Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2009, 00:22   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
i have been using waxpol since 5 years. the dash has remained as good as new and not even faded a bit.
Are you sure? Maybe you should look at the surface after the polish has been removed. It may be that the fading is just being masked with the gloss and not actually prevented.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Well i really love dashboard polishes, i have been using a not so known brand for past 5-6 years, Petrowax dashboard polish
Used it on my Santro, Esteem and now Linea. Really love the shine, it even lasts long. Here are some pics to show you :

All my car care products, silly place to keep
Attachment 156190
You keep them in the boot?? Thats the last place you sould be keeping such things! The temp there soars, esp. in winters and the heat will very likely degrade the products.
Old 9th July 2009, 01:12   #47
Senior - BHPian

i dont know if armorall is available in india or not, its the best dashboard polish which is non-greasy/sticky and shiny and offers best UV protection there is!

i would recommend 3M, Meguiar's along with Armorall for DIY car care products!

to make a dashboard shiny and clean, one can use a normal liquid soap and spong to clean it (thats what most of the NON UV dashboard polishes do!. BUT a UV protection is required to protect it from fading and cracking up!
Old 9th July 2009, 08:37   #48
BHPian

Armorall available at EVO plenty. I am using it, next am gonna try the Turtle Wax protectant.
Old 9th July 2009, 10:19   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Are you sure? Maybe you should look at the surface after the polish has been removed. It may be that the fading is just being masked with the gloss and not actually prevented.
will have to check. but every time i polish i clean the interiors first with colin. i dint see any fading.
infact i also used it on my bikes speedo console and other plastic parts. they have also not faded.
Old 9th July 2009, 14:25   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Could you give more details on Formula 1 Scratch Out?! I have it with me, but have never used it. How do you use it and on what surfaces?!

First i take a "banyan" which i find good for this purpose. Spread some Scratchout solution on the cloth and rub it all over the scratch. Wait for it to dry to a haze and then buff off with other side of cloth.
Its not much of a use, it removes very very light scratches like those of caused by wrist watches having metal chains.

I tried using it on a black surface and honestly found no difference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
You keep them in the boot?? Thats the last place you sould be keeping such things! The temp there soars, esp. in winters and the heat will very likely degrade the products.
Well all products are under a boot cover. Whenever i took them out, they were at normal temp. Will remove them if you say,
Old 9th July 2009, 15:13   #51
BANNED

After a few years the surface looks a bit aged with the colour tending to fade. I find dashboard polish restores the surface looks and it looks far fresher. I tend to use this once or twice a year.
Old 10th July 2009, 13:01   #52
BHPian

Time & time again , i have to advise everyone who asks me this same Question of my dashboard shining like new in all our cars , i use cherry blossom neutral polish , dont laugh , try it you will be amazed at the look .
passion4cars is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2009, 13:31   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by passion4cars View Post
Time & time again , i have to advise everyone who asks me this same Question of my dashboard shining like new in all our cars , i use cherry blossom neutral polish , dont laugh , try it you will be amazed at the look .
Liquid or plain? and whats the correct method of applying it?
Old 10th July 2009, 15:18   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by passion4cars View Post
i once used the neutral shoe polish on the rubber beading of the doors, and windscreens, it doesnt attract dirt as amorall does!
Old 10th July 2009, 17:00   #55
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
i once used the neutral shoe polish on the rubber beading of the doors, and windscreens, it doesnt attract dirt as amorall does!
This is interesting. Was it a paste (tin) or liquid one?
Old 10th July 2009, 18:29   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
This is interesting. Was it a paste (tin) or liquid one?
well to be honest, i used to apply amorall on all my car's rubber and plastic parts exposed to UV light in the harsh climate of middle east.

after few days all the rubber and plastic parts like wipers would attract dirt! it took me few months to understand that armorall was the culprit!

anyway one day before a meeting i was getting out of my car and as usuall i made sure my shoes were clear and shiny, so i applied the neutral polish sponge on my shoes, which i usually keep in my car. so i thought if i can apply them on my shoes, lets give it a try on the rubber parts.

so thats how i ended up using the neutral polish on my wipers and other rubber beading and they shone like new parts and never attracted any dirt or sand after that!
Old 10th July 2009, 21:54   #57
BHPian

How do I restore the black colour of fibre parts like bumper?
Old 10th July 2009, 22:49   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilagdr View Post
black fibre parts loose the colour by exposure to the UV rays of the sun. if they have lost the colour and have faded, you just have to get them painted, no other option!
Old 11th July 2009, 00:00   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilagdr View Post
Just try one of the better products mentioned above for plastics/vinyl. Even if its faded, it will look like new.
Old 11th July 2009, 21:00   #60
BHPian

Thanks for the info.

Most Viewed