Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2012, 04:53   #121

Re: My 89 BHP Ford Figo!

Hi

Can you guys tell me what settings you are using on the Race Chip?

Thanks
Old 19th November 2012, 11:41   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nusser1 View Post
Hi

Can you guys tell me what settings you are using on the Race Chip?

Thanks
Nusser1 - I am still using the same setting as the Racechip came with. I have already finished about 20k kms on the Racechip. Plan to change the settings only after another 10-15k kms.
Old 19th November 2012, 14:41   #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail.jaiswal View Post
Nusser1 - I am still using the same setting as the Racechip came with. I have already finished about 20k kms on the Racechip. Plan to change the settings only after another 10-15k kms.
But do you feel any difference?

I feel a slight burst but nothing earth shattering Am i expecting too much?
Old 19th November 2012, 16:36   #124
BHPian

Quote:
But do you feel any difference?

I feel a slight burst but nothing earth shattering Am i expecting too much?
I guess so. If you read the articles in team-Bhp and outside, you will notice that no one says its earth shattering. Its a simple device which IMO increases the torque considerably as well as drivability. There is no straight line acceleration (drastic) like a racing car. Its a device which helps you change gears less, gives more power on inclines, etc.

Depends on what your expectations are when you bought the RaceChip.

Last edited by mail.jaiswal : 19th November 2012 at 16:37.
Old 19th November 2012, 17:22   #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail.jaiswal View Post
I guess so.
======
Depends on what your expectations are when you bought the RaceChip.
Thank you

I was hoping for a significant increase in acceleration I guess

But your right it does push its way forward more now Esp on hills.
Old 20th November 2012, 12:41   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you

I was hoping for a significant increase in acceleration I guess

But your right it does push its way forward more now Esp on hills.
my recommendation is you drive it for a while and then drive a couple of weeks without it. You will definately notice the difference then. Also, after a thousand kilometers you can try experimenting with the settings in the Racechip for more acceleration. however, i'd advise you to first use it normally on stock and then change the settings later.
Old 13th February 2013, 20:33   #127
BHPian

seems something good is there for the Figo too... though FORD as usual would totally disagree as far as the warranty is concerned but anyhow good experience after a simple experiment is not at all deniable... is there any stalling issue you faced before or after the installation?
Old 15th February 2013, 02:20   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reveal_da_zeal View Post
seems something good is there for the Figo too... though FORD as usual would totally disagree as far as the warranty is concerned but anyhow good experience after a simple experiment is not at all deniable... is there any stalling issue you faced before or after the installation?
Nope the stalling issue was resolved with a PCM update from Ford. Simple experiment makes the drive effortless. Got it done around 35K kms and I have not faced the stalling issue till date. My figo is at 60 K kms.
Old 20th May 2013, 18:08   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_mba View Post
Nope the stalling issue was resolved with a PCM update from Ford. Simple experiment makes the drive effortless. Got it done around 35K kms and I have not faced the stalling issue till date. My figo is at 60 K kms.
Hi figo_mba, I have a 5500 Km run new Figo TDCi which I bought in Jan. I have been thinking of getting the Race Chip installed to just pep up things. And after reading through this thread completely, I cant wait any further to get this done.

My BIL is returning from Europe in July and I was thinking of which variant to buy. There are three options in Race Chip now for the Figo 1.4 TDCi engine. Though the output is quite similar, the cost of the variants vary drastically.

I'm putting up an image from he Race chip site below.
My 89 BHP Ford Figo!-race-chip.jpg

I was thinking of the Pro2 & the Ultimate variants. The Ultimate variant has almost identical figures to the Pro2, but costing a hell a lot more. Which one would you recommend?

Also by the time I get this chip, mine would have completed atleast 7500 kms or more. Is it a right time for me to chip my Figo?

Last edited by swami.n : 20th May 2013 at 18:15.
Old 20th May 2013, 18:20   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami.n View Post
Hi figo_mba, I have a 5500 Km run new Figo TDCi which I bought in Jan. I have been thinking of getting the Race Chip installed to just pep up things. And after reading through this thread completely, I cant wait any further to get this done.

My BIL is returning from Europe in July and I was thinking of which variant to buy. There are three options in Race Chip now for the Figo 1.4 TDCi engine. Though the output is quite similar, the cost of the variants vary drastically.

I'm putting up an image from he Race chip site below.
Attachment 1085885

I was thinking of the Pro2 & the Ultimate variants. The Ultimate variant has almost identical figures to the Pro2, but costing a hell a lot more. Which one would you recommend?

Also by the time I get this chip, mine would have completed atleast 7500 kms or more. Is it a right time for me to chip my Figo?

I would suggest Pro2, since i brought Pro2 from Europe for my safari and i believe it would be enough.

But again mind plays games over heart.
SPEEDY_RACER is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2013, 22:53   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDY_RACER View Post
I would suggest Pro2, since i brought Pro2 from Europe for my safari and i believe it would be enough.

But again mind plays games over heart.
I am more or less sure with the Pro2, as it is the most VFM. But the thing that is confusing me is the processor core size & the price difference. There has to be something unique or special in the Ultimate, for it to be so expensive than the Pro2. If there is nothing substantially unique, then the Ultimate doesn't make much sense at all.
Old 21st May 2013, 11:32   #132
BHPian

Quote:
I bought the basic version and the difference between that and Pro2 is was 100 Euros and the difference in bhp was 3bhp. I felt that was not economical considering that you are paying 129 Euros for 69-89bhp jump.
Ultimate was not available at that time.

Quote:
I had installed my race chip when the car was less than a year old. It had covered 33000kms or so then. It is 66000 kms now. So i dont think the number of kilometers would be an issue.

Quote:
I am more or less sure with the Pro2, as it is the most VFM. But the thing that is confusing me is the processor core size & the price difference. There has to be something unique or special in the Ultimate, for it to be so expensive than the Pro2. If there is nothing substantially unique, then the Ultimate doesn't make much sense at all.
I did not go by the marketing on their website which said processor and million calculations etc.
Hardcore bhp made the basic version look VFM to me.
More bhp does not hurt in any case.
figo_mba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2013, 12:27   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_mba View Post

I did not go by the marketing on their website which said processor and million calculations etc.
Hardcore bhp made the basic version look VFM to me.
More bhp does not hurt in any case.
Thanks figo_mba and you are right. What we get on road is more important than what is on paper.

I'm not inclined towards the pro2 for the extra 3bhp. But the base version is of aluminium housing and the pro 2 is mentioned as glass re inforced plastic with heat and water resistance.

I'm not sure of how much advantage it has, but when we sometimes get the engine bay cleaned with water, I thought this water resistance would be much needed.

Have you faced a similar situation?

Last edited by swami.n : 27th May 2013 at 12:35.
Old 27th May 2013, 14:05   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks figo_mba and you are right. What we get on road is more important than what is on paper.

I'm not inclined towards the pro2 for the extra 3bhp. But the base version is of aluminium housing and the pro 2 is mentioned as glass re inforced plastic with heat and water resistance.

I'm not sure of how much advantage it has, but when we sometimes get the engine bay cleaned with water, I thought this water resistance would be much needed.

Have you faced a similar situation?
I have the aluminium casing on my Race chip, but even that has rubber seals that keep water and moisture away.

Since this is the engine compartment, Aluminium casing heats up quicker and if there is any moisture it clears soon enough.

I think it modern vehicles it is a norm to cover the ECU before cleaning the engine bay. For older vehicles the distributor was covered before a wash of the engine bay.
I make it a point to not open the engine bay for water wash since this can interfere with any exposed electrical wiring and cause issues.
figo_mba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2013, 18:27   #135
Distinguished - BHPian

Did you have any problems with the Ford A.S.S when you took your car for servicing? Or did you remove it prior servicing trips as you had told me the last time we met?

I was also told that the linings would take a beating in the long run. Have you experienced anything noticeable?

Most Viewed