Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2012, 08:50   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Swift VDi Remapped

Quote:
Originally Posted by satya180 View Post
Add to that the Dynamisation kit, fitting, labour and the dealer warranty. I couldve fit it myself, but Mr. Lonkar (Tune Up Plus) was very helpful wrt everything. So i decided to get it fitted there itself.
great stuff satya,i am tempted to go for one too.But am a bit skeptical on CAIs.Are you sure it wont suck in dust(which is the case in Kn's)?
Old 12th January 2012, 17:01   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r
great stuff satya,i am tempted to go for one too.But am a bit skeptical on CAIs.Are you sure it wont suck in dust(which is the case in Kn's)?
Rakesh, sucking im dust depends on where your driving.. I cleaned my filter after 20000 kms yesterday, and there was quite a bit of dirt.. The remap only feels much better now

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150

What its the cost of brake upgrade bro ? Mine is a 2010 swift, would I need the brake upgrade as well ?
Brake upgrade i would recommend. Just got a quote from tune up plus.. They make slotted and cross drilled rotors for the swift.. Approx Rs.12000/- for the upgrade.. Im now confused between brake pads and getting a rotor upgrade.. Any suggestions?

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by .anshuman : 21st January 2012 at 19:52. Reason: see note in post
Old 12th January 2012, 22:03   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Brake upgrade i would recommend. Just got a quote from tune up plus.. They make slotted and cross drilled rotors for the swift.. Approx Rs.12000/- for the upgrade.. Im now confused between brake pads and getting a rotor upgrade.. Any suggestions?
Actually I have started looking up options about the same. I was quite set on upgrading the rotors to grooved and cross drilled etc but then saw an article that mentioned that it wouldn't make much of a difference in daily driving - it was more of a race upgrade.

Another link mentioned that while upgrading to cross drilled would reduce the stopping distance from 100 kmph in a controlled smooth braking scenario, it wouldn't make much of a difference in a panic braking scenario.

This leaves me wondering what I must do.

Drive on,
Shibu.
shibujp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2012, 10:18   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
Actually I have started looking up options about the same. I was quite set on upgrading the rotors to grooved and cross drilled etc but then saw an article that mentioned that it wouldn't make much of a difference in daily driving - it was more of a race upgrade.

Another link mentioned that while upgrading to cross drilled would reduce the stopping distance from 100 kmph in a controlled smooth braking scenario, it wouldn't make much of a difference in a panic braking scenario.

This leaves me wondering what I must do.

Drive on,
Shibu.
shibu, it helps. I would recommend that you drive one and see. Peter might be able to help and/or visit Jerry's @ Thycad.

Costly though.
Old 13th January 2012, 12:36   #35
BHPian

Even i actually want to drive one and see before taking the plunge.. Another option im considering is upgrading the master cylinder to the newer one, and getting uprated pads.. I have read and heard that a cross drilled and slotted rotor is usually noisier than usual, which im not ready to live with.
Old 14th January 2012, 02:10   #36
Senior - BHPian

Wow Satya, the mods sound interesting, am tempted to drive the car now. I had driven it bone stock would be interesting to drive now
Old 14th January 2012, 08:49   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat
Wow Satya, the mods sound interesting, am tempted to drive the car now. I had driven it bone stock would be interesting to drive now
Anyday man.. Whenever you come back.. We can do our Hinjewadi drives again.. By the time you come, more stuff wouldve gone on, hopefully..
Old 14th January 2012, 11:01   #38
BHPian

Can I have sarvesh's number can't see
To get thru the number listed on the site
Old 14th January 2012, 11:06   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paras211 View Post
Can I have sarvesh's number can't see
To get thru the number listed on the site
Call up the number listed on website, they will connect you to sarvesh. I spoke with him on Wednesday.
Old 14th January 2012, 11:19   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150

Call up the number listed on website, they will connect you to sarvesh. I spoke with him on Wednesday.
I can't get through the number on the site.
Old 14th January 2012, 12:09   #41
BHPian

Congratulations on the mods. You are enjoying every momemnt of it for sure. The above par experience with Cosworth makes the package even better.

Cosworth's website mentions an increase in FE of 10-12%. What's your observation?

What's the impact of the remap on the turbolag?

Last edited by benzinblut : 14th January 2012 at 12:25.
Old 14th January 2012, 15:10   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzinblut View Post
Congratulations on the mods. You are enjoying every momemnt of it for sure. The above par experience with Cosworth makes the package even better.

Cosworth's website mentions an increase in FE of 10-12%. What's your observation?

What's the impact of the remap on the turbolag?
FE has gone up. I dont drive that fast in the city and on my same commute route i can vouch for the increase in FE. Its has become even better because i dont use the AC now a days in the winters.
Lag is there.. but now it feels violent..
Old 14th January 2012, 15:44   #43
BHPian

Are you calculating the FE? Can you mention the increase in a %?

Quote:
Lag is there.. but now it feels violent..
So does that mean that the tubokick is more prominent now? Re-map should actually reduce the lag, or the turbo should kick in earlier no?

Last edited by benzinblut : 14th January 2012 at 15:49.
Old 14th January 2012, 16:15   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzinblut
Are you calculating the FE? Can you mention the increase in a %?

So does that mean that the tubokick is more prominent now? Re-map should actually reduce the lag, or the turbo should kick in earlier no?
Sorry but i usually calculate FE over a long period of time, say 8000 kms, so can give u exact figures.. But i can safely say that a tankful usually lasts 10-15% more now, than it did before..
The turbo kicks in at the same rpm even now, and the turbo kick is more prominent.. Not sure if its supposed to be this way or not, but sure is fun!
Old 14th January 2012, 18:48   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The turbo kicks in at the same rpm even now, and the turbo kick is more prominent.. Not sure if its supposed to be this way or not, but sure is fun!
cant help it in case of FGT turbo. for VGT remap can accommodate it

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks