Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2012, 20:38   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran
Do they work with the Cruze too? Their cost seems very reasonable. Do tell them to drop in to Cochin sometime in the near future.
Yes i guess they do the Cruze as well.. Call them and talk to Sarvesh Shah.. Hes the man!
Old 10th January 2012, 22:03   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: Swift VDi Remapped

Awesome, thanks for sharing the info. I was almost fixed on Race Dynamics Tuning and had even called up the dealer today. Now I see this very useful post from you.

Bro, where do you live in PUNE ? Can i get a test drive of your car , if you dont mind.
Old 10th January 2012, 22:47   #18
Senior - BHPian

Pretty interesting stuff. I looked up their website from the link posted - there's only very generic and minimal info on the site. No project car details, no dyno graphs - a tad disappointing really!

For a company selling performance products and remapping ECUs, they should do some of this quantitative research and put it on their website ideally, or ?
Old 11th January 2012, 00:47   #19
BHPian

Hi satya,

Compliments to you for compiling a wonderful report for a wonderful car !

Have you had any issues post remapping? I've known of Cosworth remaps, but they are fairly new in the field..
While on the subject of the Remap, can you please PM me Sarvesh's no.

I've been driving my boxed octy since July'11.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post2427767

And now been contemplating the Remap for the next level.
Old 11th January 2012, 10:27   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Awesome, thanks for sharing the info. I was almost fixed on Race Dynamics Tuning and had even called up the dealer today. Now I see this very useful post from you.

Bro, where do you live in PUNE ? Can i get a test drive of your car , if you dont mind.
sure.. i stay in pimpale saudagar. we can fix something up in the evening and you can drive the car, no issues at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
Pretty interesting stuff. I looked up their website from the link posted - there's only very generic and minimal info on the site. No project car details, no dyno graphs - a tad disappointing really!

For a company selling performance products and remapping ECUs, they should do some of this quantitative research and put it on their website ideally, or ?
Yes the website should be a little more informative. Calling them would clear all your doubts though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro CV8 View Post
Hi satya,

Compliments to you for compiling a wonderful report for a wonderful car !

Have you had any issues post remapping? I've known of Cosworth remaps, but they are fairly new in the field..
While on the subject of the Remap, can you please PM me Sarvesh's no.

I've been driving my boxed octy since July'11.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post2427767

And now been contemplating the Remap for the next level.
I have not faced ANY issue till date. Yes they are fairly new, i thought of the same. But i also know that the map was being developed for over 8 months, and it being Cosworth, i trusted them. It also does full justice to the filter now.
Also, PM'd you Sarvesh's number.
satya180 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2012, 11:17   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satya180

sure.. i stay in pimpale saudagar. we can fix something up in the evening and you can drive the car, no issues at all.

I have not faced ANY issue till date. Yes they are fairly new, i thought of the same. But i also know that the map was being developed for over 8 months, and it being Cosworth, i trusted them. It also does full justice to the filter now.
Also, PM'd you Sarvesh's number.
So total landed cost would be 16 K for the remap and how much did you part for the filter and which one are you using ?
Old 11th January 2012, 11:27   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
So total landed cost would be 16 K for the remap and how much did you part for the filter and which one are you using ?
Yes, cost for Pune guys is Rs.16,000/- . For the filter, a Green Storm Cold Air Intake Kit, i had paid approx Rs. 10,000/-
Old 11th January 2012, 13:44   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satya180 View Post
Yes, cost for Pune guys is Rs.16,000/- . For the filter, a Green Storm Cold Air Intake Kit, i had paid approx Rs. 10,000/-
And you may also buy the Green Storm Filter directly from the main dealer, rather than a sub-distributor (in your case - Tune up plus).
Its a lot cheaper also.
check out:
Pete's Automotive Products Pvt Limited> Main Section > Green Filters > Universal Filters > Green Filter Universal Storm
Old 11th January 2012, 14:21   #24
BHPian

Quote:
And you may also buy the Green Storm Filter directly from the main dealer, rather than a sub-distributor (in your case - Tune up plus).
Its a lot cheaper also.
check out:
Pete's Automotive Products Pvt Limited> Main Section > Green Filters > Universal Filters > Green Filter Universal Storm
Add to that the Dynamisation kit, fitting, labour and the dealer warranty. I couldve fit it myself, but Mr. Lonkar (Tune Up Plus) was very helpful wrt everything. So i decided to get it fitted there itself.
satya180 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2012, 14:22   #25
Senior - BHPian

Hi Satya,

The stock Swift does have issue with braking which at best can be termed as adequate. With the increased power do you face issues in this department?

Drive on,
Shibu.
Old 11th January 2012, 14:32   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Add to that the Dynamisation kit, fitting, labour and the dealer warranty. I couldve fit it myself, but Mr. Lonkar (Tune Up Plus) was very helpful wrt everything. So i decided to get it fitted there itself.

That's correct.
You are right Satya!

I completely forgot to mention the Green Filter Storm Fitting & Dynamisation Kit.
Pete's Automotive Products Pvt Limited> Main Section > Green Filters > Universal Filters > Green Filter Wind Fitting and Dynamisation kit
Old 11th January 2012, 14:49   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
Hi Satya,

The stock Swift does have issue with braking which at best can be termed as adequate. With the increased power do you face issues in this department?

Drive on,
Shibu.
Yes Shibu,
the brakes are a major issue, especially with the 2009 Swifts (the one with the master cylinder part no: xxxxxxx10). A few of my friends have newer 2010 and 2011 model swifts, and their brakes are much better because of the upgraded master cyclinder (part no. xxxxxxx11).
Honestly, what i want to do is a 16" Alloy wheel + bigger Brake Rotor upgrade. But i just know that the swift will start disintegrating the day the upgrade is done, starting from the interiors and slowly taking a toll on the suspension. And this being a daily runner seeing almost 75% or dirt road, i do not wish to upgrade to 16".I would hence be only going for better brake pads, once these wear out or are unusable.
But i do not deny that the brake setup currently is inadequate even for stock power, and with the remap, its just hopeless.
Quote:
That's correct.
You are right Satya!

I completely forgot to mention the Green Filter Storm Fitting & Dynamisation Kit.
Pete's Automotive Products Pvt Limited> Main Section > Green Filters > Universal Filters > Green Filter Wind Fitting and Dynamisation kit
No its this one Pete's Automotive Products Pvt Limited> Main Section > Green Filters > Universal Filters > Green Filter Storm Fitting and Dynamisation kit
the one you mentioned is for the Wind. Mine is the Storm. 5950+3200+Transport was ~10000.
satya180 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2012, 19:18   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But i do not deny that the brake setup currently is inadequate even for stock power, and with the remap, its just hopeless.
Hmm - a tarox brake upgrade seems to be a necessity with this upgrade. My visions have just been tempered by reality.

Drive on,
Shibu.
Old 12th January 2012, 00:16   #29
BHPian

I totally agree.. Brake upgrade coming sooner than you think
Old 12th January 2012, 06:45   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satya180
I totally agree.. Brake upgrade coming sooner than you think
What its the cost of brake upgrade bro ? Mine is a 2010 swift, would I need the brake upgrade as well ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks