Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2006, 18:19   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gvozden
Edmund I saw your car in "rebulding" topic,its realy cool....
Do you have pics of engine when you disengae them, or engine in parts
What do you think about puting K&N filter on carburator
Yes, K&N filter on the carb is ok, thats what i'm going to do, i will post pics of that once it's done.....

I don't have many pics of the engine when it was dismantled, but i'll post whatever i have!!!

Cheers!!~
Old 15th March 2006, 20:54   #17

What kind of K&N???What do you get putting K&N,more HP,better working engine.....
I want to disgage my engine to see what is inside and mybe clean something I never disgage engine, so I dont know, for example to pull-of head engine what hapens hows it look like......(I hope so that you understand me)
My engine "have" 200.000Km and it works good!
Have you ever speculate about puting some larger exhaust pipe or silencer
Old 15th March 2006, 23:03   #18
BHPian

K&n!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gvozden
What kind of K&N???What do you get putting K&N,more HP,better working engine.....
I want to disgage my engine to see what is inside and mybe clean something I never disgage engine, so I dont know, for example to pull-of head engine what hapens hows it look like......(I hope so that you understand me)
My engine "have" 200.000Km and it works good!
Have you ever speculate about puting some larger exhaust pipe or silencer
Read about the benefits of a K&N Filter @ the official website!!

And here is the K&N filter i am going to put!! 11" Dominator air filter!

I already have a large exhaust pipe, 1 3/4 inch diameter free flow!! Loud!!

Don't open up your engine yourself, get a mechanic to do it and you can watch and learn for the next time!!!

My engine has 118,000Kms on the odometer!!
Old 16th March 2006, 02:06   #19
Senior - BHPian

To start off, u can put a 1000cc zen MPFi or carb engine.
It'll come with the 5 speed gear box and pretty good power too.
I think 14 inch wheels shoud be good.
Old 16th March 2006, 04:25   #20

Nitrous you are right I`m thinking about that.....
What is the diferent between MPFI and carburator engine (1000ccm)

Edmund can you post or send pics of your car,engine.......what ever you have....My mail is konsal@mail.com
Old 16th March 2006, 04:32   #21

Does anyones know where can I find pictures I mean projects of
Maruti engine,gearbox.....enything,any kind of pics
Old 14th February 2008, 22:35   #22
Senior - BHPian

Cool car man love the wheels and the hood shape
Old 15th February 2008, 12:58   #23
BHPian

hi gvozden
i've had a 800 from 1997 changed last year to the 5 speed 800
would suggest against putting in a bigger engine. there are enough modifications u can do to the same engine and get performanr close to a 1000 cc stock engine.
for eg you could shave the head by .8 to 1 mm which will increase the compression, if the maruti van is available there u could get a cam from that engine (also a 3 cylinder) which has more lift.you will need to tune the engine accordingly . this is much easier than a mpfi engine. thereafter go for a 3:2:1 free flow exhaust which will give you good initial pick up. add a k&n to it and i'm sure ur car will fly. cheers
Old 20th September 2009, 13:20   #24

Gvozden's thread was interesting , don't know y it has stopped - I also have a 98 M800 DX 4 gears carb - want to improve performance - can any one give simple & practical tips - no major modifications planned, simple add ons & where can i get then done decently in Bangalore - Me not a speed & race freak - just need a bit good performance & little more power & funk ! HELP :-)
Old 8th October 2009, 15:05   #25
Senior - BHPian

I am at Belgrade since the last 2 days and will be here for a few weeks.
This place is crawling with all types of cars. And it feels like home, since most of the cars we have in India are here - Santro (Atos), i10, Logan, Swift, Fabia, Octavia, Ikon-hatch, Spark, UVA, Grand Vitara, Accord etc. Even the M800 - with the "Maruti Suzuki" badge intact.

You can see the latest cars and also battered down cars. Parking is a real issue here and many lanes are 1-way with cars parked on both sides. Most pavements also have cars parked on them.

Even saw a Rolls Royce, but could not take a snap as it was sped away before I could bring out my camera.

Gvozden, you still active on tbhp ? Maybe we could have a tbhp-meet at Belgrade.

P.S. : Serbian women are very pretty. Often get confused whether to watch a funky car or look at a pretty women.
Old 8th October 2009, 15:23   #26
Senior - BHPian

Hi there,
Nice to see you on the team and nice to see that you own a Maruti car. If its OK with you, once you are done with clarifying your queries, please post a thread on how your country is, more with perspective of what kind of vehicles do people in your country have and how is the driving experience in your country.

It would provide us a great vehicular insight on country that hardly any of us have chance to travel to.
Old 8th October 2009, 15:39   #27
BANNED

I have heard it is possible to make m800 in to 3 cylinder 1000 cc engine by re boring .And the carburetor is used from Zen carb .Has anyone done this?
Old 14th February 2010, 16:53   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
I have heard it is possible to make m800 in to 3 cylinder 1000 cc engine by re boring .And the carburetor is used from Zen carb .Has anyone done this?
i really doubt its possible to stretch the engine all the way to a 100c, cuz there isnt enogh metal in the block, also as the cylinderwalls get thinner, your engine walls become weak. plus the momentum of bigger heavier pistons cant be balanced by the counterweights on the crankshaft, so your already not so smooth maruti 800, will become hell to drive, then carburettor alignment amoung other things will give you a headache. since its essentially a bigger engine , u will be generating more heat so you will have to change the radiator as well. but your stock water pump also wont be enough.

all in all overboring beyond a point will lead to hell.

i really suggest you dont think about it.

turbcharging is still a better option.
think of ways to improve efficiency of engine than rather just burning more fuel in it.
Old 8th June 2012, 23:47   #29

Re: Maruti 800

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
Hi There bro.. welcome to the forum.. Nice car.. about modifying it.. i have a friend here who has put the suzuki esteem 1.3L engine into the 800.. its bloody fast.. the engine bay looks a bit cramped but then the 1.3L fits in perfectly.
The bad look with the bonnet will look good..

take care
Hi , i have a carb 800 and i plan to put in a carb esteem engine . You seem to have seen the setup ...can you send me a picture of the engine bay ?...thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks