Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2013, 19:49   #241
BHPian

Re: Photoshop help required for vinyl wrap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eminenttismo View Post
There you go,

Attachment 1090357

Attachment 1090358

Tell me if you aren't satisfied.
Thanks a lot mate! Beautiful job you have done here!

I am inching toward the first option what's your opinion?
nipcarlover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2013, 19:53   #242
BHPian

Re: PICS : Carbon fibre (vinyl sticker) bonnet for the Ford Figo and Wagon R

^^ I'd go with the first one. May be you can pull it off with ORVM wrap together.

All the best on your mods,
Drive Safe.
Eminenttismo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2013, 20:00   #243
BHPian

Quote:
^^ I'd go with the first one. May be you can pull it off with ORVM wrap together.

Drive Safe.
Thanks mate, that what I was thinking of.

P.S I don't drive yet, just 16 right now
nipcarlover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2013, 09:46   #244
BHPian

Quote:
There you go,

Attachment 1090357

Attachment 1090358

Tell me if you aren't satisfied.

This looks like a Renault Scala / Pulse. Just add chrome trim on the periphery!

Try something else
AmarPaithankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2013, 09:57   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmarPaithankar View Post
This looks like a Renault Scala / Pulse. Just add chrome trim on the periphery!

Try something else
Hey, now that you say that, I realize that it does look like the Scala/Pulse.

Please suggest any ideas if you have any!
Old 31st May 2013, 10:53   #246
Distinguished - BHPian

Sincere and frank advise for the i10 - The car is quite a beautiful looking one right from the factory, just like any other car of the fluidic theme. Adding these stickers spoil the nice design lines and features. Moreover for the bumpers, the stickers will be cut on the paint by hand which will neither give you a perfect finish nor is a good option as there are chances of paint getting permanently damaged. Hence if you are very keen on CF vinyl get it to whole parts like window frames, mirrors, bonnet or the roof. This will give it a much professional look compared to getting a partial stickering done.

Just my two cents.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st May 2013, 11:24   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nipcarlover View Post
Hey, now that you say that, I realize that it does look like the Scala/Pulse.

Please suggest any ideas if you have any!
Try adding CF vinyl only to the chrome "mustache" (on both sides of the Hyundai Logo).
Old 31st May 2013, 11:46   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmarPaithankar View Post
Try adding CF vinyl only to the chrome "mustache" (on both sides of the Hyundai Logo).
Quote:

Drive Safe.
Eminenttismo, come to the rescue please!
Could you do the one suggested by AmarPaithankar.

Also, I had the idea of just doing the bottom part, not the number plate area. Also, I prefer the black you used in the rear-end images and not the CF.

Thanks a lot again for your help!
Old 31st May 2013, 11:49   #249
BHPian

Guys, I have a question and I am not sure if this is the right thread to ask it.

I have a 1.5 year old Black XUV which has all the tell tale scratches of Delhi roads, and a very specific problem of stray dogs using it as a bed, which has resulted in the bonnet, windscreen, bumper, fenders, roof and even the tailgate filled with paw marks and scratches from their nails. Plus I think, that Black loses its gloss very quickly and the daily cleaners in my area are pathetic (I do not have any other alternative), which has already meant the car looks quite dull from the outside.

I have now read numerous posts on CF and Matte shade wraps, which covers almost the entire car. Can someone guide me on 2 things?
1. How durable will be these wraps against the dog paws, will these tear quickly?
2. How much will be the cost, and where can I get this done in the NCR? I am more inclined to get a matte finished one, as I think a smooth finish may be easier to maintain.
3. Even after wrapping, you are still to get some scratches on bumpers in the B2B traffic in the NCR. How does these materials hold to this abuse.
4. Do they leave the paint as is, once they come off?

And lastly, can anyone suggest any other alternative? It hurts me to see a nearly new car in such a bad shape, but I do not have a solution to the Dogs and daily cleaning. I do however, get periodic buffinng and polishing done once a fortnight.

Please respond
Old 31st May 2013, 12:17   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post
1. How durable will be these wraps against the dog paws, will these tear quickly?
These CF wraps would not tear so easily, as by dog's nails. However, if the dog attacks the edge of the CF vinyl, it has chances of peeling off! you can ensure this by folding the CF vinyl inwards (on the underside of the surface you are wrapping) to prevent peeling off.

Quote:
2. How much will be the cost, and where can I get this done in the NCR? I am more inclined to get a matte finished one, as I think a smooth finish may be easier to maintain.
I have no idea about the cost of CF vinyl. The black tape used for B-Pillars is sold at Rs. 200 (for both side pillar area of a car). You can enquire at 'Tikona Park, NIT' for the CF vinyls. You can ask 'Alka Car Accessories' shop (which is the first shop, I think) and they will guide you for exterior detailing. Matte finished ones? I am confused whether you are talking of black strip or matte black paint?
PS- The black strip is very easy to get peeled off. It also depends on the skills of the detailer.

Quote:
3. Even after wrapping, you are still to get some scratches on bumpers in the B2B traffic in the NCR. How does these materials hold to this abuse.
During B2B traffic in Delhi, these materials will not hold long. These are just wraps, which get damaged by the slightest impact of a car. BTW Where are you planning to put the strips? I assume in an accident that the bumpers have the chance of damage, and not the bonnet. For preventing scratches, get 'Autographix Corner Protector Set', which is available for Rs. 2000 in Tikona Park. The set includes many small transparent strips (like rub rails) and are attached on the complete car (bumpers, fenders, ORVMs, Front, Rear).

Quote:
Yes. Paint will not be affected, since yours is a brand new car, almost. If the paint is chipped off (also due to age and rust), then it might affect the paint. No problem in your case.

Quote:
And lastly, can anyone suggest any other alternative? It hurts me to see a nearly new car in such a bad shape, but I do not have a solution to the Dogs and daily cleaning. I do however, get periodic buffinng and polishing done once a fortnight.
Are they DOGS or WOLVES? I mean, yours is an XUV. I have seen many dogs fall off while trying to get on to the bonnet of my Scorpio. You can try some Wax, Polish, Scratch Out, Rubbing compound, etc. for maintaining the car's finish. Best-known brands are Formula 1, Turtle, Waxpol, etc.
It is good that you get your car polished periodically. Go to some 3M center, they would have an alternative for protecting your paint and bringing the shine back.
Old 31st May 2013, 12:51   #251
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

A polish treatment may make the Bonnet too slippery for the Dogs. - You could try that.

Alternatively a 3D CF film shield over the bonnet may actually not be too appealing to the dogs and they may decide to skip you vehicle going ahead.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2013, 13:12   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, I have a question and I am not sure if this is the right thread to ask it.

I have a 1.5 year old Black XUV which has all the tell tale scratches of Delhi roads, and a very specific problem of stray dogs using it as a bed, which has resulted in the bonnet, windscreen, bumper, fenders, roof and even the tailgate filled with paw marks and scratches from their nails. Plus I think, that Black loses its gloss very quickly and the daily cleaners in my area are pathetic (I do not have any other alternative), which has already meant the car looks quite dull from the outside.

I have now read numerous posts on CF and Matte shade wraps, which covers almost the entire car. Can someone guide me on 2 things?

Please respond
Not related to wrapping with vinyl, but for the dogs part, you could just get a sturdy car cover, no? Much easier and more convenient than getting the car wrapped.
For driving scratches, I feel the pain. Our 2 month old i10 already has one each on the front and rear bumpers and a broken tail light.
I'd say, get some of the 3M paint protection films or something like that.
Old 31st May 2013, 13:20   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud View Post
Are they DOGS or WOLVES? I mean, yours is an XUV. I have seen many dogs fall off while trying to get on to the bonnet of my Scorpio. You can try some Wax, Polish, Scratch Out, Rubbing compound, etc. for maintaining the car's finish. Best-known brands are Formula 1, Turtle, Waxpol, etc.
It is good that you get your car polished periodically. Go to some 3M center, they would have an alternative for protecting your paint and bringing the shine back.
Loud, I dont know what they are, but they seem to love getting on top of the tallest car available. I have done the rubbing part, but I cant keep going back to rubbing every couple of months.

I need to cover the entire car, thus was inquiring about the vinyl wraps and their durability to withstand these scratches from dog paws. Black tape just won't cut it. And since I am interested to do the entire car, was wondering if a matte finish would be better than glossy CF.

[quote=audioholic;3009766]1. The CF Vinyl Wrapping is in one way, a protection to the paint or the surface to which, its applied na ?

As long as the scratch is not very deep, the film can take the hit. For example, occasional scrapes to walls, bikers hitting the mirror etc can be borne by the vinyl. Anything stronger than that, for example a sharp object scraping the mirror, a strong rub against a bus etc will lead to the film being torn and the base paint scratched.

Audioholic, having gone through your posts, i am convinced you have a fair experience with the wraps now. Could you please share your thoughts to my issue. Since I am talking about a large car, I would also want to go for a wrap which is cheap, easy to maintain(i can keep replacing the scraped/scratched bumper bits) and has a good finish which also makes the car stand out. My main concern is obviously the dogs and the paint after peeling it. Your advise is much appreciated.
Old 31st May 2013, 13:27   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Loud, I dont know what they are, but they seem to love getting on top of the tallest car available. I have done the rubbing part, but I cant keep going back to rubbing every couple of months.
Then get 18" wheels and get your car lowered!
Okay, jokes apart.
A member (n aditya, I think) has got some PPF thingy wrapped about his new car's bumpers. His car is a breeze blue Ritz ZDi. You can check the photos at his ownership thread. I think you can get your entire car covered in that. He got it done from 3M.

Quote:
I need to cover the entire car, thus was inquiring about the vinyl wraps and their durability to withstand these scratches from dog paws. Black tape just won't cut it. And since I am interested to do the entire car, was wondering if a matte finish would be better than glossy CF.
WHAT?!
You are planning to cover the entire car in CF? It would be an eyesore, IMO. I would advise you to get the CF wrap on the bonnet only. Or else, a car cover would be cheap and effective.
Old 31st May 2013, 14:02   #255
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Sir, With respect to damage caused by dogs, firstly you have to create a workaround for it. One way is to invest money in a custom car cover. You can get some sponge sheets cut to shape of the hood, roof and other parts. Believe me this is an easier way.

Coming to the wraps, any physical film, no matter how thick can prevent from such damage. At the most the film can protect from a kid with a coin trying to swipe across the car. If it takes a stone, it will rip the film and the paint underneath. Or maybe protect from the dog walking over the car. If the dog feel s like working his claws out, then again film gives up. It can just deter damage but not fully protect it.

Come to the cost. 3M charges at least 250 per sft. The bonnet only will cost you in excess of 4k. Wrapping the car will almost be as expensive as a paint job. Same with the paint protection film.

Thus, I personally suggest you to search for other measures than a wrap. A wrap is not the best solution IMHO.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks