Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2012, 12:50   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150

Yes just now spoke with sarvesh, they don't have remaps for vehicles purchased in the second half of 2011. They need manufacture date to determine the same, also depends the vehicle.
Mine is a '04. They just can't get into the Toyota ECM. I was really hoping for some good gains considering the vvti being tuned and I ve got high lift cams making power till 7.8k rpm.
Old 18th January 2012, 13:00   #62
Senior - BHPian

Re: Swift VDi Remapped

Quote:
Originally Posted by satya180 View Post
Remaps anyway were illegal since a long time. Thats why the market for fake MOT's is huge in european countries. No remapped car can pass MOT.
In case of a warranty case, even modifications like upsizing rim size, ICE upgrades etc can create problems. Likewise, remapping is also reversible if the need arises.

Also, as we speak, my car is getting the new uprated master cylinder (Booster). the service center guys will test the braking themselves and if it works better, i will keep it.
Also, getting new Bosch brake pads with some recommendations. So, by tomorrow evening i should have a car that stops better than what it does now.

will keep you guys posted wrt costs involved, process and improvement (if it works well)
drove this crazy swift yesterday. i bet he needs those brakes.

this one crazy swift has such an immense power that on 2nd gear you immediately get a torque steer and you must hold the steering wheel tight

the lag has reduced a lot and the power band is good too.

mainly the idling has become very smooth and there is no engine noise at all.
Old 18th January 2012, 14:54   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Vampire

Was this the tuner's response? Just joking since it sounded like one.

Remapping is indeed reversible; but still detectable (even after reversal in most new ECU's).
Lol.. This response was from a close friend who owns more than 5 remapped cars in the UK..
Old 20th January 2012, 19:32   #64
BHPian

The car is back from service today, and there is a nicer feel to the car now thanks to the oils and filters being changed. Brake upgrade did not happen, and is due for 29th.. Before that, i will also be posting some gps timed performance results.. And photos..
Old 20th January 2012, 22:26   #65
BHPian

I contacted Sarvesh too but to my disappointment they have no one in Delhi who can do Remap of SWIFT VDI from Cosworth. The option I got was to take the ECU put and send them via courier, and they will send back once it's Remapped.

Personally didn't want to get into all that so requested him to contact me when h can send someone over to do this. Sarvesh confirmed to contact once he has 3-4 car owners interested from Delhi.

@Satya : waiting for your performance charts and cool snaps to get a feel of the Remapping ;-) though the best would have been to test drive yours but distance does not help.

Last edited by saurabhdadhichi : 20th January 2012 at 22:28.
Old 20th January 2012, 22:29   #66
BHPian

a few pictures from today, after getting the car back from service. Shot in my parking and colony.
Attached Thumbnails
Swift VDi Remapped-dsc_5706e.jpg  

Swift VDi Remapped-dsc_5692e.jpg  

Swift VDi Remapped-dsc_5617e.jpg  

Swift VDi Remapped-dsc_5679e.jpg  

Swift VDi Remapped-dsc_5670e.jpg  

Swift VDi Remapped-dsc_5668e.jpg  

Swift VDi Remapped-dsc_5543e.jpg  

Swift VDi Remapped-dsc_5548e.jpg  

satya180 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th January 2012, 22:56   #67
Senior - BHPian

you car is gleaming like a 15k done car. have you added too much of photoshop effect
Old 20th January 2012, 22:59   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhdadhichi View Post
Remap of SWIFT VDI from Cosworth.
I'm curious as to why COSWORTH is offering remap solutions ONLY in India!!! None of their international sites show remaps as a service offering.

Also does Cosworth, India has anything to do with TDI Racing, Bangalore?

The brochure from Cosworth India is like a 70% word-by-word replica of what is mentioned on TDI racing website (or vice-versa) which I know have existed for a long time.

See for yourself. TdiRacing

If they have nothing in common, then who copied from whom? Or is there a third original which both copied from?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Cosworth India-ECU Remapping.pdf (231.7 KB, 2343 views)

Last edited by Digital Vampire : 20th January 2012 at 23:08.
Digital Vampire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2012, 00:51   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg
you car is gleaming like a 15k done car. have you added too much of photoshop effect
Little bit of manipulation.. Rest is external lighting and slave flashes..
I dont even have PS installed on my system..

Last edited by satya180 : 21st January 2012 at 00:57.
Old 21st January 2012, 19:01   #70
BHPian

Got a cal from Sarvesh today,had inquired about remapping my Fiesta 1.6(2006),unfortunately they can't remap my car but was told that within 2 months they will be able do it.
Old 13th February 2012, 11:56   #71

Hi Satya, According to the posts here the Swift's become Swifter . Now I am itching to get something done for my car. Any chance of me getting to see the vehicle in the flesh? Also have a few queries, hopefully you can help me with those.
Old 13th February 2012, 12:54   #72
BHPian

Sure Parry. You can drive the car. Also will try to answer your queries as much as possible.
I stay at Pimpale Saudagar, Pune. We can catch up sometime.
Old 13th February 2012, 15:42   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satya180 View Post
Sure Parry. You can drive the car. Also will try to answer your queries as much as possible.
I stay at Pimpale Saudagar, Pune. We can catch up sometime.
Before taking the plunge,i really do need to drive your car,just to get a feel of it.Is it ok if i drop by in the first week of march on maybe a saturday?
Old 13th February 2012, 20:32   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r
Before taking the plunge,i really do need to drive your car,just to get a feel of it.Is it ok if i drop by in the first week of march on maybe a saturday?
Satya's requirements are different and the power comes in much later, when the stock swift starts running out of steam.
Old 14th February 2012, 02:02   #75
Senior - BHPian

Some of the questions I had asked Sarvesh and the answers, Might help..

1. You mentioned that the car should be fully serviced. Any specific engine or drive train components that should be given special attention?
ans : All sensors would have to be working fine. Malfunctioning sensors could compromise the remap.

2. Would the ECU remap have any problems as far as regular service at the dealer is concerned. I mean would the use of the scan tool or tune ups at the dealer workshop mess up the ECU remap as they would assume that it is a stock ECU? My car is out of it's warranty period so loss of warranty is not a concern.
ans : The remap would not be detectable. (hmm...) And no, regular service would not affect the remap.

3. Would any of the engine components be under additional stress? What is the level to which the ECU remap pushes the tolerances the engine?
ans : The remap does not overstress any component. The stress levels of all components are within tolerance limits.

4. Would there be any change to the diagonostics already built into the stock ECU?
ans : No.

5. Could you share the major aspects of the remap i.e. which are the main areas (fuelling, boost etc) that the remap impacts?
ans : Cannot share specific details (obviously). However the remap affects every component including the EGR valve.

6. The mods on my car are currently limited to a stock K&N air filter replacement and 205/60 R14 tyres. The car has around 1,00,000 kms on the odo.
ans : No issues. Should be well serviced.

7. Who would be carrying out the remap in Kerala? Do you have a tie-up/partnership here?
ans : Nope. Cosworth folks would be coming over.

8. What if we wanted to roll back the remap at a later point of time?
ans : Original map would be saved with reg. number. Can be reverted free of cost - however if required to travel to Kerala - would need the travel cost to be reimbursed.

Drive on,
Shibu
shibujp is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks