlamps are going to extra. I havent fitted those yet since they are in Delhi, so waiting for a chance to go to Delhi and get it fitted.

Last edited by ramharis : 24th November 2011 at 22:21. Reason: 2 signatures, so needed to remove one
ramharis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2011, 00:32   #15
Senior - BHPian

I think that Retro Rides does an amazing Job and they used genuine stuff. its better to spend more for one time than going in for the CHINA maal.
desideep is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks