Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2011, 13:20   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Gifted our baby i20 Diesel Asta 5 speed a Race Dynamics Dieseltronics

Waiting for your detailed review before buying one of my own.
Old 18th November 2011, 13:43   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkat View Post
Thanks , but how is it possible to get firmer suspension setup ? would have really loved to possess it and also not so sure about the cost impact plus options
There is this somewhat famous i20 CRDi in Cochin which had the firmer setup. I do not have personal experience with this car, and hence cannot comment how effective the mod was! You can get the details from the cochin gang/ Modified cars in kerala thread.

Here is the car listed in classifieds section. Its a beauty!

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...ndai/i20.html/
Old 18th November 2011, 13:51   #18
BHPian

Hi,
I am really waiting for my extended warranty to expire on my i20 crdi asta (O) which will expire on 13th july 2012 and beyond which there is no more extended warranty. Once it expires I will also definetely get one installed on my car.

Why I am so concerned about my extended warranty is cos my airbag control module went kaput and it costs about 25K and the front left strut went kaput which costs about 12K. So if i alter my car for performance I will not be able to may any warranty claims.

Definetely the i20 needs a stiffer suspension setup as recommended by many fellow bhp ians. Even I dont have any idea as to how to get it done and how much would it definetely cost me. Maybe Koni struts and stiffer coil springs will do the job for the front suspension. I dont know much about the rear setup though which definetely will need stiffer suspension. Anybody who has got done a suspension stiffening job on the i20 or having a proper idea can surely through some light on the subject. The actual cost with the suggestion of a good place to get it done will be great.

By the way I dont have an idea as to why does to tuning box cost so much. What are the components that go into making them and are there no less expensive tuning boxes say for about 5-10 k.

regards.

Patil.
Old 18th November 2011, 15:40   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats - you've made a fast car faster! You might want to upgrade other bits of the car to be able to do justice to this added power.
Old 18th November 2011, 20:42   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Congrats - you've made a fast car faster! You might want to upgrade other bits of the car to be able to do justice to this added power.
Hi Themag ;

Pls suggest if you have anything on your mind which will not nullify the car's warranty as the tuning box is a plug and play device which can be removed safely before giving it to service
Old 30th November 2011, 19:21   #21
BHPian

Hi All ;

Wanted to post some quick updates on the box , mileage seems to have improved by about 1 km/ltr getting 15.5kms/ltr I know that it is too early to comment as the engine has only done about 4K on Odometer, the drive is less tiring also the fact that every day I drive for about 75kms through the heart of the city needs to be considered all in all quite happy with the box's performance , waiting for the long trip ahead in December when I will take out our baby for a nice long drive to my birthplace i.e. Mumbai after a span of almost 10yrs , planning to visit Kolhapur , Mahalaxmi temple enroute dying to savour the tambda & pandhara rasa which is the region's specialty for those of who are non-veggies , pls pardon me my veggie friends want to also do the AshtaVinayaka in and around Pune , Shirdi and Shani Shingnapur , pals if you can suggest anything else it would be more than welcome , since it is in a season that we are going we cannot afford to visit Mahabaleswar as it will be a costly affair , planning to do about 12-13 days trip out to Maharashtra though originally we also wanted to go to Sawantwadi / Ratnagiri but that plan has dropped out.Will post few more updates later as the car opens up
Old 1st December 2011, 11:46   #22
Senior - BHPian

Hey kkat congrats on your Car and the Box that you have piled on. Mileage figures are still quite impressive for a new car I guess. Looking forward for your report on the performance and mileage post your long drive planned.

Cannot PM you at the moment since you need to complete a certain number of posts and hence posting it here.
Can you please give a breakup of the price for Magna CRDI in Bangalore now. I know there are not many or no discounts but a breakup should help a lot. Also, with a slight improvement in power and torque after the Box, how do the breaks perform in emergency situations or after a long drive ?

Appreciate your unput.
Old 1st December 2011, 12:03   #23
BHPian

hey Kkat! Congratulations on your buy! The RD Dieseltronic box is a fantastic kit.
In fact, I just posted how awesome that kit is a few minuets ago on a different thread.
Have you found any FE gains in P1 mode?

I have sort of reviewed the kit in my post here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ck-pg-2-a.html

Note to mods : I'm not sure if pasting links of this type are permitted. In case they are not, I'm sorry, you can take this post down.

Cheers
Old 1st December 2011, 16:31   #24
BHPian

I came across the advt. of this product in this months' Overdrive (Page- 195).. I was about to place a query in this forum when I saw this thread..
Gr8 to know about the initial review from kkat! Really interesting discussion..
I own a New Fabia TDI since 13 months, have done 22+k kms of happy driving.. Would certainly like to add some extra horses to it! But with Skoda, warranty is the first thing I have to take care of! Anyways, keeping an eye on some more inputs by fellow BHPians before making any decision.
Old 1st December 2011, 20:29   #25
BHPian

Dr Vikas;

Pls go ahead its a plug and play device , you A.S.S. will not even have any hint of it on their G scan just remove it before service it is all do it yourself, regarding Fabia diesel it was my dream car had taken a long test drive but it eventually lost out because of 1.2l engine, you will really love the response of the engine in P1 setting , including your milieage should definitely improve as Fabia ride dynamics are fantastic , you turbolag will definitely improve and you will find yourself cruising on higher gears which till now you could only dream on a 1.2l pot.Other bhpians any views on RD on a Fabia
kkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2011, 19:28   #26
BHPian

[quote=Vik0728;2595739]Hey kkat congrats on your Car and the Box that you have piled on. Mileage figures are still quite impressive for a new car I guess. Looking forward for your report on the performance and mileage post your long drive planned.

I am not sure of Magna , but I own a ASTA model all put together it cost me 8.55 on road plus some of the accessories like side and front sunfilms , only speaker upgrades to Cerwin Vega brand with the tuning box came to 52K, by the way fellow bhpians can you share what sort of mileage you all are getting so that we can start really comparing the box's gains , pls post
Old 26th December 2011, 17:07   #27
BHPian

Meanwhile, what oil do you use and its interval, Meanwhile i have heard that petes box is old system of tweaking ala Fueling method (like elantra petes box) rather than rail pressure as in case of RD Ecu. any idea on that?
Old 2nd January 2012, 19:51   #28
BHPian

Hi ;

Post long drive into Pune from B'lore , during this time I used a mixture of economy mode and sometimes P1 mode it returned a mileage of 17km/ltr for 850kms stretch , in between hired a local Pune driver to do a 2 day trip to Ashtavinayak , Shirdi and Shani Shingnapur total distance covered 950kms before reaching Mumbai I got a mileage of 19.3Kms/ltr , he never exceeded 100Kms/hr rarely touching 120kms/hr and that too on short sprints though I have not been able to touch those figures since his secret was never overdo the car and was very smooth in his driving style , more over I found out that he used to rev the car in 3rd gear and after that directly switched over to 5th gear may be that was doing the trick over all loved the drive back to B'lore from Mumbai , the I20 Rocks with dieseltronics
Old 2nd July 2012, 12:00   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkat View Post
Hi ;

Post long drive into Pune from B'lore , during this time I used a mixture of economy mode and sometimes P1 mode it returned a mileage of 17km/ltr for 850kms stretch , in between hired a local Pune driver to do a 2 day trip to Ashtavinayak , Shirdi and Shani Shingnapur total distance covered 950kms before reaching Mumbai I got a mileage of 19.3Kms/ltr , he never exceeded 100Kms/hr rarely touching 120kms/hr and that too on short sprints though I have not been able to touch those figures since his secret was never overdo the car and was very smooth in his driving style , more over I found out that he used to rev the car in 3rd gear and after that directly switched over to 5th gear may be that was doing the trick over all loved the drive back to B'lore from Mumbai , the I20 Rocks with dieseltronics
Any updates on how the car is doing? I am interested in getting one for my car too.
Old 17th July 2012, 23:29   #30
BHPian

I have been getting 17.1km/ltr avg on last 2 tank fulls , also to be noted I am driving quite sedately no hard rushing

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks