Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2011, 02:21   #1

My modded BMW 335i Coupe

Hey Guys,

Here are some pics of my car I've aimed to keep clean, tidy and modded to my own taste.

Car:
BMW 335i Coupe
N54 Engine (Twin Turbo)

Performance Mods:
Piggyback ECU Chip - Juice Box 3, Version 2, Map 7 (good for approx 380 Wheel Horse Power, 410 ft.lb. of Torque)
BMS Dual Cone Air Intake
CP-E Catback Exhaust
AR Design Catless Downpipes (to be installed soon)
KW V1 Coilovers (Suspension upgrade)

Other Mods:
M3 Side Skirts
Vorsteiner CSL Style rear Carbon Fiber trunk
Vorsteiner V-35 Vented Carbon Fiber Hood
Gloss black Vinyl Roof
OEM M3 Steering Wheel Upgrade (With SMG Paddle Shifters)
M5/M6 SMG Shift Knob
Linea Corse Dyna 19" Rims (Hyper Black rims with Polished Lips)

Blah iPhone Pics:

Complimentary shot next to my M6 which will be modded soon:

M6 is getting the the KW V3 Coilovers, Vorsteiner CSL Trunk, Vorsteiner Hood, Tubi Rumore Exhaust. It currently has 20" HRE 543r wheels with Hankook V12 Ventus tires installed. All parts have been bought except the exhaust.

Thanks for looking!

Note from Team-BHP Support : Thanks for the pics, but please note that it is imperative for you to upload pictures directly to the Team-BHP Server. Click here (Uploading photographs directly to Team-BHP) to view our simple help article on uploading pictures. Thanks.

Last edited by Rehaan : 12th September 2011 at 14:28. Reason: Please take a look at the mod note that has been added to the end of your post.
shaizada is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th September 2011, 13:09   #2
BHPian

Re: My modded BMW 335i Coupe

Looks pretty sick dude..
i have the same car and i just installed jb4, DCI and borla catback exhausts a week ago... Love the bodykit you got there.. i m pretty close to orange county.. we should race sometime... lol.. Its nice to see a 335 that doesnt look like a wannabe M3...
Old 11th September 2011, 14:44   #3
BHPian

The 335i looks killer! Please upload some interior pics also.
Old 11th September 2011, 18:54   #4
Senior - BHPian

Thats some garage! A perfect daily drive coupled with an M6 for those weekend fun drives (Or is it vise versa ). What else is there???

Dude, your cars looks pretty sweet. Being really close to each other, you and Mike could go for long drives on those californian twisties! Do upload more pics of your rides and write some more details about your experience with BMW and their modifications. Good luck and keep revving those German horses.

Wish the 335i was available in India! This car is a legend when it comes to handling.
Old 13th September 2011, 18:10   #5
BHPian

Good work man!!

Can't wait to see the M6 when its done. Would definitely love to see more pics, both of the 335 and the M!!
Old 14th September 2011, 01:30   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike89 View Post
Looks pretty sick dude..
i have the same car and i just installed jb4, DCI and borla catback exhausts a week ago... Love the bodykit you got there.. i m pretty close to orange county.. we should race sometime... lol.. Its nice to see a 335 that doesnt look like a wannabe M3...
Nice car choice Mike!

You should get on e90post.com as well (if you aren't already). I actually picked the 335i over the M3 as I wanted a somewhat fuel efficient daily driver. The 335i is way more torquey and more fun on the streets. For a more menacing weekend, it's definitely the M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
Thats some garage! A perfect daily drive coupled with an M6 for those weekend fun drives (Or is it vise versa ). What else is there???

Dude, your cars looks pretty sweet. Being really close to each other, you and Mike could go for long drives on those californian twisties! Do upload more pics of your rides and write some more details about your experience with BMW and their modifications. Good luck and keep revving those German horses.

Wish the 335i was available in India! This car is a legend when it comes to handling.
Yeah, M6 is pretty much set for the weekends. It averages 13.6 miles to the gallon which is really horrible And thats with the M mode turned off!

The 335i handles really well with the suspension upgrades, but I'm still thinking of doing front & rear sway bars, M3 Control Arms, M3 Tension Rods and M3 sub frame bushings. Then I will be done with suspension mods for the car

There are a few other cars:
Toyota MR2 Spyder that I hope to build for track some day soon.
Mercedes E350 daily driver for the parents.
Acura TSX for the wife (getting traded in soon for an X5M, Porsche Cayenne Turbo OR a Porsche Panamera Turbo....not sure which one yet).
Infinite QX4 SUV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed.Demon View Post
Good work man!!

Can't wait to see the M6 when its done. Would definitely love to see more pics, both of the 335 and the M!!
Thanks!! I'll upload more pics once the M6 has some mods that I need to get installed. I'll park both cars together and take some pics. Here are some I had taken with my phone a little while back when I had just gotten the wheels installed. However these are ones BEFORE I got the KW V3 Coilovers installed (just this last weekend):
Attached Thumbnails
My modded BMW 335i Coupe-photo-2.jpg  

My modded BMW 335i Coupe-photo-4.jpg  

My modded BMW 335i Coupe-photo-5.jpg  

My modded BMW 335i Coupe-photo-6.jpg  

Old 14th September 2011, 07:21   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaizada View Post
The 335i is way more torquey and more fun on the streets. For a more menacing weekend, it's definitely the M6
True that. Thanks the absolutely brilliant Turbo setup, 335i feels much more drivable and fun on streets compared to E90 M3.

Quote:
Yeah, M6 is pretty much set for the weekends. It averages 13.6 miles to the gallon which is really horrible And thats with the M mode turned off!
You are in the States, shaizada (or Gaurav, is that your name!?!) ! WHO CARES how many gallons?

Quote:
The 335i handles really well with the suspension upgrades, but I'm still thinking of doing front & rear sway bars, M3 Control Arms, M3 Tension Rods and M3 sub frame bushings. Then I will be done with suspension mods for the car
The upgrade will definately showcase the handling improvements on a track, however I have this feeling the stock suspension should be good enough for regular street use. Keep us posted about your observations.

Quote:
There are a few other cars:
Toyota MR2 Spyder that I hope to build for track some day soon.
Mercedes E350 daily driver for the parents.
Acura TSX for the wife (getting traded in soon for an X5M, Porsche Cayenne Turbo OR a Porsche Panamera Turbo....not sure which one yet).
Infinite QX4 SUV.
Sweet. You do have a thing or two for Japanese and Germans! Lets put in some Italians in the equation.

You aren't kidding when you say Cayenne/Panamera Turbo for wifey? If you ask me honestly, you should get her a nice Alfa Romeo (Something like 159) unless you really require a big SUV or a cross-over! Alfa will be unique too as there aren't many around; plus the car itself is a beauty to behold. For that power greediness, you have the M, right! Or even better, how about a *pre-worshipped* Ferrari F430! There are many sweet deals out there since the 458 Italia is the current buzz in the town. Here is a pic of 159 off Wikipedia. F430, we all know about it! The Perfect Ferrari.
My modded BMW 335i Coupe-alfa_159.jpg

Good luck mate and will be looking forward to more pictures and details of your rides.

Ace

Last edited by Ace F355 : 14th September 2011 at 07:40.
Old 14th September 2011, 13:11   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Nice car choice Mike!

You should get on e90post.com as well (if you aren't already). I actually picked the 335i over the M3 as I wanted a somewhat fuel efficient daily driver. The 335i is way more torquey and more fun on the streets. For a more menacing weekend, it's definitely the M6
I am already on e90post.. You should check out this drag race event in san diego. Its not a competition, its just for fun. Its a 1/8 mile drag and you can race all nite long for a fee of 30 bucks. That is if your into racing. the next event is on 23rd of this month. Bring a helmet if you decide to come. racelegal.com

And about the suspension, i dont think you need any upgrades if you already have a sports package. Its stiff enough to handle enough torque through the corners.i mean the car handles like a go cart as it is.
Old 14th September 2011, 13:14   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
Alfa will be unique too as there aren't many around; plus the car itself is a beauty to behold.
Alfa doesnt sell its car in the US. you would have to import it.
Old 14th September 2011, 14:14   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike89 View Post
Alfa doesnt sell its car in the US. you would have to import it.
I am aware of it, Mike. And thats why I insist on Alfas being unique and true head turners.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks