Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2011, 23:28   #61
BHPian

Re: Yet another modded Tata Safari!

Hi josepeter,
i have seen your machine wandering in hyderabad.i admire the killer looks of it.
meshing was perfect,liked it.
can you suggest me the part no of K&n for my ride?
here goes my ride.
Attached Thumbnails
Yet another modded Tata Safari!-08072011058.jpg  

Yet another modded Tata Safari!-16052011.jpg  

Yet another modded Tata Safari!-08072011061.jpg  

Yet another modded Tata Safari!-16052011001.jpg  

syedhafeez is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2011, 19:04   #62
BHPian

Thats one killer Syed! I have seen the beast many times, lets meet and greet next time.

I have second thoughts on K&N replacement filter; will wait for my 30K service to put a fresh OE one and check out first. The Reliance autozone in Mehdipatnam has K&Ns for Safari in stock.
josepeter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2011, 13:01   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by josepeter View Post
Thats one killer Syed! I have seen the beast many times, lets meet and greet next time.

I have second thoughts on K&N replacement filter; will wait for my 30K service to put a fresh OE one and check out first. The Reliance autozone in Mehdipatnam has K&Ns for Safari in stock.
Sure jose we will meet up next time.most of the time i will be hanging in banjara hills area.so let me know, how shall we contact, through mail or phone.
Old 7th December 2011, 14:34   #64
BHPian

And to quote Britney Spears
" Oops you did it again". Your ride rocks. And now the big question. How is TATA treating you these days compared to Mahindra. Or is it incomparable like totally different segments?
Old 8th December 2011, 06:53   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Roy View Post
And to quote Britney Spears
" Oops you did it again". Your ride rocks. And now the big question. How is TATA treating you these days compared to Mahindra. Or is it incomparable like totally different segments?
TATA guys are quite friendly and helpful...I just wish they had better skills in the bodyshop! ( the rest of it is easy, its mostly replacement )
Old 8th December 2011, 07:23   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have second thoughts on K&N replacement filter; will wait for my 30K service to put a fresh OE one and check out first.
Guys, check the points made by Dr Pullockaran (hope name spelt right) in the thread on Fiesta tuning/modifications. He has suggested staying away from filters that use oil for cleaning.

Check your filters & compare with what Bosch offers. It will help if you clean your filters more often - say every month. Tap the dust out regularly. Will even help you extend life of the OE filter, apart from helping it filter better.
Old 8th December 2011, 17:05   #67
BHPian

@josepeter - I am big fan of Safari and it is a dream vehicle for me to own in India.

I had seen your Bolero pics before and now the Safari. Wonderful transformation. You have made it more attractive! Great Job!
Old 8th December 2011, 21:00   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Guys, check the points made by Dr Pullockaran (hope name spelt right) in the thread on Fiesta tuning/modifications. He has suggested staying away from filters that use oil for cleaning.

Check your filters & compare with what Bosch offers. It will help if you clean your filters more often - say every month. Tap the dust out regularly. Will even help you extend life of the OE filter, apart from helping it filter better.
Yes agree completely...Plan to stick with stock ones and will try and clean them every month

BTW what does BOSCH offer??
Old 8th December 2011, 21:04   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Bosch offers Stock Replacement filters & parts.
Old 26th December 2011, 00:02   #70
BHPian

photos of my friends ride .hope we have done awesome photo shoot.
Attached Thumbnails
Yet another modded Tata Safari!-5.jpg  

Yet another modded Tata Safari!-1.jpg  

Yet another modded Tata Safari!-2.jpg  

Yet another modded Tata Safari!-3.jpg  

Yet another modded Tata Safari!-4.jpg  

Yet another modded Tata Safari!-338407_2490426656090_1115436677_32285249_495345027_o.jpg  

syedhafeez is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 26th December 2011, 10:03   #71
BHPian

Sweet is an understatement for this majestic beast, lurking in the jungle searching for its prey...(oh my the safari made me a writer).

Great pics my friend.
Old 26th December 2011, 11:54   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They were done by pros @ Ostler in Cochin.

@raneesh - its RWD.
Jose , man i must say your ride looks killer .

Simple mods can give such a beautiful look to a cars, simply amazing .

Anyways i wanted to check , how much did they charge for getting the headlamps painted .

Cheers.
Old 29th December 2011, 09:15   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Jose , man i must say your ride looks killer .

Simple mods can give such a beautiful look to a cars, simply amazing .

Anyways i wanted to check , how much did they charge for getting the headlamps painted .

Cheers.
Thanks mate!

They charged 2k for the set.
Old 18th February 2012, 17:13   #74
Senior - BHPian

Re: Yet another modded Safari!

Quote:
The Spider ECU is quite new: I've driven some 1300 Kms so far; its on the second of 5 settings available- progressing from passive to undriveable. In the current setting; low-end torque is better, can drive one gear higher in almost all scenarios and there is a 1+ Kmpl increase in mileage. I plan to try K&N replacement filter to see if things can improve. ( it's never too much!)
Hi Josepeter,

Thats a very neat looking Safari. Very tastefully done.

Can you share more information about the Spider Tuning box in your Safari. Im planning a major modification for my 2.2 Safari 4x4 and am debating if I should go for a tuning box(one of the mods), now that my vehicle is be out of warranty in a month.

Few questions:
1. Are you still using the tuning box and how many Kms done so far with the tuning box in place?
2. Have you had, or are you facing any mechanical issues after installing the tuning box caused due to the tuning box ?
3. Any problems with the turbo, HP fuel lines, injectors, EGR valves, etc so far..?
4. Between 1&5, what setting do you use on the tuning box mostly?
5. Any negative comments or issues that you have about the tuning box or its application in the Safari?
6. Does anyone offer a ECU remap for the 2.2 Safari, and is it reliable and/or tested?

Regards,
Jay
Old 19th February 2012, 13:12   #75
BHPian

Re: Yet another modded Safari!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
Hi Josepeter,

Thats a very neat looking Safari. Very tastefully done.

Can you share more information about the Spider Tuning box in your Safari. Im planning a major modification for my 2.2 Safari 4x4 and am debating if I should go for a tuning box(one of the mods), now that my vehicle is be out of warranty in a month.

Few questions:
1. Are you still using the tuning box and how many Kms done so far with the tuning box in place?
2. Have you had, or are you facing any mechanical issues after installing the tuning box caused due to the tuning box ?
3. Any problems with the turbo, HP fuel lines, injectors, EGR valves, etc so far..?
5. Any negative comments or issues that you have about the tuning box or its application in the Safari?
6. Does anyone offer a ECU remap for the 2.2 Safari, and is it reliable and/or tested?

Regards,
Jay

Yes; I have done ~ 10K with the box.

None

None

Im stuck to 2: Love the pick-up; lesser lag and mileage.

None

RD offers a remap...heard its quite wild!

Also don't worry about warranty; you can detach the tuning box when you go in for service and they'll never find out!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks