Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2012, 22:37   #76
BHPian

Re: Dashboard Polish - Is it worth ?

Reviving this old thread.

Bought Formula 1 High Performance Protectant (hoping its original) along with Waxpol Leather and Vinyl Polish. Will use the F1 for interiors (Matt Finish) of my civic and Waxpol for the exterior rubber beadings, plastics and any other area where it can be applied on exterior. Reason for using Waxpol on exterior is because of the mildly pungent smell (cannot call it a fragrance) and its cheaper so will apply them liberally on the exterior.

Also bought a car perfume which has a very strong smell and will require just 4-5 sprays max for the entire car to smell fresh. Bought the lemon fragrance, I hope the smell remains for a week at least after spraying it once. Can states 550 sprays from this small can, doubt it, but still happy with it considering I got it for only Rs. 120/-

Suggestions welcome.
Attached Thumbnails
Dashboard Polish - Is it worth ?-dsc01825.jpg  

Dashboard Polish - Is it worth ?-dsc01826.jpg  

Dashboard Polish - Is it worth ?-dsc01839.jpg  

Dashboard Polish - Is it worth ?-dsc01840.jpg  

Old 3rd December 2012, 19:15   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek5870
Reviving this old thread.

Bought Formula 1 High Performance Protectant (hoping its original) along with Waxpol Leather and Vinyl Polish. Will use the F1 for interiors (Matt Finish) of my civic and Waxpol for the exterior rubber beadings, plastics and any other area where it can be applied on exterior. Reason for using Waxpol on exterior is because of the mildly pungent smell (cannot call it a fragrance) and its cheaper so will apply them liberally on the exterior.

Also bought a car perfume which has a very strong smell and will require just 4-5 sprays max for the entire car to smell fresh. Bought the lemon fragrance, I hope the smell remains for a week at least after spraying it once. Can states 550 sprays from this small can, doubt it, but still happy with it considering I got it for only Rs. 120/-

Suggestions welcome.
Be very careful with the formula 1 protectant . Never allow it to come in contact with any glass or transparent plastic. It Will create spots which can not be removed at all. Telling it by personal experience.

Also try to stay away from formula 1 products except for the tyre and wheel care products. They are crappy. When you have so many good options out there why settle with with this?
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2012, 20:36   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
When you have so many good options out there why settle with with this?
Hey, could you suggest me a good quality polish? I'm not too keen on the F1 stuff as well. I bought a strawberry flavored one on a whim. Smelt exactly like puke! Or strawberry milk gone bad. Whichever. lol..

I keep seeing a brand called MotoMax at hypercity. Is that good?

What brand does Hyundai use? I'm sure some el cheapo stuff from large containers..
Old 3rd December 2012, 20:58   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassem View Post
Hey, could you suggest me a good quality polish? I'm not too keen on the F1 stuff as well. I bought a strawberry flavored one on a whim. Smelt exactly like puke! Or strawberry milk gone bad. Whichever. lol..

I keep seeing a brand called MotoMax at hypercity. Is that good?

What brand does Hyundai use? I'm sure some el cheapo stuff from large containers..
Sonax cockpit spray is the BEST! costly. But good things dont come cheap!
I like a matt finish to my dashboard so i use polish sparingly. If you are having difficulty procuring the sonax then you can always get Meguiars natural shine one at 3M stores. As good as Sonax!

Hyundai uses some locally made stuff which will harm the dashbiard in the long run! I specifically ask them not to apply interior polish when i give for service!
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2012, 21:02   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Sonax cockpit spray is the BEST! costly. But good things dont come cheap!
I like a matt finish to my dashboard so i use polish sparingly. If you are having difficulty procuring the sonax then you can always get Meguiars natural shine one at 3M stores. As good as Sonax!
I think I've seen Sonax. Can't remember where though. But should be able to buy Meguiars from HSR 3M.

I prefer matt as well. But hate it when a light film of dust accumulates over the dash. I never drive with the windows down. Even with that it gets dusty in just a couple of weeks.

Thanks a lot!

Last edited by Tassem : 3rd December 2012 at 21:18.
Old 6th December 2012, 11:48   #81
BHPian

Guys,

My dad's Indigo (petrol) had some dashboard polish done quite sometime back. Now it has become a dust magnet & the polish layer is THICK!
I tried removing it with 'Colin' but to no avail. Rubbing hard with a semi-rough cloth seems to remove some of this stuff. He has been told that it cannot be removed. Any ideas?

Can i use petrol sparingly (on a cloth) to remove it?

Here are the pics:
Attached Thumbnails
Dashboard Polish - Is it worth ?-dsc01315-large.jpg  

Dashboard Polish - Is it worth ?-dsc01316-large.jpg  

Dashboard Polish - Is it worth ?-dsc01319-large.jpg  

Last edited by 1self : 6th December 2012 at 11:51.
Old 6th December 2012, 13:49   #82
Senior - BHPian

Try wiping it down with isopropyl alcohol (spirit) but follow it up with a good protectant of your own. Armor all should be easily available and is much better than Formula 1
Mortis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2012, 14:37   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

I use 3M Ultimate dresser for all plastic parts. Excellent value for money and does give a deep finish. Moreover it has a pleasant smell and the cost of the can of around 250 ml is Rs. 150. This is the same thing used at 3M car care and due to the low cost, I use it quite liberally. Aerosol sprays can become messy, especially when you use it near glass windows or windshields.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2012, 07:27   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
Try wiping it down with isopropyl alcohol (spirit) but follow it up with a good protectant of your own.
Mortis, thanks amigo! Isopropyl alcohol REALLY removed ALL the gunk & dirt on the Indigo dashboard. It's simply awesome! The dashboard looks new now! This solved a problem that has been festering for a few years now!
Old 15th December 2012, 18:10   #85
Senior - BHPian

Happy to have helped ! I hope you have treated it with a protectant afterwards because the alcohol can be a bit drying
Old 16th December 2012, 09:57   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
Happy to have helped ! I hope you have treated it with a protectant afterwards because the alcohol can be a bit drying
Yes, I applied Armour all, the next day.
Old 16th December 2012, 17:18   #87
Senior - BHPian

Great that will help keeping it in good shape
Old 16th December 2012, 17:57   #88
Team-BHP Support

Using Amway Leather & Vinyl cleaner on plastics in the Car & Bike. Result isn't exemplary, but decent enough.
Old 6th March 2014, 12:31   #89
BHPian

I've been using the Vista's Dashboard Polish on my 3rd gen Swift for more than 2 years now.
It's not that complicated, nor harmful. Good on shine and the shine stays for long.

Dashboard Polish - Is it worth ?-vista-dashboardpolish.jpg

Gives a solid wet look. People stepping in my car start the conversation by asking how come the car is so new?!
I use it for the following:
1. Dashboard, doors (from inside of course), steering wheel, gear-knob.
2. Front grille and the black covering around fog-lamps.

I usually pick them up from local Autoshops as I don't find them online.
Old 11th January 2015, 20:13   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnu-man View Post
I've been using the Vista's Dashboard Polish on my 3rd gen Swift for more than 2 years now.
It's not that complicated, nor harmful. Good on shine and the shine stays for long.

Gives a solid wet look. People stepping in my car start the conversation by asking how come the car is so new?!
I use it for the following:
1. Dashboard, doors (from inside of course), steering wheel, gear-knob.
2. Front grille and the black covering around fog-lamps.

I usually pick them up from local Autoshops as I don't find them online.
Vishnu, can you help me with the best way to use/apply this? Whats' the application procedure you use?

I have the same thing but not able to get very good results.

Thanks a lot!

Most Viewed