Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2011, 16:57   #16
BHPian

Re: My 89bhp Ford Figo

Apart from this, I have to tell you once you start driving the modded car now, you will not feel that you are driving a rocket or something. It feels normal but only when you get into a stock figo the difference is evident.
the difference is mostly in the number of gearshifts (it reduces).

As in the case of Punto FGT and VGT(90bhp) version the 15horses feel like phoney normally.

Is there any way I can test the power without a dyno run ?
Old 29th September 2011, 17:16   #17
Senior - BHPian

^^ You could order a bluetooth OBD device and plug it in to the OBD port right below the steering. You could use Android's OBD software which is available for download. It is basically plug and play and you could get many parameters like Brake HP, instant fuel consumption, your average speed over a few hundred kilometers among other things.
anilisanil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2011, 18:09   #18
BHPian

Congrats man on your race chipped Figo, we need to go for a long drive some time to check out the race chip.
Old 29th September 2011, 18:09   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_mba View Post
Its not easy owning a Figo when your best friend is a FIAT fan and happens to own a Punto. Oh he is a bhpian too.
Yes, Especially after you contemplated on buying a Punto for a while before buying your Figo.

Enjoy your powerful version of Figo, a test drive booked when I am in Cochin during Vijayadashami holidays!

BTW, things are not going to be easy for you (again) when your best friend installs a race chip in his Punto - yea I heard him talking about that

Last edited by clevermax : 29th September 2011 at 18:11.
Old 29th September 2011, 18:27   #20
Senior - BHPian

He he... Congrats on the install!!! Are the infamous stalling issues now been sorted after the chip install?
Old 29th September 2011, 18:53   #21
Senior - BHPian

At that price, its an absolute steal..full power to you! Please do post a detailed review figo_mba. Any details on the torque spread etc? No warranty issues with the chip I presume? From what you have said, it is not exactly plug-and-play, so would it not be a hassle to uninstall each time it goes in for service while under warranty?
Old 29th September 2011, 19:54   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkg77 View Post
Congrats man on your race chipped Figo, we need to go for a long drive some time to check out the race chip.
Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Yes, Especially after you contemplated on buying a Punto for a while before buying your Figo.

Enjoy your powerful version of Figo, a test drive booked when I am in Cochin during Vijayadashami holidays!

BTW, things are not going to be easy for you (again) when your best friend installs a race chip in his Punto - yea I heard him talking about that
Sure Sure guys. yeah clevermax he spoke to me as well on that.
I am going to have a drag race with a punto tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
^^ You could order a bluetooth OBD device and plug it in to the OBD port right below the steering. You could use Android's OBD software which is available for download. It is basically plug and play and you could get many parameters like Brake HP, instant fuel consumption, your average speed over a few hundred kilometers among other things.
Thanks anilsanil.. I am planning to get one now from ebay and then I can satisfy myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
He he... Congrats on the install!!! Are the infamous stalling issues now been sorted after the chip install?
Stalling issues might have an impact. I am not sure though. I have not hada stall since the install but then it is too early to comment. let me see. will keep the team posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaserQ View Post
At that price, its an absolute steal..full power to you! Please do post a detailed review figo_mba. Any details on the torque spread etc? No warranty issues with the chip I presume? From what you have said, it is not exactly plug-and-play, so would it not be a hassle to uninstall each time it goes in for service while under warranty?
The mid range and the top range has improved. I need a dyno to confirm.
Warranty issues are present if the ford guys find me with the chip installed.
It is a hassle to remove the chip. I am going to remove that only if there is any warranty issue with the engine and the transmission. Otherwise i do not think they are ever gonna know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilangop View Post
Hi, That is nice to hear about your figo. I have a doubt regarding the engine cooling. Is the temperature needle still in the normal operational zone. And remember once a friend (a fellow team-bhpian as well - Obssessed by fiat) mentioned that figo doesnt come with a temperature guage. Anyways, I hope the high temperature warning doesnt turn on while you run the engine at high performance.
Regards,
Ilango
I checked the temperature guage in the test mode. It was at 83 degrees Celsius. This was the operating temperature even before
the race chip installation. I was not sure when i saw your post about the temperature but then i tried the test mode and now I am relieved.

Last edited by figo_mba : 29th September 2011 at 19:58.
figo_mba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2011, 23:13   #23
Team-BHP Support

Re: My 89 BHP Ford Figo!

Great job!

Looks like you've sorted out the one issue that the diesel Figo had. I'd driven one, and it could do with more power. The suspension, chassis, gearbox, steering wheel, etc. are fantastic and the Figo is a great drivers' car. What it needed was a power-bump. And you've gone and done it!

Are similar chips available at the same price for petrol cars?
Old 30th September 2011, 09:04   #24
BHPian

Wow wow.. thats all I can say. Keep the updates coming.

I had this chip in mind all the time when I decided to buy the Fiesta. This was my consolation for not buying the Optra Magnum (well to an extent). However, I had to wait for a while for the car to run a few thousand kilometers. My car has done close to 11K kms now. Also, I have your first hand experience to learn from. I think its high time for me to get the chip. I should ring up my contacts in Germany, we may soon have an 89bhp Fiesta parked near the 89bhp Figo

I have a question though. Mine is a Dec'10 Fiesta Diesel, before the calssic was launched. Would the engine be same as that of the Figo? Ford website shows 68ps (50.7Kw) @ 4000 rpm for Fiesta and 69ps (50.7Kw) @ 4000 rpm for the Figo. There is a difference of 1ps. Can anyone confirm if there are any differences in the engine. Sorry to go Prashob.

Last edited by basilmabraham : 30th September 2011 at 09:05.
Old 30th September 2011, 09:36   #25
BHPian

Quote:
I should ring up my contacts in Germany, we may soon have an 89bhp Fiesta parked near the 89bhp Figo
Well if someone can help, then an ikon TDCi too
Old 30th September 2011, 10:37   #26
Senior - BHPian

@figo_mba,

One quick question, will this installation in any way harm the warranty of either the engine or the wiring.

Also wondering how did a Figo find a mention in the German market. I though it was designed for the Indian market.
Old 30th September 2011, 11:06   #27
BHPian

Great. Looks like the race chip company will ship the chip directly to India. They have race chip for most cars - including Tata cars. The chip costs 129 + 45 Euros for Tata Safari. It claims a power increase of upto 178 PS from the original 140 PS.
Prowler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2011, 11:34   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats figo mba for your 'new power' ride. I guess FORD should thank you(or may be hire you) for you have sorted out the main problem that this otherwise wonderful car had. Awaiting more details and your drag race results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilmabraham View Post
I have a question though. Mine is a Dec'10 Fiesta Diesel, before the calssic was launched. Would the engine be same as that of the Figo? Ford website shows 68ps (50.7Kw) @ 4000 rpm for Fiesta and 69ps (50.7Kw) @ 4000 rpm for the Figo. There is a difference of 1ps. Can anyone confirm if there are any differences in the engine. Sorry to go Prashob.
Ya Fiesta shares the same engine with Figo so that chip should fit into your Fiesta as well.

Last edited by ashis89 : 30th September 2011 at 11:38.
Old 30th September 2011, 12:57   #29
Senior - BHPian

If we get this kind of power from a Raceship why would anyone go for a Pete's box at all? Or am I missing something here?
Old 30th September 2011, 14:46   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
If we get this kind of power from a Raceship why would anyone go for a Pete's box at all? Or am I missing something here?
Correct, Same question here! Considering that Pete's costs about 40k for a Ford 1.4 Tdci engine. Is there something that is 4 times better in petes than the Race Chip?

Also, figo_mba, some pics about how it is installed would be good please.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks