Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2011, 20:14   #16
BHPian

Re: Euroair Pureair - Car Air Purifier

Yes there are quite many companies selling the same product. Seems to be pretty popular. So can manage to get the replacement parts from one company or the other

http://atlantahealthcare.in/gamapure.htm

http://www.airnasa.com/enair168car.asp

Airnew Electronic Technology Co., Ltd.

http://www.eurekaforbes.com/air-puri...r-pureair.aspx

Last edited by raj84 : 2nd November 2011 at 20:18.
Old 3rd November 2011, 22:45   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj84 View Post
The smell exists even after using this device, and I think using any other air purifier would not help in this matter.
You need to get the cooling fins rid of fungal growth. Simply switch on the engine, set the temp knob to full hot & blower to speed 4 (Recirculation mode) & let it run for 10-12 mins.The smell will vanish. Additionally, you could've gone for Maruti's own panel filter for the Swift which attaches to the blower assembly itself.
JustCause is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th November 2011, 20:03   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCause View Post
You need to get the cooling fins rid of fungal growth. Simply switch on the engine, set the temp knob to full hot & blower to speed 4 (Recirculation mode) & let it run for 10-12 mins.The smell will vanish. Additionally, you could've gone for Maruti's own panel filter for the Swift which attaches to the blower assembly itself.
This is a useful suggestion. Maybe we should be doing this for every car periodically, once every several months and more frequently during the monsoons. This reminds me of a recommendation from Eureka Forbes where they suggest full heater + recirculation for their vacuum cleaners by connecting the hosepipe from the blower side to suction. This they say kills all mites/insects after vacuuming sofas and beds.
Old 6th November 2011, 08:52   #19
BHPian

Quote:
You need to get the cooling fins rid of fungal growth. Simply switch on the engine, set the temp knob to full hot & blower to speed 4 (Recirculation mode) & let it run for 10-12 mins.The smell will vanish.
AC fungal smell is very prominent in Ford cars. 2 of my friend's Ikons has it. My 6 month old Figo is showing symptoms of it. I always put the AC in heater mode once in a week & blow air through all vents to prevent it.

Since we open the doors/windows regularly, how effective are such devices?
Old 6th November 2011, 09:36   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline GT-R View Post
Since we open the doors/windows regularly, how effective are such devices?
My car A/C had that smell in the initial months of ownership. A one time heater mode solved the problem & it has not recurred ever since. So, basically, my A/C air smells of 'nothing' since the last two years.

For an air purifier to be effective, maximum amount of air must pass & get filtered through it at any given time. That means, you need a blower that has a good CFM (Cubic feet per minute) rating. These notebook sized devices will take a long time to filter all the air in the cabin since they have a small blower with a limited RPM (for low noise). If one is conscious about microbial population in the inside air, spend some money & get a HEPA filter installed in addition to the aircon panel filter. HEPA filter is used in biosafety cabinets & will provide you with a maximum amount of safety . It will work out cheaper than standalone devices & you will have an OE setup with a very high CFM blower (your A/C blower).

Last edited by JustCause : 6th November 2011 at 09:39.
Old 7th November 2011, 16:32   #21
BHPian

Can anyone let me know how to check or test if an ioniser air purifier is working ? I have one in my car, the type that sticks to the cigarette lighter socket, and I am not too sure if it is working.
Old 8th November 2011, 12:27   #22
BHPian

@barua - I think the only way to find out is whether you are feeling better in breathing, while using the device. Compare it with the way you feel breathing with the device turned off.
Old 8th November 2011, 15:12   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Should one put the blower in recirulate mode or fresh air mode?

Quote:
AC fungal smell is very prominent in Ford cars. 2 of my friend's Ikons has it. My 6 month old Figo is showing symptoms of it. I always put the AC in heater mode once in a week & blow air through all vents to prevent it.
Same question to you. And I agree with you that Ford cars are more prone to fungal smell. 30 minutes of AC in recirculate mode is enough to have everyone gasping for fresh air. In such cases I used to switch to fresh air or roll down the windows for a few seconds.

I'll give this method a shot today. Thanks guys for posting.
Old 8th November 2011, 16:22   #24
BHPian

I dont use the freshair mode at all because it brings in exhaust fumes from other cars on the road.

For fungus smell eradication i think the heat does the trick, irrespective of the air mode. However recirculation mode has more air volume if you want to "blow away" the fungus.
Skyline GT-R is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2011, 17:19   #25
Senior - BHPian

I have absolutely no idea about what we mean by impure air and ionizing the air etc. so a few noob questions from my side:

1. How impure (somebody please share the definition also) is the air inside a car if one always drives with the AC on? Does it really have a significant affect on one's health? Do we have any statistics on this?
2. If in case it is significantly impure does it also mean that my room where AC runs all night the air gets impure and I should press that ionizer (or something like it is on the remote) button often to purify the air? A lot of ACs don't have this feature though.
3. Does leaving the room's doors/windows open for half an hour in the morning, with fresh sunlight coming in, purify the air enough? If yes, wouldn't the same thing work in the car? If no, shouldn't we first have a purifier in our room before we put one in our car?
Old 9th November 2011, 09:28   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Should one put the blower in recirulate mode or fresh air mode?
Put it in recirculation mode while doing this.
JustCause is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th November 2011, 09:41   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I dont use the freshair mode at all because it brings in exhaust fumes from other cars on the road.

For fungus smell eradication i think the heat does the trick, irrespective of the air mode. However recirculation mode has more air volume if you want to "blow away" the fungus.
Quote:
Put it in recirculation mode while doing this.
Fine, I'll try it with re-circulation mode. I initially thought that by using that mode, I'd end up 'reciculating' the fungus in the confines of my car.

And I suppose I am right in keeping all doors open during this heat treatment?
Old 9th November 2011, 10:01   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
And I suppose I am right in keeping all doors open during this heat treatment?
Yes, you can keep all doors open.
Old 9th November 2011, 10:06   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Unfortunately we dont have a 3M shop in Trivandrum
There is a shop that sells 3M products like underbody and paint ,scratch remover etc. Its near New theater .But I'm not sure they have an a/c flush
Old 9th November 2011, 10:11   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
Does leaving the room's doors/windows open for half an hour in the morning, with fresh sunlight coming in, purify the air enough? If yes, wouldn't the same thing work in the car? If no, shouldn't we first have a purifier in our room before we put one in our car?
Room air purifiers are available from major brands but i don't think these are very succesful products.

LG Air Purifier

When we open the car window to ask for directions OR open the doors to get in/get out, invariably lots of "polluted air" will get inside. Therefore i am not convinced about this little machine doing wonders for your health unless you drive cross country for hours on a regular basis.

The moisture inside the AC vents cause the stale smell of fungal growth which comes out when you put on the AC next day. Switching off the AC 3-4 minutes before you reach destination & full blast heating once a week with doors open controls this to a great extent in my experience.

Regarding the stuffy feeling inside the car on longer drives with AC in recirc mode, it is always better to take a (tea/coffee) break after 2-3 hours of driving. When you open/shut the door, the air exchange in the cabin will happen.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks