Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2012, 08:50   #31
Senior - BHPian
 
rakesh_r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: PNQ/MUM/PKD
Posts: 1,444
Thanked: 1,336 Times
Default Re: Swift VDi Remapped

Quote:
Originally Posted by satya180 View Post
Add to that the Dynamisation kit, fitting, labour and the dealer warranty. I couldve fit it myself, but Mr. Lonkar (Tune Up Plus) was very helpful wrt everything. So i decided to get it fitted there itself.
great stuff satya,i am tempted to go for one too.But am a bit skeptical on CAIs.Are you sure it wont suck in dust(which is the case in Kn's)?
rakesh_r is offline  
Old 12th January 2012, 17:01   #32
BHPian
 
satya180's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Pune
Posts: 180
Thanked: 261 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r
great stuff satya,i am tempted to go for one too.But am a bit skeptical on CAIs.Are you sure it wont suck in dust(which is the case in Kn's)?
Rakesh, sucking im dust depends on where your driving.. I cleaned my filter after 20000 kms yesterday, and there was quite a bit of dirt.. The remap only feels much better now

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150

What its the cost of brake upgrade bro ? Mine is a 2010 swift, would I need the brake upgrade as well ?
Brake upgrade i would recommend. Just got a quote from tune up plus.. They make slotted and cross drilled rotors for the swift.. Approx Rs.12000/- for the upgrade.. Im now confused between brake pads and getting a rotor upgrade.. Any suggestions?

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by .anshuman : 21st January 2012 at 19:52. Reason: see note in post
satya180 is offline  
Old 12th January 2012, 22:03   #33
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 1,422
Thanked: 1,823 Times
Default Re: Swift VDi Remapped

Quote:
Originally Posted by satya180 View Post
Brake upgrade i would recommend. Just got a quote from tune up plus.. They make slotted and cross drilled rotors for the swift.. Approx Rs.12000/- for the upgrade.. Im now confused between brake pads and getting a rotor upgrade.. Any suggestions?
Actually I have started looking up options about the same. I was quite set on upgrading the rotors to grooved and cross drilled etc but then saw an article that mentioned that it wouldn't make much of a difference in daily driving - it was more of a race upgrade.

Another link mentioned that while upgrading to cross drilled would reduce the stopping distance from 100 kmph in a controlled smooth braking scenario, it wouldn't make much of a difference in a panic braking scenario.

This leaves me wondering what I must do.

Drive on,
Shibu.
shibujp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2012, 10:18   #34
Senior - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,684
Thanked: 1,474 Times
Default Re: Swift VDi Remapped

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
Actually I have started looking up options about the same. I was quite set on upgrading the rotors to grooved and cross drilled etc but then saw an article that mentioned that it wouldn't make much of a difference in daily driving - it was more of a race upgrade.

Another link mentioned that while upgrading to cross drilled would reduce the stopping distance from 100 kmph in a controlled smooth braking scenario, it wouldn't make much of a difference in a panic braking scenario.

This leaves me wondering what I must do.

Drive on,
Shibu.
shibu, it helps. I would recommend that you drive one and see. Peter might be able to help and/or visit Jerry's @ Thycad.

Costly though.
jkdas is offline  
Old 13th January 2012, 12:36   #35
BHPian
 
satya180's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Pune
Posts: 180
Thanked: 261 Times
Default

Even i actually want to drive one and see before taking the plunge.. Another option im considering is upgrading the master cylinder to the newer one, and getting uprated pads.. I have read and heard that a cross drilled and slotted rotor is usually noisier than usual, which im not ready to live with.
satya180 is offline  
Old 14th January 2012, 02:10   #36
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Technocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: GTA
Posts: 14,826
Thanked: 2,671 Times
Default Re: Swift VDi Remapped

Wow Satya, the mods sound interesting, am tempted to drive the car now. I had driven it bone stock would be interesting to drive now
Technocrat is offline  
Old 14th January 2012, 08:49   #37
BHPian
 
satya180's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Pune
Posts: 180
Thanked: 261 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat
Wow Satya, the mods sound interesting, am tempted to drive the car now. I had driven it bone stock would be interesting to drive now
Anyday man.. Whenever you come back.. We can do our Hinjewadi drives again.. By the time you come, more stuff wouldve gone on, hopefully..
satya180 is offline  
Old 14th January 2012, 11:01   #38
BHPian
 
paras211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: mumbai
Posts: 614
Thanked: 61 Times
Default

Can I have sarvesh's number can't see
To get thru the number listed on the site
paras211 is offline  
Old 14th January 2012, 11:06   #39
Senior - BHPian
 
F150's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: PUNE
Posts: 1,702
Thanked: 837 Times
Default Re: Swift VDi Remapped

Quote:
Originally Posted by paras211 View Post
Can I have sarvesh's number can't see
To get thru the number listed on the site
Call up the number listed on website, they will connect you to sarvesh. I spoke with him on Wednesday.
F150 is offline  
Old 14th January 2012, 11:19   #40
BHPian
 
paras211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: mumbai
Posts: 614
Thanked: 61 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150

Call up the number listed on website, they will connect you to sarvesh. I spoke with him on Wednesday.
I can't get through the number on the site.
paras211 is offline  
Old 14th January 2012, 12:09   #41
BHPian
 
benzinblut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Bombay
Posts: 491
Thanked: 750 Times
Default Re: Swift VDi Remapped

Congratulations on the mods. You are enjoying every momemnt of it for sure. The above par experience with Cosworth makes the package even better.

Cosworth's website mentions an increase in FE of 10-12%. What's your observation?

What's the impact of the remap on the turbolag?

Last edited by benzinblut : 14th January 2012 at 12:25.
benzinblut is offline  
Old 14th January 2012, 15:10   #42
BHPian
 
satya180's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Pune
Posts: 180
Thanked: 261 Times
Default Re: Swift VDi Remapped

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzinblut View Post
Congratulations on the mods. You are enjoying every momemnt of it for sure. The above par experience with Cosworth makes the package even better.

Cosworth's website mentions an increase in FE of 10-12%. What's your observation?

What's the impact of the remap on the turbolag?
FE has gone up. I dont drive that fast in the city and on my same commute route i can vouch for the increase in FE. Its has become even better because i dont use the AC now a days in the winters.
Lag is there.. but now it feels violent..
satya180 is offline  
Old 14th January 2012, 15:44   #43
BHPian
 
benzinblut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Bombay
Posts: 491
Thanked: 750 Times
Default Re: Swift VDi Remapped

Are you calculating the FE? Can you mention the increase in a %?

Quote:
Originally Posted by satya180 View Post
Lag is there.. but now it feels violent..
So does that mean that the tubokick is more prominent now? Re-map should actually reduce the lag, or the turbo should kick in earlier no?

Last edited by benzinblut : 14th January 2012 at 15:49.
benzinblut is offline  
Old 14th January 2012, 16:15   #44
BHPian
 
satya180's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Pune
Posts: 180
Thanked: 261 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzinblut
Are you calculating the FE? Can you mention the increase in a %?

So does that mean that the tubokick is more prominent now? Re-map should actually reduce the lag, or the turbo should kick in earlier no?
Sorry but i usually calculate FE over a long period of time, say 8000 kms, so can give u exact figures.. But i can safely say that a tankful usually lasts 10-15% more now, than it did before..
The turbo kicks in at the same rpm even now, and the turbo kick is more prominent.. Not sure if its supposed to be this way or not, but sure is fun!
satya180 is offline  
Old 14th January 2012, 18:48   #45
Senior - BHPian
 
amit_mechengg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,467
Thanked: 2,046 Times
Default Re: Swift VDi Remapped

Quote:
Originally Posted by satya180 View Post
The turbo kicks in at the same rpm even now, and the turbo kick is more prominent.. Not sure if its supposed to be this way or not, but sure is fun!
cant help it in case of FGT turbo. for VGT remap can accommodate it
amit_mechengg is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2021, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks