Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2012, 12:49   #76
BHPian

Re: Swift VDi Remapped

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Before taking the plunge,i really do need to drive your car,just to get a feel of it.Is it ok if i drop by in the first week of march on maybe a saturday?
Sure Rakesh you can. Just let me know before you come.
Thanks.
Old 17th February 2012, 13:51   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
Some of the questions I had asked Sarvesh and the answers, Might help..

1. You mentioned that the car should be fully serviced. Any specific engine or drive train components that should be given special attention?
ans : All sensors would have to be working fine. Malfunctioning sensors could compromise the remap.

2. Would the ECU remap have any problems as far as regular service at the dealer is concerned. I mean would the use of the scan tool or tune ups at the dealer workshop mess up the ECU remap as they would assume that it is a stock ECU? My car is out of it's warranty period so loss of warranty is not a concern.
ans : The remap would not be detectable. (hmm...) And no, regular service would not affect the remap.

Drive on,
Shibu
Seems we have a local Cosworth rep @ Trv? :P

Pete's too does remap and so does SpitFire.
Old 17th February 2012, 17:31   #78
BHPian

Congrats Satya. Njoy the (S)miles.

I have been contemplating about a tuning box for my 2006 Stock Esteem VXI.
I spoke the guys at RD (Chetan) and was told the benefits are in the range of 6-12% . Was a little disapointed after reading all the rave reviews on the dieselTRONIC and the 25-30% increase in power.

Has anyone tried remapping a petrol Esteem? What were the results?
Also, I am not too keen any additional mods such as FFE, etc. Will this limit the benefits i derive from the remapping?

I have emailed salesindia@cosworth.com with some questions. Will post their response once I receive it.

Ravi
Old 20th February 2012, 17:50   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Seems we have a local Cosworth rep @ Trv? :P

Pete's too does remap and so does SpitFire.
: No affiliation. I am particularly interested because of the VFM nature which I don't think Pete provides at least for me. I do know it's tough to extract performance on a budget but I think Cosworth does strike a sweet spot.

Drive on,
Shibu.
Old 20th February 2012, 18:33   #80
BHPian

Rakirank it is useless to modify naturally aspirated engines for power through ecu tuning as the benefits are minimal. Only turbo petrol's and diesels will make any difference. Like the skoda vrs which can be tuned to 190+ bhp without any hardware change.
Born2Slow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2012, 10:07   #81
BHPian

Update:
A few days ago, i opened up the Green CAI, and all its plumbing and got it washed, cleaned, dried and re oiled. I also re- routed the intake pipe toward the bottom left of the car. And honestly, the difference is quite noticable. The car feels like its breathing cleaner, smoother and freer.
Im also guessing that the Yokohama ES100's 205/60-14 are quite heavy. Theyve just completed more than 50000kms. Honestly i was interested in getting the Yoko Decibel series tyres for the car. Problem is, they are available only 15" and upwards. So i was thinking of getting the ANHC rims (15" 100PCD 4 Hole) rims for myself and getting 185 or 195 section Decibel series tyres on the car to make it a little comfortable and reduce road noise. What say?
Old 27th February 2012, 20:19   #82
BHPian

A very close friend of mine got his Getz 1.5 CRDi remapped by Cossie today. Results included 15 metre long tyre marks during launch, and insane power all over. And a very happy getz owner.. And a very very jealous Getz owners friend.
satya180 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2012, 12:15   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satya180
A very close friend of mine got his Getz 1.5 CRDi remapped by Cossie today. Results included 15 metre long tyre marks during launch, and insane power all over. And a very happy getz owner.. And a very very jealous Getz owners friend.
What are the new power figures ? Stock was 110, IIRC.
Old 28th February 2012, 13:42   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
: No affiliation. I am particularly interested because of the VFM nature which I don't think Pete provides at least for me. I do know it's tough to extract performance on a budget but I think Cosworth does strike a sweet spot.

Drive on,
Shibu.
So price-wise this is cheaper?
Old 28th February 2012, 14:03   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas

Yes it is. 16 k for the cosworth remap
Old 28th February 2012, 20:01   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satya180 View Post
Update:
A few days ago, i opened up the Green CAI, and all its plumbing and got it washed, cleaned, dried and re oiled. I also re- routed the intake pipe toward the bottom left of the car. And honestly, the difference is quite noticable. The car feels like its breathing cleaner, smoother and freer.
Im also guessing that the Yokohama ES100's 205/60-14 are quite heavy. Theyve just completed more than 50000kms. Honestly i was interested in getting the Yoko Decibel series tyres for the car. Problem is, they are available only 15" and upwards. So i was thinking of getting the ANHC rims (15" 100PCD 4 Hole) rims for myself and getting 185 or 195 section Decibel series tyres on the car to make it a little comfortable and reduce road noise. What say?
If you manage to get 15" Rims then I would recommend Michelin PS3. They are available in 195/50/R15
I have used 195/60/R15 Michelin Pilot Primacy then 195/55/R15 Michelin Pilot Preceda 2 and last was 195/50/R15 Michelin PP2.
Trust me, the PP2 are so much better and confidence inspiring and that is needed once you have more power.I had the Green Storm and Pete's box.
Since you have remapped,the PS3 would be a perfect upgrade. PS3 came as replacement for PP2 so they are equally good.
Old 29th February 2012, 13:28   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satya180 View Post
I am not surprised,Getz has long been known as a sleeper.How much did it cost?Is the same 16k or...?
Old 29th February 2012, 21:24   #88
BHPian

Amey- Thanks, will keep that in mind.. Also will keep you posted..

Yes, its the same 16k for any car..
Old 22nd March 2012, 11:40   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Drive on,
Shibu.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
There is this guy who does a "customized remap" at your doorstep.

tune-o-tronics.com/

He charges around 18K and maps the car according to your personal choice. Spends around 4 to 5 hours in your car with you driving around and giving him inputs on the changes you want.

Pretty reasonable price for getting exactly what you want.

PM me for more details.
Old 22nd March 2012, 17:40   #90
BHPian

Hello guys,

I am bit curious, what's the catch here? I mean I know remapping increases power, but I read somewhere in this forum that chipping means fooling ECU, pumping more fuel, hence getting more power. Even a car workshop owner (BHPian) confirmed it. In that case how can fuel efficiency improve? And if at all this miracle things works wonder, why don't manufacturers use them in stock cars? It would work wonders in their sales.

Experts please clarify.

Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks