Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2011, 20:35   #1
BHPian

Gifted our baby i20 Diesel Asta 5 speed a Race Dynamics Dieseltronics

Yesterday I bought the famed RD tuning box called popularly as Dieseltronics cost 19K grand , today as usual did my office trip which is located at south B'lore, wow really appreciate on how much the turbo lag has decreased , this box has 4 options 1. Stock ECU mapping , 2. Economy mode with more refined engine performance and reduction in turbo spike 3. P1 for slight increase in power and torque delivery , 4. P2 for a phenomenal increase in power and delivery , though the they claim at upto 40% increase in torque & power in P2 mode but yet to test this on highways or nice road , gear shift in P1 mode has become very easy like earlier I used to downshift a lot , today in some stretches I could manage in 3 rd gear itself , the economy mode is expected to improve the mileage by upto 20% ,will wait and see the results.
Also found that I could manage sizeable speedbreakers on 2nd gear which earlier had to downshift to 1st gear , I have about 3K on the Odo reading till date. Will definitely post mileage results , as with stock ECU I am getting about 15Km/ltr. Fellow bhpians pls comment , I will post the pictures next week about the kit
kkat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th November 2011, 13:53   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Gifted our baby 120 Diesel Asta 5 speed with Race Dynamics Dieseltronics

Woah kkat congrats on your latest picks for the fastest Diesel hatch in the country.

19k is a pretty reasonble price I believe. Did this price include the installation and where did you get this done ?
Also, one of my friend was looking for a similar tuning box on his old Swift VDI. Is this Do-able ?

Please post a detailed review of your experience with this tuning box.

Drive Safe.
Old 16th November 2011, 14:02   #3
Team-BHP Support

Hot!

I believe you would have got the system with the remote? Fantastic thinking from RD, unlike Pete's for which the settings cannot be revered!

With a firmer suspension setup upgrade, you'll have a true hot hatch! Looking forward to more updates from your side? Was it easy to fix and remove?

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 16th November 2011 at 14:04.
Old 16th November 2011, 14:14   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkat View Post
Fellow bhpians pls comment , I will post the pictures next week about the kit
Congrats dude. Ideal car to get this installed. Kindly share the pics and video if that's possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Also, one of my friend was looking for a similar tuning box on his old Swift VDI. Is this Do-able ?
It's certainly do-able. My friend (fellow bhpian) got Race Chip for his Figo.I have plans of getting this for my Swift. Here's a picture of it.
Attached Thumbnails
Gifted our baby i20 Diesel Asta 5 speed a Race Dynamics Dieseltronics-untitled.jpg  

Old 17th November 2011, 12:29   #5
BHPian

Re: Gifted our baby i20 Diesel Asta 5 speed a Race Dynamics Dieseltronics

Quote:
Also found that I could manage sizeable speedbreakers on 2nd gear which earlier had to downshift to 1st gear , I have about 3K on the Odo reading till date.
I'm not sure if its just plug an play kind of device, but isn't it affect your warranty?
Old 17th November 2011, 12:37   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSpoke View Post
I'm not sure if its just plug an play kind of device, but isn't it affect your warranty?
Yes. If only...

They find out about it. You remove it before giving for service. A piggyback Ecu won't be picked up by scanners once its removed. Its a DIY process usually to instal and remove.
Old 17th November 2011, 13:35   #7
BHPian

Congrats on the tuning box, kkat!!

As crazy driver said, get a firmer suspension setup and the car will be SWEET!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
It's certainly do-able. My friend (fellow bhpian) got Race Chip for his Figo.I have plans of getting this for my Swift. Here's a picture of it.
You too, eh Naveen?? Damn, I've been wanting to test that Figo for a while.. At this rate mine will be the only car with a stock engine at our next TBHP meet!!
Old 17th November 2011, 13:45   #8
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on the new tuning box. 19K is pretty reasonable.

Keep updating this thread with your performance statistics. Also post about the complexity in installing it. Is it plug and play type? Is it available for 6-speed CRDi? The reason I asked is Pete's is not available for 6-speed gearbox.
Old 17th November 2011, 13:56   #9
BHPian

Wow!! This is fantastic!!

The details are as follows:
(Source : http://racedynamics.in/products/dieseltronic)

What is it?
The DieselTRONIC™ is a performance and economy enhancing engine control unit (ECU) – conventionally referred as Diesel Tuning Box – for vehicles that are powered by common rail diesel (CRDI) engines. Manufactured with automotive grade electronics, backed with patented technologies and advanced enhancements such as ADSL™ (Adaptive-Self Learning) that understands the driving style and adapts the maps to enhance and deliver just what you need, complemented with the options of 4 different maps that are switchable by remote-control on the fly, it’s a system that stands apart from everything else.

What makes it special?
  1. Designed, developed, manufactured and tuned In India
  2. ADSL™ Adaptive Self Learning technology that optimizes maps based on driving style
  3. Patented technology
  4. Plug-in Connectors – no wires are tampered with
  5. Water resistant
  6. Automotive grade components and connectors
  7. Universal application
DieselTRONIC PRO – 4 switchable maps
Wireless security-enabled remote to switch maps on the move
  • P2 – Higher Power
    • Increase power and torque off-peak up to 40% , peak up to 30%
  • P1 - Power and increased mileage
    • Increase mileage up to 25%
    • Increase power and torque up to 15%
    • Shift gears early
  • E – Economy map
    • Increase mileage up to 40%
    • Enhanced engine smoothness
    • Reduced turbo spike, more linear power delivery
  • S – Stock map,
    • Works just like original
For all Pune Guys it is available at :

Pune
Shreeji Enterprises – 9881727424
Bafna Cars – 9822348080
Motor Arts – 9860332787
Racer_X is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2011, 13:59   #10
BHPian

Congrats. Pls post your learnings out of this. Eager to understand if it will fit my 6 speeder as well.
Photos, Videos welcome. Have a safe drive.
Old 17th November 2011, 15:03   #11
Senior - BHPian

i just have few questions:

1. does it work on the principle of just altering the rail pressure or both rail pressure + turbo boost?

2. in the stock ecu mode does it work as just factory ecu or still alters the map?
Old 17th November 2011, 17:17   #12
BHPian

Congrats dude! Please post some performance statistics.

Any idea where this might be available in Bangalore? Planning to fix one to my Verna CRDI.
Old 17th November 2011, 19:53   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr_ans View Post
Congrats dude! Please post some performance statistics.

Any idea where this might be available in Bangalore? Planning to fix one to my Verna CRDI.
, you can check with Street Beat in Forum mall above PVR Cinemas

Hi Speed Demon ;

Thanks , but how is it possible to get firmer suspension setup ? would have really loved to possess it and also not so sure about the cost impact plus options

Hi All ;

The best part is it not any car specific like say I sell my car in 4-5 yrs time I can still keep it and get it remapped for the next car cost impact would be for software part and if at all the wire harness needs to be changed it will be charged , driving comfort has improved immensely I met the Race dynamics guy who said the first 2-3 tankfuls one should not look at mileage as that is the time when you try different settings and try to explore the box options.You should see the pull on 4th gear its amazing even in P1 mode , P2 mode the car becomes a rocket but needs to be handled carefully as the power is enormous , turbo lag is something of a history , overall I am enjoying the driveability , regarding stock setup yes the car performs just like stock ECU , the remote control system is worlds first , other tuning boxes like Red Rooster , Petes have a specific setting plus they have been designed and tuned outside india where the fuel is less pollutant , road conditions are far better , whereas this product has been designed tuned and manufactured in B'lore with fuel conditions of what they are in Bangalore etc , after sales is also based from B'lore , the most beautiful part is when you are tired put it to P2 settings where the in gear shift will become minimum and you will still enjoy driving.

Last edited by aah78 : 17th November 2011 at 21:46. Reason: Posts merged.
kkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2011, 10:49   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed.Demon View Post

You too, eh Naveen?? Damn, I've been wanting to test that Figo for a while.. At this rate mine will be the only car with a stock engine at our next TBHP meet!!
I just have plans but not considering this right away. Waiting for funds. If you can help me on that then I shall install it right away
Old 18th November 2011, 11:07   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Awesome Naveen, my friend in not a Tbhp member yet, but Im sure this information should help him a lot in his quest for a Tuning box on his VDI.

Quote:
Hi All ;

The best part is it not any car specific like say I sell my car in 4-5 yrs time I can still keep it and get it remapped for the next car cost impact would be for software part and if at all the wire harness needs to be changed it will be charged , driving comfort has improved immensely I met the Race dynamics guy who said the first 2-3 tankfuls one should not look at mileage as that is the time when you try different settings and try to explore the box options.You should see the pull on 4th gear its amazing even in P1 mode , P2 mode the car becomes a rocket but needs to be handled carefully as the power is enormous , turbo lag is something of a history , overall I am enjoying the driveability , regarding stock setup yes the car performs just like stock ECU , the remote control system is worlds first , other tuning boxes like Red Rooster , Petes have a specific setting plus they have been designed and tuned outside india where the fuel is less pollutant , road conditions are far better , whereas this product has been designed tuned and manufactured in B'lore with fuel conditions of what they are in Bangalore etc , after sales is also based from B'lore , the most beautiful part is when you are tired put it to P2 settings where the in gear shift will become minimum and you will still enjoy driving.
kkat I can only say 2 things buddy. First, congrats on the tuning box and you seem to have pumped & pimped I20's (Crdi) personality by a Notch or two.
Secondly, you might be flooded with PM's from few of the CRDI's owners now!!!

Drive Safe.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks