Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2011, 10:34   #91
BHPian

Re: My 89 BHP Ford Figo!

Came back to the race chip again and I notice that the main difference is that you do not have to raise the engine rpm so much with the race chip at the same speeds to keep the momentum.

Without the racechip my gear shifts were atleast at 200-300rpm higher
this should also translate into better fuel economy.

Also the figo feels more relaxed at 80 and 100kmph with the race chip

@ghodlur It is true that once after the service the Figo feels like its super smooth but that feel wears down after a few weeks and you realize that only after the next service .
Old 11th October 2011, 16:11   #92
BANNED

first of all let me congrats you for race chip laden figo.
not too sure but may this this behaviour is because already some fuel was stored in the Common Rail @ higher pressure (because of the race chip), now once you drove for some distance this stock is replaced by fuel stored @ comparativeley less pressure. just a guess!!
Old 11th October 2011, 20:42   #93
Senior - BHPian

@figo_mba, want more fun, play around with the adjusters inside the box. The rocket you have been missing will be available. There is a dial inside the box that you can move in steps - there are 16 steps. At the highest possible setting, the kick you get is amazing. I have been running the chip in my Verna for long now.
Just write to the e-mail id on their website for details how to adjust this. They are very proactive. Let us know the results.
And, drive safe.
Old 11th October 2011, 21:18   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinu2506 View Post
@figo_mba, want more fun, play around with the adjusters inside the box. The rocket you have been missing will be available. There is a dial inside the box that you can move in steps - there are 16 steps. At the highest possible setting, the kick you get is amazing. I have been running the chip in my Verna for long now.
Just write to the e-mail id on their website for details how to adjust this. They are very proactive. Let us know the results.
And, drive safe.
the setting that you have mentioned are given in the manual that the race chip guys have given with the product. Good to know that you have been using it for a while and your experience with the settings gives me confidence to change the setting to the higher one. Want to experience the so called "ROCKET" effect.
Old 26th October 2011, 12:48   #95
BHPian

3000Kms post race chip and still going strong.

The mileage is a consistent 19+ in city probably because of lesser gearshifts.

Mileage on highways are 21+ probably due to speeding.

Feels great to overtake the Vistas, Puntos and Swifts on the road.

Interesting thing happened the other day on the highway.

I come up behind the Swift at 100kmph, he slows me down (for just a instant) and then clears the overtake side of the road for me.
After this since he is in no mood to give up, and starts accelerating when I am in the process of overtaking. So it looks like we both are going parallel.
I just push on my pedal and ZOOM!!
With in count of 3 i was doing 120kmph and swift was in my mirror.
I enjoyed it thoroughly. I went on to touch 150kmph for a brief period.

Later I just let him overtake me since otherwise it would start off a road race which i did not want.

He must have been wondering how my figo could be faster than him.
figo_mba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2011, 13:49   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

He he... The guy would really have been taken to bits.

Your FE figures are really exemplary. I was pre empting that your FE figures may drop down
Old 26th October 2011, 14:48   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
He he... The guy would really have been taken to bits.

Your FE figures are really exemplary. I was pre empting that your FE figures may drop down
No dany. I think the fuel efficiency is almost the same as it used to be. Infact I would not have minded even if it had dropped by say 1-2kmpl cos the fun you get when you drive is far more than that.
Old 26th October 2011, 21:50   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_mba View Post
No dany. I think the fuel efficiency is almost the same as it used to be. Infact I would not have minded even if it had dropped by say 1-2kmpl cos the fun you get when you drive is far more than that.
Are you still on the stock setting (B1) or have you changed it? I did not feel a great difference in power in the stock setting so moved it to the next one (D1). Need to see the mileage now.
Old 26th October 2011, 23:22   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
Are you still on the stock setting (B1) or have you changed it? I did not feel a great difference in power in the stock setting so moved it to the next one (D1). Need to see the mileage now.
No I have not changed the settings. Can you post how to get to the dials ? I want to take the next step.
Old 27th October 2011, 10:12   #100
BHPian

Quote:
No I have not changed the settings. Can you post how to get to the dials ? I want to take the next step.
This is easy. You need to open the box by removing 2 screws that are on the opposite side of the connector. Once you open it, you can see 2 dials one of which is pointing to B and the other to 1. Change the one pointing to B to D. This is the recommended next level as per the racechip documentation sent with the chip. Once you change the setting, just fit the rubber seal and screws securely without overtightening them. Thats it!
Old 31st October 2011, 01:14   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep

This is easy. You need to open the box by removing 2 screws that are on the opposite side of the connector. Once you open it, you can see 2 dials one of which is pointing to B and the other to 1. Change the one pointing to B to D. This is the recommended next level as per the racechip documentation sent with the chip. Once you change the setting, just fit the rubber seal and screws securely without overtightening them. Thats it!
Did the changes today finally. Noticeable change again in the driveability front. Car now pulls smoothly from 40 kmph in 5th gear to 100 kmph in around 10 seconds.
Old 13th December 2011, 12:14   #102
BHPian

I found that the mileage in the city has consistently been near 19kmpl. I am very happy that the mileage is not gone down at all. The reason I attribute this to is the gearing. Now I am able to cruise in 3ed gear most of the time where as I used to juggle between 1-2 previously. This change I think translates into the better fuel economy.
Old 13th December 2011, 12:28   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I found that the mileage in the city has consistently been near 19kmpl. I am very happy that the mileage is not gone down at all. The reason I attribute this to is the gearing. Now I am able to cruise in 3ed gear most of the time where as I used to juggle between 1-2 previously. This change I think translates into the better fuel economy.
Thanks for the update.

Off topic: Thank you for your support in installing the same for my friend. His initial feedback is very good and his Figo behaves like his old Verna CRDI
Old 13th December 2011, 22:37   #104
Senior - BHPian

Completely missed out this thread. Great going. ENJAY!

Would love to take a test drive the next time i am in cochin. Can you PM me your number?
Old 14th December 2011, 10:58   #105
BHPian

Gemi, Please do post your experience and your comments after the TD. I am sure it will a great addition to our knowledge, I am waiting eagerly for the same.

Figo_MBA also has described in detail about the upgrade, thanks for that. My figo is just 4 months old and I plan this upgrade after a year to minimize risk of warranty.

Most Viewed