Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2013, 00:43   #136
BHPian

Re: My 89 BHP Ford Figo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
Did you have any problems with the Ford A.S.S when you took your car for servicing? Or did you remove it prior servicing trips as you had told me the last time we met?

I was also told that the linings would take a beating in the long run. Have you experienced anything noticeable?
The guys know it and they have not made a note of it till now. i don't bother to remove it. The case is different if I have a warranty claim to make.

The potential area of concern would not be the lining but the fuel rail itself since the rail pressure is maintained at higher levels.
However there are no noticeable issues till now.
Racechip has been on my figo for like 35K kms now.
figo_mba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2013, 16:33   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_mba View Post
Racechip has been on my figo for like 35K kms now.
Now that is pretty encouraging for future buyers like me. This pretty much shows the Figo is built to handle way beyond its current capabilities. Ford has just played safe to ensure it as an economical workhorse, than a performance car.
Old 28th May 2013, 22:30   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami.n View Post
Now that is pretty encouraging for future buyers like me. This pretty much shows the Figo is built to handle way beyond its current capabilities. Ford has just played safe to ensure it as an economical workhorse, than a performance car.
From what I know it is not just Ford, all the manufacturers keep their capabilities with in design parameters. For safety reasons and also for financial reasons.

The Figo we drive now is based on IV gen Fiesta in Europe and the TDCi engine has variants that are capable of producing 125+bhp (like the double of that in India).

If Figo had a larger engine bay (and we deeper pockets), we could have fitted an intercooler, better air filter, exhaust etc.
Old 20th July 2013, 23:26   #139

I am situated in Bangalore and have been considering the racechip ever since i got my Figo a year ago. Was just waiting for it to clock 10K Kms which happened last month. Can someone with local knowledge help me out in sourcing a race chip and also installation. Thanks in advance
Old 22nd July 2013, 12:39   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo90 View Post
I am situated in Bangalore and have been considering the racechip ever since i got my Figo a year ago. Was just waiting for it to clock 10K Kms which happened last month. Can someone with local knowledge help me out in sourcing a race chip and also installation. Thanks in advance
Hi figo90, the most economical way to get the race chip is to buy it through the race chip site directly through someone who might be returning from europe. They ship it for free across europe(Thats how I got mine).

Installing it is pretty simple task. Hardly takes 10 to 15 mins. Any car mechanic who knows where the blue plug on the common rail sensor is in the TDCi engines, can fix it easily. I got mine fixed at TheTorque in chennai. I got it installed even before mine hit 7000kms. There is also a youtube video that illustrates the installation.

Do take a look at my thread here and see if it helps.

Last edited by swami.n : 22nd July 2013 at 12:42.
Old 22nd July 2013, 18:54   #141

Quote:
Hi. Its pretty simple to instal. You ca DIY. I have been using RC from the past 10 months and am pretty satisfied with the chip. I Am based in Bangalore and if you want to try how the performance of RC is you can test my car. Let me know where you are put up in bangalore so that you can test it.
bikerboyz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2013, 19:29   #142

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerboyz View Post

Hi. Its pretty simple to instal. You ca DIY. I have been using RC from the past 10 months and am pretty satisfied with the chip.
Yes I have been following RC and other tuning chips for a year. Seen the video and kinda know how to install. Just being extra cautious.
Old 24th July 2013, 11:10   #143
BHPian

Hi figo_mba. First of all congrats on the super upgrade. I've been living with the figo since Aug-2011 and clocked about 35K kms. I would seriously love to add a chip to my car too. But I am worried about my warranty. Sadly I opted for the 4 years extended warranty package. The Service provider in my town writes down everything that's non OE from my Pvc mat,horn,etc etc.

Should I wait for the warranty period to get over or just go ahead with the chip. Also on viewing the Race chip website,I found that they have similar products for all car and makes. (Race Chip Pro2 for Figo and Laura). Will the chip I buy for Figo suit Skoda Laura or the vise verse. I know it sounds a little greedy but yeah, just trying to save on the wallet. I am guessing, tho the hardware is the same for both the cars but their state of tune would be different. What I would like to know, is there a possible way to get the Figo's chip re-programed locally at a minimal cost making it suitable for the Laura at a later period of time.
Old 28th July 2013, 18:56   #144

Quote:
Originally Posted by kar.carthik View Post
Hi figo_mba. First of all congrats on the super upgrade. I've been living with the figo since Aug-2011 and clocked about 35K kms. I would seriously love to add a chip to my car too. But I am worried about my warranty. Sadly I opted for the 4 years extended warranty package. The Service provider in my town writes down everything that's non OE from my Pvc mat,horn,etc etc.
My friend has this chip installed. All he does is take it off before handing the car in for service. Take it off and the service rep. wont notice anything different about your car. Let me know if you have means of getting the chip from Germany as i am looking to get one. PM me on that
figo90 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2013, 18:32   #145
BHPian

Quote:
My friend has this chip installed. All he does is take it off before handing the car in for service. Take it off and the service rep. wont notice anything different about your car. Let me know if you have means of getting the chip from Germany as i am looking to get one. PM me on that
That should be fine once I learn how to remove and re-install the chip myself.
I have a source in Italy and Poland who travel down often. Planning to ask one of them. If you can suggest on how to buy and how to hand it over the sources, it would be easier.
Old 29th July 2013, 22:22   #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by kar.carthik View Post
That should be fine once I learn how to remove and re-install the chip myself.
I have a source in Italy and Poland who travel down often. Planning to ask one of them. If you can suggest on how to buy and how to hand it over the sources, it would be easier.
That's great. All you need to do is visit the RaceChip website and order it online. Provide shipping address of your local contact in Europe. They ship free of charge almost all over Europe. Then when they travel down to India they can bring it with them. If you are able to bring one down for me as well please do let me know. Hope this info helps.
Old 31st July 2013, 13:40   #147
BHPian

Sure. It shouldn't be a problem to get one for you too. I just hope that there wouldn't be any trouble from the customs at the airport. Will pm you the details soon.
kar.carthik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2013, 23:17   #148

Quote:
That's great. All you need to do is visit the RaceChip website and order it online. Provide shipping address of your local contact in Europe. They ship free of charge almost all over Europe. Then when they travel down to India they can bring it with them. If you are able to bring one down for me as well please do let me know. Hope this info helps.
Hi figo90. I have been using racechip for a while now. I am selling the chip. I read in your post that you are looking for one. Please let me know if you need it as I am selling mine.
@Mods: Could not PM him to ask whether he will be interested in buying my race chip.
Old 6th August 2013, 11:44   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by human_wheels View Post
I have this chip installed in my Dzire for a good number of months
Just stumbled across this thread and your post human_wheels, have bought a dzire myself last week and was thinking of an upgrade option. Thanks for this post and your experience in plugging it to the Dzire would be of great help. i too plan to get a chip installed after hitting 10k, but all options i heard started at 30k upwards, didn't know if anything existed below that mark and even after counting the duties it's a steal.

a relative of mine too got a chip installed in his swift 2012 model locally for 30k but i am not sure which make, will now check on it. He claims a definite power increase and seems pretty satisfied with the overall power delivery and reliability. and doesn't bother to remove it while giving the car for servicing as the mechanics haven't discovered this device lurking in the engine bay.

Last edited by mavrikm5 : 6th August 2013 at 11:47. Reason: line edit
mavrikm5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2013, 22:19   #150
BHPian

Hi Mavrikm5,

My Dzire has clocked 52k and around 42k with the chip. Absolutely no issues till date.
I am happy with the performance so far.

There's another chip costing about 20k from Race Dynamics.
You can read a T-Bhp member's review in this thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2989050

Race chip is the cheapest option so far that I have come across. I haven't driven any chipped vehicle from other brands. So I am not in a position to give any comparison report.

Happy motoring with your new Dzire.

Last edited by human_wheels : 6th August 2013 at 22:36.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks