Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2018, 14:29   #106
BHPian

Re: Dashboard Polish - Is it worth ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prateek19 View Post
Can anyone tell me the difference between dashboard protector and dashboard polish? I saw moto max dashboard protector and polish yesterday. Bought the polish and applied it on the dash and door panels. Will see the durability in coming days. But want to know about the dashboard protector thing. Both bottles had same description on them.
The protector would have something in it that reduces UV damage on the plastic components. Between the two I'd pick that. How is the motomax polish?
Roy.S is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2018, 15:10   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy.S View Post
The protector would have something in it that reduces UV damage on the plastic components. Between the two I'd pick that. How is the motomax polish?
The polish was applied yesterday, it is looking good today. It is liquid polish and transparent in colour without much viscosity. Hence easy to apply. A small foam is also supplied in the box for appliacation.
Both had same description and both mentioned UV protection thats why I went for polish. I am unable to upload the images here but you can google both of them and can see the products.
Prateek19 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2018, 21:59   #108
BHPian

Quote:
The polish was applied yesterday, it is looking good today. It is liquid polish and transparent in colour without much viscosity. Hence easy to apply. A small foam is also supplied in the box for appliacation.
Both had same description and both mentioned UV protection thats why I went for polish. I am unable to upload the images here but you can google both of them and can see the products.
For me polish has never been good. The ones that detailers use, used to give me headache due to sun glare. I got the UV protectant from Armorall. It gives you the matte finish & best of all no lint. No matter how dusty roads I travel, no lint or dust layer on dash. Even if there is, just one wipe with normal dry tissue & it's back to it's glory. I apply about Rs.2 coin size or the squeeze bottle cap size & it lasts about 2 months of heavy duty sunshine.
prithm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2018, 22:12   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithm View Post
I got the UV protectant from Armorall.
Can you tell exactly which product you are using. Maybe you can help by sharing a link of the product. From where you got the product, shop? Online?
Old 14th March 2018, 10:43   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Can you tell exactly which product you are using. Maybe you can help by sharing a link of the product. From where you got the product, shop? Online?
Armorall Protectant
prithm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2018, 15:27   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Can anyone tell me the difference between dashboard protector and dashboard polish? I saw moto max dashboard protector and polish yesterday. Bought the polish and applied it on the dash and door panels. Will see the durability in coming days. But want to know about the dashboard protector thing. Both bottles had same description on them.
I believe you need to apply polish first and then protector. This may be similar to Polish and wax for painted surfaces where polish is used to restore gloss and wax is to protect from external elements such as UV rays, dirt, water etc.

Polish will restore the colour of the plastic. Protector will protect the plastic from turning it to light colour from sun's UV rays.

On the other hand, I am using Chemical guys VRP. It does not produce glossy surface and the chemical smell is very light and pleasant.
amvj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2018, 19:52   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Thought I should show you live example. I cleaned my dash about 3 weeks back. Used the car in fairly dusty roads. Haven't cleaned or touched it since then.

It does not dry in patchy spots due to long exposure to sun & heat. Maintains that uniform look.

Dashboard Polish - Is it worth ?-img_20180318_123053.jpg

Dashboard Polish - Is it worth ?-img_20180318_115933.jpg
prithm is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks