Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2012, 09:52   #181
Senior - BHPian

Re: PICS : Carbon fibre (vinyl sticker) bonnet for the Ford Figo and Wagon R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
He charges 1250/- per sq mtr. Give either of the owners (Rajesh, Sachin) my reference, and he might give you a discount .

Yes, this is 3d textured vinyl. Shall post a pic in a couple of days. The car is in Pune, and I am in Bangalore.
I see the pics of the roof. I am planning on getting my swifts bonnet covered in this wrap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 599gto View Post
Bhandari auto on JM road, as suggested by Swanand Inamdar, I for one didn't like the vinyl too much, however it was textured and of good quality, the work done on the shop owners swift is also pretty neat. Dont know about the quality of adhesive though, and the vinyl does not stretch on heating. Price quoted to me was Rs 150/Sqft,
I will visit them next weekend and checkout the owner's swift to be sure.

Last edited by F150 : 17th December 2012 at 09:55.
Old 17th December 2012, 09:55   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
I see the pics of the roof. I am planning on getting my swifts bonnet covered in this wrap.

I will visit them next weekend and checkout the owner's swift in the case.
The owners swift has a white coloured CF on the bonnet, looks good, but its hard to tell from a distance.
Old 17th December 2012, 11:38   #183
Senior - BHPian

F150, do go there over the weekend. That Swift belongs to Sachin, who is normally there most of the times. However, I suggest you call him beforehand.
Try and reach there early, around 10:30 or so, cause that job requires a few hours, and once his shop starts getting other customers, its difficult for him to pay undivided attention.

If you need the contact details, PM me.

Last edited by Swanand Inamdar : 17th December 2012 at 11:56.
Old 17th December 2012, 15:26   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Thanks. I pay 50/sft. So I guess the sticker shop guy gets it for less than 40. This guy is running out of the CF vinyl because of me. contact me if you need any help.
Could you tell me the shop from where you bought the CF. I would like to buy some for myself. I wasted 1.2K for covering my car boot in JC Road yesterday. They made a mess of it. I removed it early morning today as it had lots of bubbles and wrinkles. Planning to buy the CF on my own and get it done from some skilled person. Let me know if you know someone in Bangalore.
Old 17th December 2012, 17:19   #185
Distinguished - BHPian

The shop is located near Bata showroom, BSK 2nd stage. I shall send you the google map link or route directions if you tell me where you are put up.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2012, 18:32   #186
BHPian

Quote:
if you tell me where you are put up.
I stay near HSR layout.
Old 17th December 2012, 20:15   #187
Senior - BHPian

DIY CF wrapping my alloys

For the first time ever in India.

More details and final pictures coming up soon.
Attached Thumbnails
PICS : Carbon fibre (vinyl sticker) bonnet for the Ford Figo and Wagon R-471645_10200249755750036_932408442_o.jpg  

cityvic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2012, 21:44   #188
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
Cant wait to see the result. How much did the vinyl cost? IMO Black would have been killer. The work is good, but black would be eye catching. Just my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by human_wheels View Post
I stay near HSR layout.
If you are coming any time to BSK 2nd Stage, do buzz me. I will lead you to the store. Its close to the BATA showroom and Ceralli automotive leather Showroom.
Old 17th December 2012, 21:46   #189
BHPian

Quote:

For the first time ever in India.

More details and final pictures coming up soon.
Oh man, I think they are the 02 City wheels! Eagerly waiting for final pictures!
Old 17th December 2012, 22:42   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Cant wait to see the result. How much did the vinyl cost? IMO Black would have been killer. The work is good, but black would be eye catching. Just my opinion.
Silver CF costed me 285 rupees for 2 sqft.
I did this on the spare wheel,so that i can try out various colours and then do the one which looks the best on the other 4 wheels.
Will be doing Black CF over the weekend.
My car is black,so everyone suggested Silver CF would look better.

Quote:
Oh man, I think they are the 02 City wheels! Eagerly waiting for final pictures!
These are the City ZX Vtec wheels now fit on my 02 City.

Well so the DIY did not go as well as I thought.
Since I did not have a heatgun it was difficult doing the holes in the alloys with the hair dryer,so cut off the cf from the groove between the brushed chrome and the brushed alloy part.
A better attempt coming up soon.
Attached Thumbnails
PICS : Carbon fibre (vinyl sticker) bonnet for the Ford Figo and Wagon R-img2012121701186.jpg  

cityvic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2012, 23:07   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Silver CF costed me 285 rupees for 2 sqft.
I did this on the spare wheel,so that i can try out various colours and then do the one which looks the best on the other 4 wheels.
Will be doing Black CF over the weekend.
My car is black,so everyone suggested Silver CF would look better.

These are the City ZX Vtec wheels now fit on my 02 City.

Well so the DIY did not go as well as I thought.
Since I did not have a heatgun it was difficult doing the holes in the alloys with the hair dryer,so cut off the cf from the groove between the brushed chrome and the brushed alloy part.
A better attempt coming up soon.
Thats a very neat job. I wonder how much cooler the wheels would look if handle by a professional, I am getting ideas already..!!!
Old 17th December 2012, 23:12   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thats a very neat job. I wonder how much cooler the wheels would look if handle by a professional, I am getting ideas already..!!!
Thanks.
Ill get all the 4 wheels wrapped Black CF by a film guy instead of DIY.
Old 28th December 2012, 16:14   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyscad View Post
Here are some pics i took before going to work today.

Attachment 986048
Attachment 986049
Attachment 986050
Attachment 986051
Attachment 986052
Thats really subtle and looks good.Btw have you thot about wrapping the rvms and the door pillars.I think it will complete the theme.
Old 4th January 2013, 21:42   #194
BHPian

Decided to cf wrap my mirrors today. One was scratched quite a bit so wanted to cover up that part. Hopefully its turned out good by my previous standards.
Whats your opinion guruji(audioholic)?

The Beginning
PICS : Carbon fibre (vinyl sticker) bonnet for the Ford Figo and Wagon R-img20130104wa0000.jpg

PICS : Carbon fibre (vinyl sticker) bonnet for the Ford Figo and Wagon R-img20130104wa0001.jpg

PICS : Carbon fibre (vinyl sticker) bonnet for the Ford Figo and Wagon R-img20130104wa0004.jpg

Finished.
PICS : Carbon fibre (vinyl sticker) bonnet for the Ford Figo and Wagon R-20130104471.jpg

At the end I wiped it with 3m All in one shiner and it looks good as new. Time to move on to the next one.

Audioholic, where can I source Orange vinyl from brother? I want to make the KTM part orange. Although I could spray paint it. What do you suggest?
Parthasarathig is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2013, 22:30   #195
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice work beta(kidding seriously, as I am in the learning curve as you are too). One feat you have achieved is that you have successfully wrapped a plastic part which is quite difficult, especially if it is textured. Kudos to that. As you have asked for my opinion, let me give you a tip, in general, while wrapping a curved surface. Let the mirror stay on the mount, as that will give you a good foundation to help stretch the vinyl effectively.

Cut a small portion and stick it to the most elevated surface of the mirror. Get to the opposite side, ie the reflective side and start stretching. You could ask another person to hold a hair dryer gun against the vinyl, while you stretch it from the opposite side. It will work butter smooth, and the vinyl will automatically take the shape of the curve without being forced to do so. You can later finish it by pressing out the surfaces. This will give you a 100% wrinkle free solution.

Had not updated due to exams. Let me do it now:
  • Purchased a squeege from JC road for 80 bucks. Did not know a piece of rubber costed that much.
  • Did the underside running panel of my dio in premium black vinyl. Fit the curves perfectly.
  • Tried wrapping the grab handle of the Dio in CF vinyl, and wasted two squarefoot of it! It was fit well, and I slowly started trimming the edges. Then ended up trimming too much of it, and eventually ripped it off with a hard heart.
  • Plan to research on acrylic film as a paint proection film(no competition to 3M, but just food for thought)
  • Next in line will be wrapping mirrors, but no volunteers found yet Both my cars have body coloured mirrors that blend in very well with the car, and hence dont want to blacken it up. My dad will be behind my back if I spoil the body-coloured theme, or untill me or him scratch it up somewhere!
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed