Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2011, 08:22   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Yet another modded Safari!

josepeter you are back and this time with a dicor. Thats one helluva looking Dicor you have man, I must admit that I have drooled at your Bolero quite a few times. Those alloys look like they are from the EVO lineup ?
Old 2nd November 2011, 10:16   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by josepeter View Post
So here it is my 2011 Dicor 2.2 GX with subtle mods:255/65/16 Yokos, 5 spoke alloys, a mesh grill, Rallye 2000s and blackened head lamps. There's a Spider Piggy Back ECU too...
Those alloys are stunning! What brand and price for a set of 5?

I may be in a minority of 1 here, but I feel the original grill would have made a nice contrasting look to the All Black getup of the vehicle.

But overall, awesome transformation!

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 2nd November 2011, 10:33   #18
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Beautiful mods josepeter. Real looker. Mine too is on similar specs but on stock tyres. I was hunting for mesh grill in Delhi did'nt find . May be next time in kochi , will try pick from Ostler. Please PM me the contacts.

Does the 255 have the risk of scraping the front fender ?
Old 2nd November 2011, 11:46   #19
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations. I just love the mesh grill. Would love to see how that looks on my Fortuner.
Old 2nd November 2011, 13:49   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Congratulations. I just love the mesh grill. Would love to see how that looks on my Fortuner.
Every Fortuner deserves Mesh! Go for it dude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
Beautiful mods josepeter. Real looker. Mine too is on similar specs but on stock tyres. I was hunting for mesh grill in Delhi did'nt find . May be next time in kochi , will try pick from Ostler. Please PM me the contacts.

Does the 255 have the risk of scraping the front fender ?
255s do scrape the front bumper; guys at tyre shops know how to deal with that. Just be sure you aren't around when it's done; its quite brutal - especially fresh out of showroom..

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Those alloys are stunning! What brand and price for a set of 5?

I may be in a minority of 1 here, but I feel the original grill would have made a nice contrasting look to the All Black getup of the vehicle.

But overall, awesome transformation!

Cheers,
Vikram
I believe all non indian alloys ( barring the big guys- Borbet, Enkei, momo etc.) come from Taiwan and have various names like K-Speed, EVO etc. Mine has HR decals on the centre cover; but I believe it is K-Speed since I have seen those alloys in their ads.

I think i stuck a good deal for alloys and tyres : returned the set of 5 stock ones and paid 19K for the new set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
josepeter you are back and this time with a dicor. Thats one helluva looking Dicor you have man, I must admit that I have drooled at your Bolero quite a few times. Those alloys look like they are from the EVO lineup ?
Thanks rj ; K-Speed I think!
Old 2nd November 2011, 15:43   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Stunning!

If wifey allows it, ditch the side steps!
Old 2nd November 2011, 18:08   #22
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Yet another modded Tata Safari!

Stunning, drool inducing, Safari! Congrats Josepeter, you've done up the Safari very, very tastefully. Simple yet sufficient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
Please PM me the contacts.
Why PM? That defeats the purpose of an open forum. Please encourage sharing of information on the thread itself so that others can benefit from the information too.
Old 2nd November 2011, 22:08   #23
BHPian

Brilliant! If I will ever buy a Safari, I am going to make it look just like that! I know I am asking too much, but any plans for setting up projectors? And maybe then some DRL's would complete the setup
Old 3rd November 2011, 11:08   #24
Senior - BHPian

Your truck looks very good and imposing, josepeter. Nice subtle mods.

From the pictures, it feels like the LHS ORVM is drooping too much. Is that a trait of Safari? Also, pls lose the chrome on the ORVMs.
Old 3rd November 2011, 11:52   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Jose. Your Safari looks great,or rather menacing. Searched the thread of your Bolero and liked it too.

Like mentioned by you in your post,I am also an avid fan follower of the Safari and just loved your mods.

Some suggestions: how about painting the bumpers matt black? IMO they will look better.

Looking forward to more mods on your safari
Old 3rd November 2011, 12:24   #26
BHPian

Thats one awesome beast you have. Any mods on the interior ?
A crash guard ? a matt black one which hugs the contours should give the front end a real presence. Also the side steps, how about having them body coloured ?
i would say get all the chrome off the beast. only a chrome grill at the front should do the trick
Old 3rd November 2011, 12:24   #27
Team-BHP Support

Hi Jose!

Was/is an admirer of your Bolero though never commented on that thread. The Safari looks sweet save for the chrome insert in the RVM's.

Please post better & more pictures as and when you can
Old 3rd November 2011, 14:06   #28
BHPian

I always had a thing for safari. one of the best from the Tata Stable in looks department !

Your Black Beast looks A-M-A-Z-I-N-G !

Wish you many happy & safe miles.
Old 3rd November 2011, 14:41   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Stunning!

If wifey allows it, ditch the side steps!
Ruled out Saar! Im like 5'4". I'll need a ladder myself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Stunning, drool inducing, Safari! Congrats Josepeter, you've done up the Safari very, very tastefully. Simple yet sufficient.

Why PM? That defeats the purpose of an open forum. Please encourage sharing of information on the thread itself so that others can benefit from the information too.
Thanks a ton GTO!

Balu@Ostler can be reached on 98460 777 00

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedaUsername View Post
Brilliant! If I will ever buy a Safari, I am going to make it look just like that! I know I am asking too much, but any plans for setting up projectors? And maybe then some DRL's would complete the setup
Projectors hmmm....dont fancy the chinese ones and Laura projectors cost a bomb! Nothing beats a Rallye 2000 u know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Your truck looks very good and imposing, josepeter. Nice subtle mods.

From the pictures, it feels like the LHS ORVM is drooping too much. Is that a trait of Safari? Also, pls lose the chrome on the ORVMs.
From my experience so far...A safari is tough to keep PERFECT; its not the most robustly engineered car; so I don't care too much about little niggles...But I'll have a good look at the ORVM and see whats wrong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Congrats Jose. Your Safari looks great,or rather menacing. Searched the thread of your Bolero and liked it too.

Like mentioned by you in your post,I am also an avid fan follower of the Safari and just loved your mods.

Some suggestions: how about painting the bumpers matt black? IMO they will look better.

Looking forward to more mods on your safari
My Bolero had Matt black bumpers; it's a painful thing to keep neat. I was never happy with them after the first few days...But they looked killer!
More Mods?? Be careful what u wish for...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairanupg View Post
Thats one awesome beast you have. Any mods on the interior ?
A crash guard ? a matt black one which hugs the contours should give the front end a real presence. Also the side steps, how about having them body coloured ?
i would say get all the chrome off the beast. only a chrome grill at the front should do the trick
Interior mods are restricted to ICE : a DVD HU, two screens on the headrests and a sub.

Crash guard on stock bumpers is taboo.... I would have done a custom bumper with bull bars if TATA had given me a 4X4.

I'd definitely have a go at the side steps at a later stage!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karizma_devil View Post
I always had a thing for safari. one of the best from the Tata Stable in looks department !

Your Black Beast looks A-M-A-Z-I-N-G !

Wish you many happy & safe miles.
Thanks Devil!
josepeter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2011, 14:59   #30
BHPian

Amazing safari you got there josepeter.
I share the same love for safari as you do right from when tata first introduced it .
Even today after more than 10 years the design is still amazing . Very few cars can survive the test of time in design terms this well !

And i guess now its time to change the avatar from your bolero to your black beast

Congratulations and drive safe

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks