Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2016, 20:03   #46
BHPian

Re: Euroair Pureair - Car Air Purifier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Rider View Post
Got honeywell car air purifier from flipkart for Rs 6747 for my wagon r. It's been two weeks now and there is a noticeable difference in the air quality.
kindly share your experiences with this product.
thanks.
Old 16th October 2016, 07:34   #47
BHPian

Hi pcpranav,

The experience has been good so far. Earlier I used to suffer from respiratory issues after prolonged usage of the car. Not the case anymore. Hope this helps
Night Rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2016, 17:04   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Rider View Post
Hi pcpranav,

The experience has been good so far. Earlier I used to suffer from respiratory issues after prolonged usage of the car. Not the case anymore. Hope this helps
thanks buddy for the feedback.
two weeks back, I also purchased the Honeywell Car Air Purifier from Amazon at a lightening deal (via their mobile app) at Rs.5375/. Its a really sleek device, looks premium too.

Have tried using on the low and high speed modes, does have a bit noise but tolerable as it mixes with the AC blower noise. I havn't really felt a real big difference in air quality or smell, but Im sure its doing its work gently. This weekend will go for a long trip with family and will try to notice.

In my Xylo, currently I have just put in dash-groove over the glove box (where earlier I used to put the tissue box) and yet not applied the Velcro strips. The output air maybe bit obstructing in the groove-walls, but shouldn't matter much - after all its just air to flow! I plan to place a form sheet underneath to give support/protection and raise a bit height of the device. At the moment device is powered & plugged in one charge socket available near the gear handle, good that connector isn't long to obstruct the gear handle! and another socket is available behind driver's seat where currently I plugged for my mobile charging. Soon will buy a new good quality socket splitter (previous one went kaput after few month's use, cheapo stuff!), and splitter will also fit nicely in a free slot available.

Below reference image (picked from internet and did basic editing) to give an idea of setup.

Euroair Pureair - Car Air Purifier-xyloairpurifiersocket.jpg

Im hopeful device will prove as good investment and provide good air

regards,
Old 10th November 2016, 21:20   #49
BHPian

The Honeywell product features are quite good, I have been eyeing it for some time now. Night Rider and pcpranav, your feedback will be highly appreciated. I have three questions:

1. I believe it has just two fan speeds. Specs read noise level less than or equal to 49db. How much difference in there in loudness of fan between high and low speed?

2. Is air intake from top? I saw it on their website few days back but can't find it today.

3. Does it have pre filter?
Old 12th January 2017, 18:25   #50
BHPian

Hi,

kindly excuse the delay in my response. Im happy with this Honeywell product, and always keep it ON for Fan Speed-1 (low), sometimes move to Speed-2 (high). The car smells fresh/neutral, or practically you can say without any noticeable smell. I have connected it the same way I described above. Temporarily have put a small foam underneath the device; maybe later will put proper foam to cover also the edges of device, to avoid any dashing of device in that groove & protect it.

After using it for about 2 months, recently I had opened the top cover to access the filter - it had very minor (negligible) signs of dirt. I will again check filter status after 2-3 months. For ref, on weekdays I use car for 3+ hours (ooff the traffic!), and pretty less driving on weekends, and device is always ON. Also done few long trips with this device. With this kind of usage pattern, I think Filter will last a year. Also, I feel for my kind of vehicle size (Xylo), the air output is bit low (speed-1), but you will see the effect after say 20-30 min.

Other regular tips for dust-free & clean air inside cabin:
- regularly clean the Cabin AC Filter & blower motor, in my case its under the glove box. This way the AC's cooling & air flow is good, without any foul smell.
- keep AC on air re-circulation mode, so that outside dust doesn't come in the cabin, and effective cooling. But I would also suggest once in a while to use the outside air circulation mode for AC, provided the outside condition is not dusty.
- There are separate threads for AC maintenance (disinfectant, cleaning, deodorize, repair, etc).
- avoid driving with Windows open! Just to refresh the air inside cabin, you can open window for a while, ensuring that outside is not dusty.
- the footwear carry dirt inside. So before getting inside, I generally just give my legs a light tap on the foot side-step to dust-off!
- after having food inside car, keep the windows open for sometime; (earlier I was typing to "avoid food inside car", but lets be practical!);

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
I have three questions:

1. I believe it has just two fan speeds. Specs read noise level less than or equal to 49db. How much difference in there in loudness of fan between high and low speed?

Pranav> Yes, it has two fan speed. With Speed-1 (low), the noise is very low, nothing to be bothered about. However even the air output will be pretty low. With speed-2 (high), air output is good, and the noise is pretty high, would be audible easily.

