Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2011, 15:41   #91
BHPian

Re: The Baleno Makeover

I have quite a few pictures and videos of the ICEMAN, but I have not put them up since I wanted Rameshji to complete the narration.

P.S - Congratulations to you Rameshji on getting hitched !
Xryder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2011, 16:40   #92
BHPian

this really turned out to be a lot better than anticipated. congratulations on neatly and professionally executed job.

please think about changing the alloys to something similar to BMW 10 spoke alloys and even think about painting them into black.

also post more pictures: interiors, and rear profile.
infotech58 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2011, 19:10   #93
BHPian

Thankyou folks. For your kind remarks and blessings too.

To address the general questions and remarks (cant do it for each person as there are too many)...

-Yes the ORVMs are from the older Honda City.

-Going by the feedback from the owner, the car has been so far driven up to a speed of 120Kmph and the stability has increased a bit from what it used to be he says; so aerodynamics has not been an obvious issue with this design. I dare say it may have improved with the new subtle side skirts.

I will sequentially release the subsequent pictures focussing on each area.

Another 3/4 angle of the front from a lower angle to indicate the bonnet musculature and the aggressive frontal stance.
The Baleno Makeover-dscf2735.jpg

The rear is a lot more clear from this angle. This is how we (successfully as per our perception) 'tamed' the 'wild' looking fins.
The Baleno Makeover-dscf2741.jpg

Then the wheels - yes - the wheels are certainly going to be swapped as the design was made with wider more snazzy looking footwear in mind. So we went hunting for the right set of footwear at a suitable budget.
We narrowed it down to some options like these:
The Baleno Makeover-dscf2746.jpg

And eventually settled for these simple gorgeous deep rimmed and not-too-loud 15" 'Elegant' wheels.
The Baleno Makeover-dscf2748.jpg

Big enough to fill the wheel wells but small enough to allow for suitable 205 R55 tyres to negotiate our roads.
The Baleno Makeover-dscf2749.jpg
R.K.Ramesh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th December 2011, 20:41   #94
Team-BHP Support

Ramesh, from your latest set of images, one question comes to my mind.

Is that bulged out bonnet obstructing part of the vision for the driver?

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 14th December 2011 at 20:51.
Old 14th December 2011, 20:47   #95
BHPian

hey Ramesh,
tires play a very important role (looks and handling)..
my suggestion is to go for 16'' rims and 205/55 R16.. Trust me your ride will rock the road..
Old 14th December 2011, 20:53   #96
Senior - BHPian

Ramesh, some honest feedback about your choice of rim - somehow I just don't feel the 4 spoke rims you've chosen will look too good on your ride.

IMO, try getting multispoke, aluminium, BBS-style alloys. Something like this:

The Baleno Makeover-6.jpg

I feel they'll really gel with the car's great looking body!

Last edited by anekho : 14th December 2011 at 20:59.
anekho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2011, 20:58   #97
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
Ramesh, some honest feedback about your choice of rim - somehow I just don't feel the 4 spoke rims you've chosen will look to good on your ride.
Agree with anekho here. Your choice of rim will make the car look naked. It needs equal amount of body on the wheel part.

But again, this is very subjective.
Old 14th December 2011, 21:49   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.K.Ramesh View Post

ICEMAN seems to be bringing me good luck. and it has made me busy over the weekend in a different sort of way - Am starting a new phase in my life - getting engaged today so will have to proceed with the updates from tomorrow.

Kind Regards
Ramessh
Congratulations Ramesh for a new begining. Wish you all the best for your future.

BTW how much was the cost for this modification?
akas_chauhan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2011, 23:23   #99
BHPian

@ Rudra, the bulge is more exaggerated visually from this lower angle. However during normal driving I actually didn't realise it was there - it is only during close parking situations that it is noticed and even that can be addressed by looking past the side of the bulge.

@ Jassy, the rims that we finally chose came with a big 45% discount and we felt that it was worth it given that it also had a deep rim. It actually looked good on the car after installation. You may concur further down this thread.
Also the 205/55 R15 were just the right fit as we found a very meager clearance between the tyres and the wheel arch liners during full lock full suspension travel.
Old 17th December 2011, 17:36   #100
BHPian

And now coming to the custom lights...

We used after market fog lamps and headlamps to insert custom made LED lights and acryllic lens to give the desired effect. The colours depicted here are not very accurate.

This is the indicator light :
The Baleno Makeover-dscf2762.jpg

These are the tail, brake, and indicator lights. The yellow and red LED lights here don't look very differentiated but in real life they are...
The Baleno Makeover-dscf2763.jpg
Name:  DSCF2765.jpg
Views: 6115
Size:  161.8 KB
The Baleno Makeover-dscf2766.jpg
The Baleno Makeover-dscf2768.jpg
R.K.Ramesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th December 2011, 01:36   #101
BHPian

Get the 2nd one from the top.
Old 18th December 2011, 08:43   #102
Senior - BHPian

The car is turning out to be a stunner. Will surely turn heads wherever it goes.

The only problem is that the amount of custom made parts is so much that a minor shunt would mean that days of hard work gone down the drain. For example, its not as easy as going to the workshop & buying these tail lights. While you are at it, make some spare ones for the owner as well!
Old 21st December 2011, 12:25   #103
BHPian

Looks like the thread is dead, Ramesh can you please post the final pictures
Old 21st December 2011, 21:24   #104
BHPian

Thread revived now @Cags - Was out of action here due to other pressing priorities on my personal front (impending marriage) and work (Indica kits and other Sierra and Jeep makeovers which I will feature soon).

@ Voila, Wheels already chosen and it wasnt the second from the top - and as it turned out the chosen ones were very good in a deep rim sort of way.

@raj_5004 we did a cost value trade off on those custom lights. The indicators are readily available with us - made extras. The Front headlights older Honda Civic's have to be imported from Thailand and the rear will take a week or so to make another set. Casings are readily available but interior components will have to be regenerated for which we have suitable means.
Either ways the rear lights are deep set so will need more than a minor shunt to get damaged. Front lights too are deep set and mountings linked to the bumper to push it in on impact to reduce chanced of small bump damage. The side indicators are installed on a hinge which allows it to take a medium intensity hit before it sustains damage. So all these lights have been installed with thoughtful precaution. Hoping that they will not have to come in for replacement soon if at all.

Now to zoom into the details
LED Reverse Lights changed later to something more powerful for added sparkle and a clearer rear view - not to mention the fade in/out effect at night
The Baleno Makeover-dscf2787.jpg

A closer view of the custom tail lights
The Baleno Makeover-dscf2788.jpg

Custom Indicator lights
The Baleno Makeover-dscf2789.jpg

The aggressive front lights from the older Honda City - Note the lower face DLR
The Baleno Makeover-dscf2790.jpg

Last edited by R.K.Ramesh : 21st December 2011 at 21:29.
R.K.Ramesh is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 21st December 2011, 23:37   #105
BHPian

Ramesh , must say the bonnet looks seriously muscular in a positive way . The tail and indicator lamps look stunning . The paint job is superb too. You have made us wait enough. Now can't wait to to see the final set of pictures.

Last edited by needforspeed88 : 21st December 2011 at 23:38.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks