Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2011, 23:05   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Thar to THOR

from the looks of that thing, it belongs to the W & W thread.

waste of money and effort!

how can people do such a thing?
Parm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2011, 23:53   #17
BHPian

No offence, But that Im surprised to see someone has done that to a Thar.
Looks Ugly. Lot of money down the drain i guess. But love the kit on the vehicle, Those seats, LEDs, and the alloys.

Last edited by cadaver_prad : 17th October 2011 at 23:54.
Old 18th October 2011, 00:18   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORQUED
...The project started off as just a normal bolt on 4x4 parts...

TORQUED
As far as I know there's no "bolt on" 4x4 parts. Having said that, on a serious note though, this one is a stunner on the portico. You can leave it there and revel on the looks!!

Another best possible use I can think of is to park in front of the garage and bait the 'wannabe' kids with loads of money and a dream of owning "desert storm" from TV and video games experience. Might be a real churner and occupy more porticos in no time!!

Good luck!!
Old 18th October 2011, 08:33   #19
BHPian

Normallly i avoid commenting on other peoples projects cos each to hos own BUT sorry to say this THING really is a waste of effort time and a perfectly normal jeep i feel sorry for her.
By the way what prompted the use of 4 racing seats in the back they look hedious. that THAR has been TARRED.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please use the "edit" button if posting within 30 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 18th October 2011 at 14:33.
Old 18th October 2011, 09:44   #20
BHPian

This is the last place for posting pictures of something as weird as that Thar. I can't for the life of me guess why someone would make the Thar as wide as this. Was it just to increase the leg space in the back? Must have played havoc with the vehicle's dynamics.

Sorry to say this, but you're not going to find any admirers for your creation here. The paint finish looks brilliant though. No offense.
Old 18th October 2011, 10:49   #21
BHPian

oh,not another one,a beautiful vehicle turned to a monster,to be frank looks like the 540 met with an accident with hulk and became this. for a moment i thought those seat where being transported to some multiplex.sigh.....anyway the only positive thing i can mention is the paint job.
Old 18th October 2011, 10:49   #22
Senior - BHPian

I, like others on this forum, am absolutely stunned. :-(
Extremely sad, that a vehicle as beautiful as the Thar, has been ruined so.

All that the Thar ever needs, in terms of mods, are a Rollcage, a Semi Hard Top, an AC and better Tyres. Everything else, left in Stock form, works.
Why, why, why?

The high point of this Mod is the Paint Job, though not the choice of Colours.

I'm sorry, if my comments hurt. It is just my personal opinion, and wanted to be candid.

P.S. Is this executed by Torque-Studios, Gurgaon?

Last edited by roy_libran : 18th October 2011 at 10:52. Reason: Addition
roy_libran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2011, 15:49   #23
BHPian

Highly amused by all the comments here, loved the bashing and critique..made my day

I would also like to ask people why, is it that everyone here has pre conceived ideas about how a 4x4 should look, everyone is entitled to opinions design is a very personal option, I could lower down my 4x4 just 4" off the ground if i wanted....who is to say its not suppose to be that way?

Here is the synapses of the ride.

1. The point was to make the car more creature friendly, THAR sadly is a horrible attempt by Mahindra, we wanted the car to provide comfort and luxury (yes, jeeps can do that).

2. There are no OTR issues with bumper or the seats (the car has a beam structure at the back, on which the sooft top rests, and that is what provides safety while the jeep is in motion.

3. The space at the back is a lounge of sorts (added legroom), it has a table and the rear seats are recline-able (when parked of-course), so if you have the car parked over a hill (or lake or whatever) you can sit and enjoy a little RnR (there is also AC ducting for the rear).

4. Bench are damn uncomfortable, so the bucket seats are great in terms of that

5. The width increase at the back has in no way messed up the dynamics of the car as some people might think, the job was not done at any random place, its all properly calculated and professionally executed, hence proving an extra 6" precious leg space.

6. The Winch will most definitely never be used, its just an accessorie..none of us "USE" the spoilers that are on our cars.

7. The car is a "CONCEPT" build from TORQUE STUDIOS, we love what we did, there are a few issues for sure..but you do and you learn

Cheers to all you for the comments and thanks a lot..please be as honest and critical you can be..

TORQUED
TORQUED is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th October 2011, 17:53   #24
Senior - BHPian

Highly amused by all the comments here, loved the bashing and critique..made my day

I would also like to ask people why, is it that everyone here has pre conceived ideas about how a 4x4 should look, everyone is entitled to opinions design is a very personal option, I could lower down my 4x4 just 4" off the ground if i wanted....who is to say its not suppose to be that way?

YOU CAN LOWER OR RAISE THE VEHICLE, THATS YOUR CHOICE!

1. The point was to make the car more creature friendly, THAR sadly is a horrible attempt by Mahindra, we wanted the car to provide comfort and luxury (yes, jeeps can do that).

YOUR ATTEMPT IS HORENDOUS! M&M THAR IS VERY GOOD LOOKING!

2. There are no OTR issues with bumper or the seats (the car has a beam structure at the back, on which the sooft top rests, and that is what provides safety while the jeep is in motion.

THOSE REAR SEATS ARE NOT FOR OTRS....SAFETY IS AN ISSUE!

3. The space at the back is a lounge of sorts (added legroom), it has a table and the rear seats are recline-able (when parked of-course), so if you have the car parked over a hill (or lake or whatever) you can sit and enjoy a little RnR (there is also AC ducting for the rear).

LOUNGE ARE FOR LIMOS....NOT FOR A JEEP!

YEAH YEAH....

5. The width increase at the back has in no way messed up the dynamics of the car as some people might think, the job was not done at any random place, its all properly calculated and professionally executed, hence proving an extra 6" precious leg space.

6. The Winch will most definitely never be used, its just an accessorie..none of us "USE" the spoilers that are on our cars.

HOW DOES ONE "USES" A SPOILER?
7. The car is a "CONCEPT" build from TORQUE STUDIOS, we love what we did, there are a few issues for sure..but you do and you learn

OFCOURSE EVERY PARENT LOVES THEIR KIDS, SAME WAY YOU HAVE ALL THE RIGHT TO LOVE YOUR PRODUCT.
Cheers to all you for the comments and thanks a lot..please be as honest and critical you can be..

TRUST ME WE HAVE BEEN AS HONEST AND AS CRITICAL AS POSSIBLE!

one thing is sure, i could never be your customer.

i think fellow TBHP members deserve to see your vehicle in W&W thread.....

bythe way what was your inspiration for this offspring of Hulk and Thar?

Last edited by Parm : 18th October 2011 at 17:56.
Parm is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th October 2011, 18:29   #25
Senior - BHPian

Sir,
With all due respect, this does not look nice.

Fully understand its your vehicle, time and money. But you could have kept it neat and simple considering the amount of money that you have spent on it.

I am sure you have spent a lot of time, money and effort, but you wanted a honest reply and thats why I am posting.
beejay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2011, 19:44   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post

YOU CAN LOWER OR RAISE THE VEHICLE, THATS YOUR CHOICE!

exactly, so if i want to sit with reclined the seats and chill at the back on a rever bed...is that not a choice?

YOUR ATTEMPT IS HORENDOUS! M&M THAR IS VERY GOOD LOOKING!

I have did not say its a bad looking car, i said its an horrible attempt by mahindra, as it is quite uncomfortable for a car in its current price rang, and now that you have mentioned it, its a sad jeep wangler wana-be and the build quality is way below par.

THOSE REAR SEATS ARE NOT FOR OTRS....SAFETY IS AN ISSUE!

How does having a bench instead of bucket seats make it any safer?

LOUNGE ARE FOR LIMOS....NOT FOR A JEEP!

Says you, its not necessary....I can have a lounge feeling in an Accord if i wanted. Why is people stuck upon pre conceived parameters about these cars and design..??

YEAH YEAH....

calm down man...you sound angry??

HOW DOES ONE "USES" A SPOILER?

Spoilers were invented to add Downforce on a moving car, they are effective only at speeds of 120km/h or above...that what/how you use a spoiler for.

OFCOURSE EVERY PARENT LOVES THEIR KIDS, SAME WAY YOU HAVE ALL THE RIGHT TO LOVE YOUR PRODUCT.

Yes indeed and we do love this..

TRUST ME WE HAVE BEEN AS HONEST AND AS CRITICAL AS POSSIBLE!

one thing is sure, i could never be your customer.

i think fellow TBHP members deserve to see your vehicle in W&W thread.....

bythe way what was your inspiration for this offspring of Hulk and Thar?
Its great that you are critical, its what im expecting...The inspiration came from the DC universe of characters, not necessarily the hulk...but its a fusion of DC universe and THAR, its okie if you dont like it, I take no offense to that...put it in the W&W. Design is very subjective, some people might like a particular product some people hate it...its how it works.
TORQUED is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th October 2011, 20:53   #27
Senior - BHPian

I am foxed by the utility comparison between a winch & a spoiler. A winch is a "winch" it is useful for off-roading, whereas "most spoilers" here in India probably ruin the dynamics & do precious little else than fill the pockets of the "tooners" or installers..

It is appreciable that you are taking the criticism well, do take it positively & let it be a reference point for your future endeavours !!

Cheers
Ricky_63 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th October 2011, 21:23   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORQUED View Post
Its great that you are critical, its what im expecting...The inspiration came from the DC universe of characters, not necessarily the hulk...but its a fusion of DC universe and THAR, its okie if you dont like it, I take no offense to that...put it in the W&W. Design is very subjective, some people might like a particular product some people hate it...its how it works.

I would advice you to change your source of information (no offense meant to DC fans). There's this show aired on Discovery Turbo called "Trick My Truck" which I watch regularly. The jobs they do on trucks and pick-ups is truly awesome. Do take some cue from it. It will definitely help you and the guys at Torqued Studios a lot.

Appreciate you for the efforts you have put in.
Old 18th October 2011, 21:33   #29
Senior - BHPian

@TORQUED, I can understand your feelings; it was the same when I painted a carved wooden elephant in red color. I was studying at class VII or VIII then.

I still remember the expression of my parents.

BTW, although I am not a "Jeep thing" person, I strongly advise you to go through various posts of Mr. Behram sir and other Jeep-guys ASAP. It would help you to see the Thar in another angle. It is just like the Panda is learning Kung-fu in the movie Kung-fu Panda.

Peace.

Edit: Absolutely brilliant paint job! It must be appreciated.

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 18th October 2011 at 21:43.
sandeepmdas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th October 2011, 22:55   #30
BHPian

TORQUED, I understand - it's your car, your money. But it seems to me that the primary purpose of this vehicle is not off-roading - or to be precise, not serious off-roading. (prime duty = wild partying, i.e., partying at wild?!)

If so, why waste a new Thar? I'm sure that would be the question for most people here.

That said, it's your car, your money!! Keep it up!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks