Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2006, 21:48   #31
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone see a blend of 2 cars in the RR design?? The back looks like its been taken from the Nissan 350Z...
Old 11th June 2006, 13:23   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
Rolls are very particular. BMW do not own the RR Brand, they pay a royalty to RR (which is now an aerospace company) who own the brand and one of the caveats is that the car must be worthy of it's name.
ajmat

I thought BMW owned the RR brand, while VW owns the RR plant and the Bentley brand...are you sure this is royalty based?

This is what google returned:

http://www.carlist.com/autonews/2005/autonews_149.html
Old 11th June 2006, 19:40   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
ajmat

I thought BMW owned the RR brand, while VW owns the RR plant and the Bentley brand...are you sure this is royalty based?

This is what google returned:

http://www.carlist.com/autonews/2005/autonews_149.html

BMW have the rights of usage - no idea of terms and conditions

http://www.thecarconnection.com/Auto...175.A1895.html
Old 19th August 2006, 22:28   #34
BHPian

DC's new ROLLS ROYCE venture!!

Todays Bombay times newspaper read at the bottom , the astonishingly new sighting of a Rolls Royce in London.

The Rolls Royce Office was bombarded with calls asking them about their new Launch after the Phantom.How we wish it was!!??

It was another terrific remake of an old Rolls Royce into a new eye catching phenomena which has been a trademark of Dilip Chabria.
This one was made for a guy in London who wanted to catch peoples attention I guess!

The rear end of the car resembles more like the rear of that of Porsche Coupe, It comes really close to it.

The front however hasnt been subjected to any change except for the lights which I think has been taken off from beemers or even a close call to that of BMW. And the extension of the front makes a good statement.The job's been done well.

The alloys I think are pretty big for its proportion, Probably it suits more to a Hip hop kinda public in London.

Overall,I think its been done in a very creative manner.From an old Rolls Royce to a shiny New Era kind of a car which wants to establish itself into the new segment of beautifying classic cars.

Whats your take on it guys?

Thread Merged

Last edited by adya33 : 19th August 2006 at 23:20.
Old 20th August 2006, 03:24   #35
elf
BANNED

I think the car should officially be classified as a U-POS - Ugly Piece of S**t.

Looks like DC's smoking bad, bad weed man.

And that NRI dude in London who commissioned the car should've looked for somebody better in England, rather than have the *** of a Porsche welded to the front of his Rolls in India for 50 bucks!

Dumb NRI, dumb DC, dumb, dumb, dumdums!

Last edited by elf : 20th August 2006 at 03:26.
Old 20th August 2006, 07:27   #36
BHPian

@Elf : I Agree.

This is the ugliest remake of an RR I have ever seen.

Look at the front...Looks so aggressive...Is that what RR is about? With the front end of an RR, how can the rear turn out such? And look at those wheels. Off the hook man, and it doesn't even match. Imagine mixing aggressive looks, with a coupe-like rear, and bling-bling wheels.

Wonder how people can like it.
Old 20th August 2006, 11:04   #37
BANNED

Bombay Times "news" is all bought and paid for...in this case DC paid for the article. You can guess for yourself how much of it is actually true.

The calls from London were probably angry Brits calling up the RR office and giving maa-behen ki gaalis.
Old 20th August 2006, 18:43   #38
Senior - BHPian

The car is horrid and there is no doubt about that!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Shiva
The calls from London were probably angry Brits calling up the RR office and giving maa-behen ki gaalis.
HAHAHA So true
Old 21st August 2006, 09:57   #39
BHPian

DC's cars are some of the most ugly looking things on wheels in my opinion. The same thing was felt by one of guys I met in UK working for Jaguar (now owned by Ford) in their Body department on Clay modelling. What he feels is exactly what many people have articulated here that DC has some really good guys working for him but he himself lacks that 'something' that good designers have.

DC will remain what he is as long as he has a large 'bling' clientele. After all customisers reflect their clientele. Just imagine what would have happened if DC was customising in say Pakistan. Imagine the bling he would have done seeing all those overdecked trucks
Old 21st August 2006, 15:16   #40
Senior - BHPian

Bechara Rolls......

If the owner's actual intention was to garner attention, well....he's got it...

DC did do some nice cars like the Aston, but this....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks