Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2012, 15:18   #16
BHPian

re: Installed: Lovato sequential LPG kit in my Hyundai Accent

Hey Deehunk,
Hows your car performing? Can you please let us know your experience thus far? Any tune ups? Any maintainence so far ?

Thanks a bunch !!
Old 28th February 2012, 19:33   #17
Senior - BHPian

My car is due for a service, was planning to write a review after the service. I have completed 9k after the conversion in 4 months. The performance of this lovely car is being complemented by the LPG kit very nicely. Immediately after the conversion my brother-in-law took it for a Goa trip, he achieved a top speed of 170kmph on few stretches enroute to Goa, the average mileage was 12.5 kmpl and average speed between 100-120kmph. After a month I had a trip to Bidar via Hyderabad while going, i got an average mileage of 14kmpl and while coming back I took Gulbarga-Bijapur-Hospet-Chitradurga route, inspite of having lot of rough patches of 100km plus I got a mileage of 14 on return journey. The average speed was 100 to 140kmph. I changed the front tyres to tubeless while rear tyres are tube ones, I feel steering to be slightly heavy now, I am using the car for my daily commuting to office which is 40km two way, getting a constant mileage of 12 to 12.5 kmpl in city driving conditions. This car performs same with without AC. The last servicing was done at 26.9k now the odo reading stand at 36.1k. As I was not happy with the fitment quality myself I took the car to Mr. Pandian for refitting the jets and fuel injectors, the car is performing well and am happy with the vehicle performance. I have two more examples of BRC sequential LPG kit fitment done by Mr.Pandian for an i20 and 2007 Esteem and will soon post the details.

Last edited by deehunk : 28th February 2012 at 19:38.
Old 28th February 2012, 20:21   #18
BHPian

The holes were drilled in the manifold without removing it! Wow!
Sorry but this is just unacceptable because the metal pieces with enter the combustion chamber.
I must say you have been really lucky that nothing happened and I hope nothing happens in the future.
what if the minute particle get caught in between the valve and seat ? that would require opening the head and changing the valve/valves and most probably seat cutting or replacement.
Amey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2012, 11:13   #19
Senior - BHPian

My Accent completed 25000kms recently with the LPG kit, overall it crossed 52,000km, performance has so far been consistent and reliable. The car is being serviced regularly at a known service center on Bannerghatta Road near Fortis Hospital, except for the last service the other 3 services costed me Rs.3000 each for regular oil change, filter change, minor electrical repairs(rat) and tyre rotation and wheel alignments for every 6000 kms interval. The last service costed me Rs.7500 which included clutch overhauling, brake pads change, change of AC cabin filter, regular oil change, AC duct cleaning and minor suspension repair works. The mileage in LPG mode has so far been 10-12kmpl in city and 14kmpl on highways, on petrol the mileage has been 15kmpl on highways all with AC ON. Two front tyres were replaced with Bridgestone Turanza, tubeless type, while 2 tyres which were initially at the rear side have been going great even after 52000km and looks to last for another 10k. The battery was replaced at 45000km. The LPG kit has been endorsed by RTO recently. Having also seen the performance of BRC kit on two i20's owned by my relatives, I rate Lovato to be superior in performance, look forward for many more happy ride with my Accent. Moderators, I request you to change the title to Accent ownership report with Lovato sequential LPG kit.

Last edited by deehunk : 7th December 2012 at 11:15.
Old 7th March 2013, 18:16   #20
BHPian

Deehunk,
Can I ask how you feel the Lovato kit preforms better than the BRC kit?
I am looking to fit a kit for my Baleno and I am most likely going to Pandian for the BRC kit.

Last edited by P1tBull : 7th March 2013 at 18:18.
Old 7th March 2013, 20:19   #21
Senior - BHPian

There is no better installer than Pandian sir, this is my experience after having seen many installers in Bangalore. Three of my relatives converted their cars to LPG from Pandian sir. Two went with INR 35,000/- kit and third one went with INR 47,000/- premium kit. The BRC premium kit is basically what you find in Spark, Beat and Wagon R LPG versions and has top class fit and finish quality and even the fuel change over switch is OEM type. Performance wise i don't see any difference between them.
Lovato kit used in my vehicle is definitely a good performer than BRC kit as tested by my relatives but I had to make lot of changes to the installation because of crude workmanship, so though Lovato is a superior kit there are no genuine installers in Bangalore who have the skill and also understand a LPG car better than Pandian sir. I would suggest you to opt for the BRC premium kit because it is a Baleno.
deehunk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th March 2013, 09:07   #22
BHPian

Thats a nice report to hear. With the current petrol price its good to convert to lpg. Thanks for sharing
Old 13th March 2013, 10:09   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
There is no better installer than Pandian sir, this is my experience after having seen many installers in Bangalore. Three of my relatives converted their cars to LPG from Pandian sir. Two went with INR 35,000/- kit and third one went with INR 47,000/- premium kit,though Lovato is a superior kit there are no genuine installers in Bangalore who have the skill and also understand a LPG car better than Pandian sir. I would suggest you to opt for the BRC premium kit because it is a Baleno.
Good to hear that you are happy with the LPG sequential kit.Congrats on completing 25k kms in LPG.
I have installed BRC sequential kit (35k one) in my Palio 1.6 and so far completed 14000kms without any hiccups.
Performance is almost same in both petrol and LPG.Mileage has been 10kmpl in city and 12kmpl in highways.
I have recently done some fine tuning and now the driveability is much better and also expecting increase in mileage also.
Old 2nd June 2013, 08:29   #24
Senior - BHPian

Our dear Accent crossed 60k km overall and 33k km with LPG, the clutch plates were replaced in the last service, costed INR 7900 got it replaced at Castrol pit stop in HSR layout, there was a small leak of LPG from vaporiser due to loosening of Cu tube, it was fixed by Pandian, else no issues with the Car. With new clutch plates car rocks like a new and has been consistently performing well.
deehunk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2015, 17:52   #25
Senior - BHPian

My Accent crosses 72K km and 45K km with LPG, so far no issues and periodic maintenance has kept vehicle running smooth.

Last edited by deehunk : 9th January 2015 at 17:53.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2015, 00:03   #26
BANNED

deehunk, What kind of tank have you installed - cylindrical or torroidal? What is the capacity of the tank and how many kms can you travel before you need to refuel?
Old 18th April 2015, 13:04   #27
BHPian

At the current fuel prices is it practical to convert a petrol car to LPG (I have no idea of LPG price) with a monthly run of 1000KM?
I was nurturing the idea of buying a Petrol AT car and convert it to LPG.
Old 18th April 2015, 13:40   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinhead View Post
deehunk, What kind of tank have you installed - cylindrical or torroidal? What is the capacity of the tank and how many kms can you travel before you need to refuel?
I had installed a cylindrical tank of 60L water filling capacity, so 43-45L of LPG could be filled. This would last for a minimum of 500Km.
Old 18th April 2015, 13:57   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
My Accent crosses 72K km and 45K km with LPG, so far no issues and periodic maintenance has kept vehicle running smooth.
Can you please share your approx. running cost per KM with LPG (without taking into the price of LPG kit)?
Old 18th April 2015, 20:32   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
Can you please share your approx. running cost per KM with LPG (without taking into the price of LPG kit)?

With LPG fuel economy will be like Petrol only if use sequential kits, the price difference will be approximately Rs.25-28 per litre, same will be carried over to running cost. LPG vehicles are good for city usage from mileage point of view, for hatchback you may expect max mileage of 15kmpl on highways with AC and in city 10-12kmpl same as petrol.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks