Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2006, 02:07   #1
BHPian

esteem mpfi modd

guyz i have 2 cars 1 is a old esteem and one is the new mpfi
i wanna modify em on the old 1 have already done afreeflow and k&n and plugs was else can be done

also pls suggest modds for a mpfi car besides the freeflow and k&n

guyz on my mpfi the k&n fitted in the original box but on many cars i see a big 1 with a steel pipe and a round one which one is that is it different and doesnt it come for the mpfi esteem also are bosche plugs good with the 4 point at the top
Old 25th February 2006, 07:53   #2
BHPian

Are four pointers better plugs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolm
are bosche plugs good with the 4 point at the top
You would be better off using the stock plugs if you have a properly functioning ingnition system. Stock plugs give you equal if not more horsepower than the superplugs if you have not varied the compression ratio markedly and have not changed the mixture strength and composition.:WTF: Before flooding my inbox with the benefits of super plugs please go through the functioning of spark plugs by goooogling a bit. If you are hell bent on using multi pointers and rare earth metal plugs then you would have to change the plug gap( difficult on multipointers) by contacting the manufacturers. If you really want to benefit when using these plugs you will have to downsize the thickness of your head gasket or increase the mixture strength by using different makes of carbs. In your mpfi Maruti a high volume injecture and fuel pump would give you slightly more power because all Maruti"s are tuned towards fuel efeciency. Another trick at the cost of the environment is to reduce the output of the Oxygen sensor/Lambda sensor in millivolts by putting a resistor in series so that the voltage fed to the ECU drops by about .2 volt to .25 volt. I am doctor and not a mechanical engineer by profession so take my points with a big pinch of salt. Bye and wear your seatbelts

Last edited by drpullockaran : 25th February 2006 at 07:56.

Most Viewed