Team-BHP - :: Proposed Mod's for My Santro :: Suggestions/Critique
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   :: Proposed Mod's for My Santro :: Suggestions/Critique (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/10876-proposed-mods-my-santro-suggestions-critique.html)

Hi Folks,

Its been around a month since I discovered the forum and well Im addicted. Heheh.
Im posting this thread to list what im planning and hear your valuable opinions.

And before the jokes about Turbo in the trunk start let me say
Im well aware that a Santro isnt a very mod friendly car... I owned a zen earlier!!!

Anyway that being said... lets get down to business.

I will shortly complete 50,000 kms after which a major service is due.
I plan on installing a universal conical air-filter,
and have contacted PJSpeed from our forum as I hear he stocks R-active filters.

Im interested about going in for a free flow exhaust setup but I will decide based on the
cost factor and also answers to my questions below. (I read on the other santro mod thread
that the complete setup comes to around 10k) My car will definately be sold within
6 months (if not earlier) so unsure as to whether I should invest much on the car.

My questions :

* At the time of selling my car besides the Air-filter, how much of the freeflow
setup can be salvaged and maybe used on another vehicle ? Alternately will there be
some sort of a resale value?

* If i dont got for the entire free-flow (no headers), whats an estimate for replacing muffler/silencer tip
(automech or anything else)

* Bangalore baba's, who do you recommend for a good job?
I know psycho & Dom will be the names that get thrown up!!!
guess now that Im on this forum they will be approachable :)

Thanks in advance to everybody and a special shout out to Godfather & Nitrous
for dealing with my questions and also providing imputs.

Regards,
Ani.

p.s : Like I mentioned I need a month or so before I give the car for service and then
I will start work so meantime hopefully I can meet some of the local team-bhpians and
also have a chat regarding my queries ;]

Dude, if you're modding a Santro, please upgrade your rubber first and see what you can do to eliminate body roll - strut bars etc. After that you can work on getting more power out of it.

Power without control is useless and dangerous.

Hi Dude

I have already installed Free Flow Exhaust in my Santro.
As soon as u setup Free Flow u will surely feel the difference.
Also the need of Air Filter is there, but i have heard from people for a change in Spark Plug Also.

Also before u do any mods in ur ride go for a fuel injection cleaning process. Also whn u install the Free Flow u can keep ur STOCK exhaust system which u can reinstall while selling if the buyer is not interested in Free Flow.

Dont knw whether Santro's Free Flow wud b helpfull in any other car.
Let the Team-BHP gurus reply that.

Thanx
Enjoy Revving.

hey dude as u say you are going to sell yyour car in 6months i would suggest only changing the sparks to iridium and changing the filter go in for the standard k&n filter not conical coz ifyou do change the other stuff you will get bad resale value!and worse even after the budget small cars have become cheaper so unless the buyer likes modified cars(most dont like) then only can you go ahead!go in for simple cheaper mods!!happy revvin!

Hey buddy,
The exhaust pipes, right from the manifold upto the exhaust tip, are model specific. If you get a free flow exhaust installed in your Santro and decide to keep the pipes at the time of sale of the car, you wont be able to fit the whole thing in the new car that you opt for, except probably the tail tip and the sports muffler.
I had done a free flow exhaust in my Indica. I used the car for 3 years with the sports exhaust and then changed my car to the NHC. This happened about a year back. The free flow pipes of the Indica are still with me!
So if you are going to sell off your car some time soon, I dont think it would be wise to install a full free flow system. What you can do is, change one of the stock mufflers (the one at the back end) to a free flow, it will give you a marginal improvment in pickup (nothing to boast about though) but will surely improve the exhaust sound. I have a similar thing done on the NHC. Couldnt do the whole thing, right from the manifold, coz of some technical problems with the stock setup.
AP

Dude,

Wud like to know where do we get iridium Spark Plugs And also K & N Filter how much wud it cost in local market for a Santro.

And How much performance difference will i get.

I had gone 2 a site (www.carpowergrid.com) where they sell K&N Replacement Filter for Santro for Rs. 3790/-

Is this the one u talking abt. Reply

Thanx

Thanks to everybody who replied, BoomShiva, rareone, hot_rod & apurvapatel :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boom Shiva
Dude, if you're modding a Santro, please upgrade your rubber first and see what you can do to eliminate body roll - strut bars etc. After that you can work on getting more power out of it.
Power without control is useless and dangerous.

I agree with you 100%, santro needs to be made more stable, BUT the thing is upgrading rubber at this point when I Plan to sell the car in 4 - 6 months really isnt feasible as it is a considerable investment.

Any idea how much the struts etc would cost? Automech has strut braces listed on thier website but no prices.

Also as indicated in my post Im not going in for any major mods. Just an airfilter and maybe replace the stock muffler... I dont think it will add any real power to the car ;]

Quote:

Originally Posted by apurvapatel
Hey buddy,
The exhaust pipes, right from the manifold upto the exhaust tip, are model specific. If you get a free flow exhaust installed in your Santro and decide to keep the pipes at the time of sale of the car, you wont be able to fit the whole thing in the new car that you opt for, except probably the tail tip and the sports muffler.

Thats what I thought all along. Thanks for clearing that up for me!

Quote:

So if you are going to sell off your car some time soon, I dont think it would be wise to install a full free flow system.
Yep, really not worth the money and as Boom_shiva pointed out there is no use adding power without first fulfilling basic safety requirements.

Quote:

What you can do is, change one of the stock mufflers (the one at the back end) to a free flow, it will give you a marginal improvment in pickup (nothing to boast about though) but will surely improve the exhaust sound. AP
This is what I expect really, not much of a power increase but a subtle vroom-vroom and enhanced driving pleasure.
I mostly drive in bumper to bumper traffic so.............. !!

At Automech the Strut Braces for Santro are approx - Rs. 1000/- to 1200/-

And they have in ready stock.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rareone
At Automech the Strut Braces for Santro are approx - Rs. 1000/- to 1200/- And they have in ready stock.

Hey man, appreciate your prompt response :)
I inquired with my local automech dealer and its notyet availible here.
My dads in mumbai at the moment so if he's free maybe he can bring
back some parts for me.

Another question, any estimates regarding the price for a stainless steel, sports muffler (rear)?
Automech or any other...

Thanks.

Dude

Sports Muffler at Automech is around Rs. 3500/-
A Stainless Steel wud be a bit more than the normal say around Rs. 6000/- (only rear).

Rates are for Santro.

Hmmm, pretty steep. Thanks again rareone!

Quote:

Originally Posted by rareone
Dude

Sports Muffler at Automech is around Rs. 3500/-
A Stainless Steel wud be a bit more than the normal say around Rs. 6000/- (only rear).

Rates are for Santro.

and teh whole kit is for 9.5k?

how does it sound and wht abt performance figures?

whts your iCE?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas
and teh whole kit is for 9.5k?
how does it sound and wht abt performance figures?
whts your iCE?

Ok now im a little confused. :Frustrati

By whole kit do you mean *headers, *auxillary muffler, *chamber, *pipes and *exhaust ?
If thats only 9.5k then the stainless steel piece im talking about should be cheaper??? Hhehe, im really sorry for dragging this thread on like this

My ice is limited at the moment but very shorlty im upgrading.

Right now :

pioneer HU
pioneer ts20 tweeters,
sony xplode 502 amp,
pioneer ts6981 (6" x 9")

Upgrading to
Alpine HU (model undecided)
Boston compo's (front)
Alpine 4 ch amp
Boston co-axials (rear)
Subwoofer (model undecided)

Yup the whole thing. Check the site. I mailed them but I forgot to ask teh price:(