2. Is air intake from top? I saw it on their website few days back but can't find it today.

Pranav> Yes, the air intake is from the top grill cover. Inside this cover is the filter. The output air is from the side grill (both sides).

3. Does it have pre filter?

Pranav> There is only one filter under the top cover. I dont think any other filter.

I have often seen Amazon showing "lightening" deal for this product, prices going around 5.5K (Standard Disclaimer: Im not associated with Amazon !). Today I noticed this device on sale on TBHP-Classified, you may check it out. Overall, I think a good investment.

regards,
Pranav
pcpranav is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2017, 16:39   #51
BHPian

Hi,

last weekend, I took some detailed pictures of my Honeywell Move Car Air Purifier.

After removing the top (grill) cover, the air input is from here passing the filter:
Euroair Pureair - Car Air Purifier-1.jpg

after moving the filter aside: you can see the inside mechanisms:
Euroair Pureair - Car Air Purifier-2.jpg

the inside area of filter: we can see some dirt; I did dust-off the filter (gently banging the filter on my palms, outside the vehicle) and some small dust particles were removed.
Euroair Pureair - Car Air Purifier-3.jpg

there are two fans which control the air movement (Air Input: suction from top side passing the filter, and Air Output pushing from the two side vents): there was small amount of dust on the fins of fans (will clean sometime later)!! which means, a bit of dust did escape the filter and went inside ??!!!
Euroair Pureair - Car Air Purifier-4.jpg

the overall setup: as depicted in my earlier pic, air filter fits well in that dashboard's groove.
Euroair Pureair - Car Air Purifier-5.jpg

FYI, additional products:

a) Cigarette Lighter Socket Splitter with USB Charging points : got this from Aliexpress Link for USD 12.21. Very good product. The Voltage display (next to On/Off switch) is very good, and changes in real-time as per the load.
b) Cable Organizer Clip : got this from Amazon Link for Rs.119. Cheap, does the job to hold that wire. The box came with 6 clips, Orange suited the dash, but the Pink and Green ones are a dislike for me.

regards,
Pranav
Old 24th July 2017, 17:35   #52
BHPian

Overall Im happy with this Honeywell Car Air Purifier. Occasionally, say once a month, I open it and apply some taps on the filter to dust-off. Its just a 2-3 min task. The amount of dust trapped is not huge, but still.

Euroair Pureair - Car Air Purifier-filter.jpg

Above pic of filter (white side) as of last week when I opened for quick cleaning. We can see its turned bit more darker. The other side is dark-grey color, its the first layer when air is let inside, and air exit from the white side below. Notice on the Amazon product page says "Long filter life of 360 hours, can run for 5-6 months if used for 2-3 hours day" and Honeywell product page says "Not washable, replace when front button turns red". Maybe I'll continue with filter for some more time, and observe if button really turns red.
Last month I ordered the Replacement Filter from Amazon.in for Rs.1053, then it was hovering around Rs.1200, and today I saw its racking at Rs.1599 !

regards,
Pranav

Last edited by pcpranav : 24th July 2017 at 17:39.
pcpranav is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 12:06   #53
BHPian

Hello friends,

some updates on my Honeywell car air purifier.
As mentioned in my previous post, occasionally I dust-off the filter. All these months, I already had the replacement filter, and last weekend changed it. I see that existing (stock) filter was pretty dark (more than year of service!), but Im sure there was lot of juice left in it. Even when tapping the filter, not much dust particles came out, and air flow was also good. Still, I went ahead and changed the filter.

Euroair Pureair - Car Air Purifier-one.jpg
Euroair Pureair - Car Air Purifier-two.jpg

You can check this video for installation instructions. It does mention that clogged filter will result in Red light, which didnt happen in my case!

few days back saw the filter at 999 on Amazon lightening deal, and I ordered one for spare, good to go!

OT: talking about dust in car, even though I have been driving with windows closed, and mostly enter after tapping my shoes outside car, still see lot of dust & debris on the floor mats. Im sure some particles do keep sticking to shoes. Every week I also dust-off the floor mats. However with the dust inside the car, the AC's cabin filter gets clogged every month and reduces the airflow & cooling.
Its a 30 min DIY for my vehicle (Xylo) to clean the Cabin filter, and sometimes even the blower motor (another 30 minutes), and voila we have AC's performance resumed. One of our colleague has well documented this process in this previous post :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...ml#post2739638

regards,
Pranav

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks