Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2011, 15:20   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Yet another modded Tata Safari!

Personally, I do not like the looks of a Safari (especially ones in White), but this one made me come back and have a look again, that signifies how well it is done up. Definitely, the best looking Safari on the forum.

You seem to have a special liking for grille area treatment, do you? Neat job.

Spike
Old 3rd November 2011, 15:20   #32
Team-BHP Support

Jose, excellent job with the mods on your Safari. Why didn't you smoke out the taillamps as well, like those on the Bolero?

Looks like I'll have to look out for your Safari along the Kumily route next time, while you would need to look out for my Scorp.
Old 3rd November 2011, 17:03   #33

Congrats Jose. This is one of the best Mods I've seen on a Safari. Looks stunning and far more appealling than those mundane white one's you see on roads. Is GX not an ABS ver? If not yes braking would be really scary. Drive safe and wish you many happy miles with your beast
Old 4th November 2011, 03:07   #34

Hats off to u jp, I have seen many safari with crap mods ( many of them in cochin with all sorts of stuff fitted on to it), but u have just done the right bit, not more not less, just perfect.

To be honest, this is the best one i have ever seen, nice work bro.
Old 4th November 2011, 09:22   #35
BHPian

Hey Jose, that's the coolest safari ever. How did you do the Fog lamp mounting. My mounting looks so ugly that my wife has given up complaining about it. If you has some pictures or notes on the installation of the Fogs, please share.
Old 4th November 2011, 09:30   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic View Post
Even today after more than 10 years the design is still amazing . Very few cars can survive the test of time in design terms this well !
TATAs surely know where to get "inspired" from - Disco is timeless!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
Personally, I do not like the looks of a Safari (especially ones in White), but this one made me come back and have a look again, that signifies how well it is done up. Definitely, the best looking Safari on the forum.

Spike
Thanks Mate!

I love'em Grilles... mesh grilles bring visions of a budget racer...more air..more power U see

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Jose, excellent job with the mods on your Safari. Why didn't you smoke out the taillamps as well, like those on the Bolero?

Looks like I'll have to look out for your Safari along the Kumily route next time, while you would need to look out for my Scorp.
Mama said NO SMOKING this time....

Love to bump into your scorp ben one time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK Sitaram View Post
Congrats Jose. This is one of the best Mods I've seen on a Safari. Looks stunning and far more appealling than those mundane white one's you see on roads. Is GX not an ABS ver? If not yes braking would be really scary. Drive safe and wish you many happy miles with your beast
Yes Sir! the GX has ABS; still manages to scare the living crap out of me!
Old 4th November 2011, 11:13   #37
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by josepeter View Post
Ruled out Saar! Im like 5'4". I'll need a ladder myself!

Thanks a ton GTO!

Balu@Ostler can be reached on 98460 777 00

Thanks Jose. Where are is he located, is this custom made or available as accessory.
Old 4th November 2011, 13:06   #38
BHPian

v&v ; Balu is based in Cochin; the grille is custom made from the existing one. You could send a stock one and get it done too.
josepeter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2011, 13:31   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

@Josepeter, congrats ! And love that trade-mark mesh grille . I remember using your Bolero as an example for some of my earlier posts.

Btw, I liked the second & first pics (in that order) from your first post.
Quote:
.. returns a consistent 12 Kmpl stock ( and 13 Kmpl with the spider);
Intresting. The Spider provides better FE than stock ECU ? What other differences do you find ?
Old 4th November 2011, 14:26   #40
BHPian

Great !!! A dream Safari. 19K for the alloys.. wow !! Now i wish i had a safari :( would've surely done it up like yours sir. Just wondering... how would a set of chrome spinners look on this black Hunk ??
Old 4th November 2011, 15:35   #41
BHPian

josepeter-your bolero was great,now the safari's cool looking too,congrats, very good job done, even my bolero camper mesh was done by ostler.
Old 4th November 2011, 15:40   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@Josepeter, congrats ! And love that trade-mark mesh grille . I remember using your Bolero as an example for some of my earlier posts.

Btw, I liked the second & first pics (in that order) from your first post.
Intresting. The Spider provides better FE than stock ECU ? What other differences do you find ?
Thanks Condor!

The ECU has 5 settings; starting with a basic one that i found quite passive; only in third gear at high revs could I feel a certain urge - didnt have the patience to check mileage with that one. So I moved to the second setting and can definitely feel more torque; its like you can do away with a higher gear every time; I did feel a little drag towards the top-end in 5th gear - it maybe due to a clogged air filter. planning to go for K&N panel. I was told by the guys at Spider that the 5th setting makes the truck quite wild...have no nerve to try that ( or the ones in between) now

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilalsyed View Post
Great !!! A dream Safari. 19K for the alloys.. wow !! Now i wish i had a safari :( would've surely done it up like yours sir. Just wondering... how would a set of chrome spinners look on this black Hunk ??
The alloy deal was from Carz here in Hyderabad. Chrome spinners would give a pimped up look - if that's what u like.
Old 4th November 2011, 15:48   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Condor!

The ECU has 5 settings; starting with a basic one that i found quite passive; only in third gear at high revs could I feel a certain urge - didnt have the patience to check mileage with that one. So I moved to the second setting and can definitely feel more torque; its like you can do away with a higher gear every time; I did feel a little drag towards the top-end in 5th gear - it maybe due to a clogged air filter. planning to go for K&N panel. I was told by the guys at Spider that the 5th setting makes the truck quite wild...have no nerve to try that ( or the ones in between) now

The alloy deal was from Carz here in Hyderabad. Chrome spinners would give a pimped up look - if that's what u like.
Crazy

Awesome looking beast !

Would love to meet you one day. People say they see a Safari driving around without a driver when I drive :P Glad to know that I have company !

How much did the grill work cost and time ?

Edit: If in UK or so, the racechip is cheaper at 8.5k. No guts to get one now !

Last edited by jkdas : 4th November 2011 at 15:49.
Old 4th November 2011, 15:56   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Crazy

Awesome looking beast !

Would love to meet you one day. People say they see a Safari driving around without a driver when I drive :P Glad to know that I have company !

How much did the grill work cost and time ?

Edit: If in UK or so, the racechip is cheaper at 8.5k. No guts to get one now !
Thanks jk! Im in Trivandrum for the new year....we could meet!

The grille takes about a days work and costs 3K. Thanks for the Racechip info...will haggle harder!
Old 4th November 2011, 16:06   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post

Spike
Yes @spike, his mods are subtle and tasteful.
How about sending all Mahindra "frontal" (read brutal) designers to @josepeter for some training? Don't spare the ones who came up with that brilliant Walrus teeth!

Torqy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks