Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2011, 16:49   #16
Senior - BHPian

Good job on the Figo.

My two cents. http://www.carbonfiberfilm.com/

This website gives you ample information about the usage of the vinyl film. I have it on my phone back cover and it's awesome. However, I had once up it on that car and given that the car had its fair share of weather, it starts to look shabby after short duration of time.

Cheers!
Sn1p3r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2011, 18:23   #17
BHPian

Re: Carbon fibre (vinyl sticker) bonnet for the Ford Figo and Wagon R

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
You should be able to source them at a reputed accessory shop. You will find it online as well and won't be too expensive. It's a good DIY job, IMO. And Carbon-fiber is generally black (with a weave pattern) and that's what carbon-fiber looks like. If you mean, a different finish, like matte-aluminum, then I'm sure you'd get that too. But I'd rather powder-coat if I want different colours.
Can you direct me some web sites, where i can source these sheets. I saw a few listing on ebay india. Not sure about the price though. How does it looks in terms of pricing

3M
Old 5th December 2011, 18:38   #18
BHPian

In Bangalore there is a company in Malleshwaram, I forgot the name of the place (been a year since I bought some from them) that sold 3M Di-Noc CF vinyl.. It was expensive, at around 250/- per sqft. And then they stopped selling it to individuals. So now, anyone else know where in Bangalore 3M Di-Noc can be purchased, please share...
intoxicangel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2011, 13:58   #19
BHPian

We will be checking this parameter over a period of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Neat job there!

I like it how you've controlled the decals and not overdone it; neither by size nor amount.

One thing though - with the hood heating up when the engine's been running for long, is there any chance it could peel off or be damaged?
Nothing is permanent in this world, even the original paint on our car fades / dulls with the passage of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
Good job on the Figo.

My two cents. Carbon Fiber Film | Dedicated To Selling 3M Carbon Fiber DI-NOC Vinyl

This website gives you ample information about the usage of the vinyl film. I have it on my phone back cover and it's awesome. However, I had once up it on that car and given that the car had its fair share of weather, it starts to look shabby after short duration of time.

Cheers!

Last edited by GTO : 6th December 2011 at 17:22. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another!
Old 7th December 2011, 10:53   #20
BHPian

Re: PICS : Carbon fibre (vinyl sticker) bonnet for the Ford Figo and Wagon R

I have the matt CF vinyl in stock and have wrapped a lot of vehicles. been in the customized vehicle graphics business since last 8-10 years.
You can have a look at some of the work here -
Wix.com xtremegraphix created by xtremegraphix04 based on Tech Com New
Old 7th December 2011, 15:30   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeG View Post
I have the matt CF vinyl in stock and have wrapped a lot of vehicles. been in the customized vehicle graphics business since last 8-10 years.

Hey Xtreme, (Chirayu)

Nice website !! work looks awesome, you might not remember i had spoken to you regarding some graphics for my CEO's car a CRV , great that you have a website in place , i have already sent him the link to the site and a mail with the CRV images with graphics you have done.

Best,
Ryan
your number is still the same right? 9xxxxxx999
Old 7th December 2011, 20:04   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Neat job there!

I like it how you've controlled the decals and not overdone it; neither by size nor amount.

One thing though - with the hood heating up when the engine's been running for long, is there any chance it could peel off or be damaged?

If the sticker is applied well there wont be any issue like swelling or peeling it off. and the more it get heated up it is likely to stick well.

You can make it more durable if you spray a layer of clear coat.
k_shanz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2011, 08:28   #23
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmarPaithankar View Post
Many a super car, Formula 1 machine come cladded with this precious material. Carbon fibre, as we all know, does an excellent job in paring down valuable kilograms, grams, miligrams, etc., thereby improving the Power-to-weight ratio.....
Your Figo looks really nice with that CF vinyl.
The installation done by your friend is really great and flawless.

Covering up the roof and the middle section of the tail gate would look great too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeG View Post
Great work!
Have seen some of your graphics personally and need to tell they are the best I've seen till date.

Can you please PM me the way to your place, I might need your help in future

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_shanz View Post
If the sticker is applied well there wont be any issue like swelling or peeling it off. and the more it get heated up it is likely to stick well.

You can make it more durable if you spray a layer of clear coat.
Would applying a clear coat actually help?
First it might actually create a kind of permanent bond and there is a possibility that if the clear coat doesn't adhere to the vinyl it might actually start peeling off and look bad
SRK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2011, 10:58   #24
Senior - BHPian

This looks cool. Can you PM me his contact. I want to get this for my OHC Vtec Dashboard.
Old 8th December 2011, 11:13   #25
BANNED

Wont this reduce the aerodynamics of the surface, with its micro-grooves? Million of tiny little whirlpools will increase drag. A surface needs to be smooth and polished to minimise this.

--Ragul
Old 8th December 2011, 11:27   #26
BHPian

@ Ryan Yes same No.
@ SRK Thank you, PM 'd you.
If you clear coat the Matt CF vinyl ,you will loose the CF weave pattern . No need to clear coat it. its wrapped all around the edges , so no chances of it peeling off.

Chirayu.
Old 8th December 2011, 12:00   #27
BHPian

Hi Chirayu,
Visited your site yesterday, stunned to see the amazing job!
I was looking for some 'remedy' for the minor scratches over the body & bumpers of my 1 yr old Fabia (Silver in Color).. Hope with 'Graphix' you could be able to provide a good solution..
But one thing I want to know about these Vinyl graphix is how much scratch resistant really are they??
In my next visit to Mumbai, I'll surely spare some time & try to meet you.. Got the contact info from the site..
Old 8th December 2011, 13:10   #28
BHPian

Nice job! I personally feel if you cover the roof of your figo with same material, it will look really cool. The roofline of Figo is low, specially at rear, so it will give your car an attractive look.
Jayant..B is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2011, 13:25   #29
dot
Senior - BHPian

Really good job. Looks like the real thing.

OT: One day I will make my own Carbon fiber hood using hand lay up. I plan to use the existing hood as the mold. The issue will be, not the shape and curvatures, but the fitments.
Hope that "one day" will come!
Old 8th December 2011, 16:02   #30
BHPian

In that case, our cars must be devoid of any panel gaps, the doors, bonnet, boot must be sealed and the whole body must be one single unit!

"Carbon fibre" look is printed on the vinyl.

if you want a smooth, uncluttered look, it is best to use a Matt black vinyl film.

Sandeep added "Sports Mind" to his Wagon R's bonnet. He has hand cut this decal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
Wont this reduce the aerodynamics of the surface, with its micro-grooves? Million of tiny little whirlpools will increase drag. A surface needs to be smooth and polished to minimize this.

--Ragul
Attached Thumbnails
PICS : Carbon fibre (vinyl sticker) bonnet for the Ford Figo and Wagon R-photo0005.jpg  

Most Viewed