Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2010, 14:45   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdeal View Post
GM India did a good job with the pricing of the car but in my opinion they really went about cost cutting for this car in a rather shoddy manner.

Based on my somewhat extensive test drive, I've compiled a list of things that I would like to change when I buy the car myself. Suggestions on procuring the parts are not only welcome but are required in this case

1) One Touch Power Window switches
It is absolutely ridiculous that none of the power windows have one touch switches. I mean, come on, what could GM really have saved there? A thousand rupees? I would definitely want to get those replaced for sure.

All of the power buttons are one touch buttons only. Including all on driver side and individual ones as well. I guess this might not be true in 2009 model. I have the 2010 with indicators on rear view mirrors.

2) Auto Window Roll-up
Granted that this might not be a most wanted feature, but it would be nice to have this in place with the key less entry. Is there any way to have this added on without comprimising or having to give up on the Cruze Keyless Entry system?

I would like to get this done too, will keep you posted.

3) Smart Screeen
The old Black and White, blue-backlit screen doesn't read cool anymore the way it used to. I like the 7" TFT that is standard with the Left hand drive Cruze. I've seen a few listings on the internet that completely replace the entire Entertainment Console. Is there anyway to just replace the screen part of it? I assume again that DVD movie playback will be a problem considering that the version available here only sports a run of the mil CD / MP3 player.

Center Entertainment Console (7" TFT)

Nothing original available right now, wait for original parts on ebay, right now only chinese cheap counterparts.

4) Interiors
Everyone here has seen the Black and Blue 2 tone interiors for the dash and the seats available in the international models. Is there any way to get the stock panels provided here replaced with the international color scheme?
You can get this done at any decent car mod shop ...
Old 3rd April 2010, 11:21   #17
BHPian

Does anyone over here have done any mods to cruze. I am mainly interested in boot lip spoiler, projector + HID and OEM Headunit upgrade.

I tried looking for these accessories in market but couldn't find anything for cruze.
Old 8th June 2010, 09:09   #18
BHPian

Mods for Chevy Cruze

Hi,

In the current scenario of stringent warranty norms... adding modifications to new cars and staying inside the warranty norms is a difficult task. We need to be extra careful while trying to get any modifications in place.

A few modifications which i feel the Cruze really deserves are,

1) Tyre Change,the OEM tyres (JK Vectras) are something which everyone complaints about. i would say Michelin 205 60 R16 is a good change. But seems to be expensive, any suggestions?

2) Headlamps, OEM headlamps are not very effective. Can someone tell me how much does a Xenon replacement cost?

3) Alloys: Many owners do change the alloys. I feel GM has provided decent set of alloys as OEM

4)The Music system doesn't have a USB in: Can we have some convertor or connector which can enable us to have a usb input get converted to the Aux in? I might be stupid in asking this...

Any other mods which anyone can think about? Please do give your suggestions

Last edited by Jaggu : 8th June 2010 at 10:31. Reason: Please use Search and continue in an existing thread, Thanks
Old 8th June 2010, 18:04   #19
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharathnair View Post
1) Tyre Change,the OEM tyres (JK Vectras) are something which everyone complaints about. i would say Michelin 205 60 R16 is a good change. But seems to be expensive, any suggestions?
Shame on GM for choosing JKs as the OEM brand. The tyres simply cannot cope with the Cruze' power. A tyre upgrade is mandatory, and ideally done right after delivery (to get the best exchange price)

Quote:
2) Headlamps, OEM headlamps are not very effective. Can someone tell me how much does a Xenon replacement cost?
Don't bother with xenons. Get a simple bulb upgrade. Please search through the forum for advice on this.

Quote:
The Music system doesn't have a USB in: Can we have some convertor or connector which can enable us to have a usb input get converted to the Aux in? I might be stupid in asking this...
The Cruze is probably the only million rupee car in India that doesn't have a USB port. Unfortunately, if you want to retain the OEM HU, there's nothing you can do. Probably best to use the AUX jack?
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2010, 20:11   #20
BHPian

Thank you GTO... for the suggestions....!!!!

Quote:
Shame on GM for choosing JKs as the OEM brand. The tyres simply cannot cope with the Cruze' power. A tyre upgrade is mandatory, and ideally done right after delivery (to get the best exchange price)
I have heard about a couple of options.. like Michelin, Continental,,etc... wich one would you suggest...??

Will having the OEM tires Nitrogen filled help in any way?

Quote:
The Cruze is probably the only million rupee car in India that doesn't have a USB port. Unfortunately, if you want to retain the OEM HU, there's nothing you can do. Probably best to use the AUX jack?
Yeah, even i thought the same.. as we get a lot of MP3 players which can be connected to Aux.
Old 8th June 2010, 23:10   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharathnair View Post
Thank you GTO... for the suggestions....!!!!

I have heard about a couple of options.. like Michelin, Continental,,etc... wich one would you suggest...??

Will having the OEM tires Nitrogen filled help in any way?
Michelin, Yokohama, Continental etc. are good tyres. I would suggest you put up this query in Tyres and Alloy Wheels Section for a great brainstorming session.

Nitrogen won't help in improving grip and performance.
Old 9th June 2010, 12:29   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
Is there anyone here who can import these parts for us Cruze owners or prospective owners. The importer can make a killing.

SupeRich Motors | Car Accessories | SUV Accessories | Truck Accessories

SupeRich Motors | Car Accessories | SUV Accessories | Truck Accessories
Did you found anyone for such accessories. I stay in Delhi and am searching for loads of such stuff available in Delhi.
Old 9th June 2010, 12:40   #23
Senior - BHPian

I think the first thing people should do about is the sad suspension, the car handles badly, The body kits and the dual exhaust is very much doable.

Pramod
Old 9th June 2010, 21:42   #24
BHPian

Cruze accessories

Hey,

Is it really necessary to put sun film for cruze?? The tinted glass should do the job right?.

And Mud flaps are available as option, i was wondering why.. and suddenly i started noticing Audis and BMWs without the mud flaps... Somehow gives me a feeling that people prefer it without the mud flaps.. please advise...
Old 10th June 2010, 10:54   #25
BHPian

Autopsyche has recently modded a cruze, take a look

2010 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ

Performance: Digital Diesel Tuning Box, Green Storm CAI,
Custom Exhaust with Triple Tips
Exterior: Custom Rear Bumper & Boot Spoiler, Pearlascent White Stripe Paintjob
Wheels: 17x7.5 OZ Racing Superturismo WRC
...Tires: 225/50/17 Yokohama Advan Sport
Tints: VKool Diamond 40 Sides & Back,
Premium 70 Front

Chevy Cruze mods-1.jpg

Chevy Cruze mods-2.jpg

Chevy Cruze mods-3.jpg

Image courtesy: Autopsyche's public photo gallery !!

reg. no not faded out, as the image is already open for public view
Old 10th June 2010, 10:58   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick17s View Post
Autopsyche has recently modded a cruze, take a look

2010 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ

Performance: Digital Diesel Tuning Box, Green Storm CAI,
Custom Exhaust with Triple Tips
Exterior: Custom Rear Bumper & Boot Spoiler, Pearlascent White Stripe Paintjob
Wheels: 17x7.5 OZ Racing Superturismo WRC
...Tires: 225/50/17 Yokohama Advan Sport
Tints: VKool Diamond 40 Sides & Back,
Premium 70 Front

Attachment 364488

Attachment 364489

Attachment 364490

Image courtesy: Autopsyche's public photo gallery !!

reg. no not faded out, as the image is already open for public view

The rear looks wierd IMO, could have done with duel exhaust at each end, and also got to do away with the racing stripes.

Pramod
Old 10th June 2010, 11:21   #27
BHPian

honestly 1st of all i dont this color in cruze, secondly i don't like the concept of 3 exhaust pipes, this was just to give an idea to mod, as different people have different choices
Old 10th June 2010, 11:21   #28

@arush, if you are reading this, i LOVE the stripes!! but why the Lexus LF-A look to the back!! And the Wheels are a perfect combination with the Stripes!
Old 10th June 2010, 11:29   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
@arush, if you are reading this, i LOVE the stripes!! but why the Lexus LF-A look to the back!! And the Wheels are a perfect combination with the Stripes!
^ + 1000.

I completely agree. The stripes and the wheels look fantastic. But a simple dual-exhaust setup would've looked better IMO. One on either side of the bumper.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 10th June 2010 at 11:31.
Old 10th June 2010, 11:36   #30
Senior - BHPian

Good AND Bad !

The Stripes look brilliant as do the alloys, BUT the rear looks "weird". The stripes remind me of my Lancer

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks