Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2013, 14:11   #256
BHPian

Re: PICS : Carbon fibre (vinyl sticker) bonnet for the Ford Figo and Wagon R

Quote:
Originally Posted by nipcarlover View Post
Not related to wrapping with vinyl, but for the dogs part, you could just get a sturdy car cover, no? Much easier and more convenient than getting the car wrapped.
I'd say, get some of the 3M paint protection films or something like that.
Nipcar, I have quite erratic office timings, and putting a cover on xuv and taking off is a mammoth task to be undertaken every night. Also, I have tried that on my previous accent, the cover being put and removed daily resulted in even more scratches and swirl marks.

Covers unless out very carefully and used sporadically are not useful.

3M films is much the same concept as a wrap right? wrap also gives an added advantage of transforming the looks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
A polish treatment may make the Bonnet too slippery for the Dogs. - You could try that.

Alternatively a 3D CF film shield over the bonnet may actually not be too appealing to the dogs and they may decide to skip you vehicle going ahead.
Polish!! it lasts for a day or two, then I am back to square one, and sometimes that means that the dogs dig deeper to make the climb (deeper scratches).

I should research a bit in dog psyche to see what will put them off from my car
Old 26th October 2013, 16:03   #257
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Just my two cents.
@audioholic - after going through this thread, I am surprised that you haven't posted anything in a few months I have a 4 year old WagonR with many a scratch thanks to Bangalore traffic and am seriously contemplating Vinyl or CF to make the car look better.
Can you suggest shops in bangalore where I can explore CF/Vinyls and someone skilled at applying it?
Old 26th October 2013, 19:55   #258
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Can you suggest shops in bangalore where I can explore CF/Vinyls and someone skilled at applying it?
Had holidays back then and after college started there was not much done, especially to the car. Now that holidays are starting, there will be something big but that is again to the Dio. I like my cars free of stickers or scratches and sincerely top it up with a good wax every month(except for Tbhp stickers). Hence the cars never got any stickers or so.

Frankly, any vinyl is not really meant for covering up scratches and dents. It can make them look even worse. Hence how suitable it is I am not sure.

3M is an option but as VFM they are when it comes to car detailing, they are equally non VFM when it comes to stickering as I believe that the costs are similar to that of repainting per unit area. Even the best quality vinyl costs way less than what 3M charges. So that is left to you. To give you an idea according to a thread 3M charges 550/sft plus tax for CF job. For the B pillars it will take around 2sft which will cost you 1200. When I did the B-pillars myself I vaguely remember using 2sft and paying 100 bucks for it. Speaking about quality, the vinyl I used was removed and reapplied after some guy tried to rip it out and neither did it leave glue deposits nor did it rip the paint off. So for me, job done.

Apart from that most stickering shops can do the job but it depends upon what you want. Hence look around nearby and also check the quality of the film they use. Never go for any reflective type sticker as they will be a mess to remove.

Last edited by audioholic : 26th October 2013 at 20:04.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2014, 09:19   #259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 599gto View Post
Bhandari auto on JM road, as suggested by Swanand Inamdar,
I went to this outlet last month.
After several follow ups - he confirmed that CF vinyl was in stock.
After driving all the way from Kharadi to JM Road, he told me yes it is in stock and when the vinyl was brought down, it was not CF Vinyl and was some Cobra imprint.

I was mad but choose not to vent it at him and left the store.
Old 10th September 2014, 16:07   #260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
I went to this outlet last month.
After several follow ups - he confirmed that CF vinyl was in stock.
After driving all the way from Kharadi to JM Road, he told me yes it is in stock and when the vinyl was brought down, it was not CF Vinyl and was some Cobra imprint.

I was mad but choose not to vent it at him and left the store.
3M now has multiple options for high quality vinyls available at most outlets. That includes 3 colours for the CF type vinyl. Also Bafna Cars on Ghole road has a variety of body wraps available. Not sure about CF though. 3M is your best bet i would say!
Old 29th October 2014, 17:56   #261
Senior - BHPian

Quick question: How much would it cost for the entire XUV roof to be covered in vinyl? Is around Rs. 4000-5000 range too high?
Old 29th October 2014, 18:39   #262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Quick question: How much would it cost for the entire XUV roof to be covered in vinyl? Is around Rs. 4000-5000 range too high?
If you are looking at 3M then it is quite low. I got a quote of 11,000 for my CRV hood (3M matt black). A roof should be a larger surface area.
Fullrevs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2014, 18:42   #263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
If you are looking at 3M then it is quite low. I got a quote of 11,000 for my CRV hood (3M matt black). A roof should be a larger surface area.
This is probably quote for Oracal.
Old 6th September 2015, 17:34   #264
BHPian

I was looking at sourcing 4D Glossy Carbon Fibre vinyl but couldn't come across any in Bangalore.
Any Info regarding this could be helpful.
Old 30th September 2015, 08:53   #265
Senior - BHPian

Folks

I plan to cover my Santro Xing's roof with black sticker. Any idea how much will it cost. Will this be useful in rejecting heat or will the car interior be much hotter??
Old 1st October 2015, 09:46   #266
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Folks

I plan to cover my Santro Xing's roof with black sticker. Any idea how much will it cost. Will this be useful in rejecting heat or will the car interior be much hotter??
It will become hotter since black colours absorb more heat than light colours. It will end up transferring more heat onto the roof metal and thereby heating up the car to a greater extent.

It should cost somewhere around 1000 if done with some generic brand and upwards of 4k if you go for 3M vinyl.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks