Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2012, 19:02   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Swift VDi Remapped

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianvirus View Post
...I am bit curious, what's the catch here? I mean I know remapping increases power, but I read somewhere in this forum that chipping means fooling ECU, pumping more fuel, hence getting more power. Even a car workshop owner (BHPian) confirmed it....
Good question and I too keep wondering the same about the remap. I went to the FAQ of the Tune-O-Tronics site and this is what he has to say

Quote:
Why would my vehicle not have the optimal maps installed as standard?
The manufacturers are restricted by law to limit the power available in the engine map between 2000 - 3000 RPM. This was introduced to reduce emissions but the consequence of this is that drivers use more throttle to counteract the lack of power and in fact increase emissions. Manufactures also build in tolerances to account for people who may not have their vehicles serviced in accordance with the recommended service period. A way of doing this is to limit the power available through settings in the ECU. Additionally your vehicle will be restricted to take into consideration sub-standard fuels which we no longer have in India.
While i am not sure how much of it is true, i find it hard to believe about legality issues limiting power in the 2k-3k RPM. To delve deeper, I checked on EngineCal website. Now these people provide Customized tuning for the tuning box they provide. This is what they have to say

Quote:
Will my mileage be affected?
Your vehicle’s fuel consumption, depending on the Calibration that we jointly select, can improve by as much as 8-10% as long as your driving style is not altered after the power upgrade
TDI Racing and Pete's did not have an FAQ on their site. But what enginecal says seems believable as it mostly depends on driving style.

Last edited by abhinav.s : 22nd March 2012 at 19:04.
Old 24th March 2012, 13:41   #92
BHPian

Yes, fuel consumption totally depends on your driving style. My cars economy varies from 14kmpl to 19kmpl over the same 20km stretch depending upon the time of the day and hence my driving style. This is better than the figures before the remap, driving during the same times of the day.
However, i can confidently say that fuel economy during the same 400 and 900km routes has improved by almost 10%. These are the times when dad is in the passenger seat and hence my driving style is more or less unaltered.
All said and done, it is EXTREMELY difficult to have a light foot post remap.
Old 24th March 2012, 15:10   #93
BHPian

Hi Satya, Would like to test drive your car before I take plunge. If you have time this weekend please let me know. I stay at Pashan. Thanks.
Old 25th March 2012, 09:41   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijitvp View Post
Hi Satya, Would like to test drive your car before I take plunge. If you have time this weekend please let me know. I stay at Pashan. Thanks.
Hey Abhijit,
Sure you can drive the car, no issues. I have a thursday off, so weekends remain a bit difficult for me. However, ill PM you my number, we can decide then.
Old 29th March 2012, 12:29   #95
BHPian

Sorry Satya for using your thread but this is the only thread on Cosworth Remap as of now. I am located in Delhi & my car is going through Mid life crisis (Swift Diesel VDI 2008) & so to avoid buying a new car now i wanted to give Swift a shot in its arm.

I would like to ask fell BHPians from NCR, if they are interested in getting the Remap done from Cosworth.I have a decent one time offer deal organized with Sarvesh (Cosworth) to do remap of 4 Cars(from NCRs) without any additional charges for the travel he/his team member will make to do the remap.

Remap will cost 16K.

I have Vijit & myself already going for it but we need two more interested candidates located in NCR. So PM me if any one of you are interested in getting the Remap done by Cosworth.
saurabhdadhichi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2012, 15:18   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhdadhichi View Post
Sorry Satya for using your thread but this is the only thread on Cosworth Remap as of now. I am located in Delhi & my car is going through Mid life crisis (Swift Diesel VDI 2008) & so to avoid buying a new car now i wanted to give Swift a shot in its arm.

I would like to ask fell BHPians from NCR, if they are interested in getting the Remap done from Cosworth.I have a decent one time offer deal organized with Sarvesh (Cosworth) to do remap of 4 Cars(from NCRs) without any additional charges for the travel he/his team member will make to do the remap.

Remap will cost 16K.

I have Vijit & myself already going for it but we need two more interested candidates located in NCR. So PM me if any one of you are interested in getting the Remap done by Cosworth.
What are the chances man..? I emailed COSWORTH yesterday regarding the ECU remapping of my Optra-SRV and got a reply today from Sarvesh. He says he could schedule the process for my car on their next Delhi visit. I am very much interested but still looking for other options for remapping as well. What do you guys suggest..?? Is it worth it..?? And will it make much difference in the performance of my car's 1.6 VGIS (non turbo) petrol engine..?? Please guys, help me out here as I really want to give my car the performance boost it deserves to match the looks.
Old 29th March 2012, 17:00   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrazy View Post
What are the chances man..? I emailed COSWORTH yesterday regarding the ECU remapping of my Optra-SRV and got a reply today from Sarvesh. He says he could schedule the process for my car on their next Delhi visit. I am very much interested but still looking for other options for remapping as well. What do you guys suggest..?? Is it worth it..?? And will it make much difference in the performance of my car's 1.6 VGIS (non turbo) petrol engine..?? Please guys, help me out here as I really want to give my car the performance boost it deserves to match the looks.
Hi

Its totally a personal choice, what atleast i could make out was that Cosworth would ensure there is definitely increase in power & that would be noticeable as well. However what i could recommend is to speak to Sarvesh once on his contact number to have your queries answered.

For me the choice for Cosworth is because of the brand as well as the price they are charging is quite reasonable & from Satya's experience he doesn't seem to be having any regret, so would suggest you to go for it once you have your queries answered.

PM me in case you opt for this so that we can then plan Sarvesh's visit somewhere end of April. However if i count you in then ensure that you stick to it else the travelling cost would have to be borne by the other three Car owners
Old 3rd July 2012, 14:03   #98
Senior - BHPian

Hi Satya,any updates on your ride?How's your car performing.A quick update would be welcome
Old 13th October 2012, 09:50   #99
BHPian

@rakesh- car has done 98k kms now. Still running perfect and fine. CAI was cleaned and reoiled at 95k kms service. The intake pipe position also has been changed to a bit towards the front as the rains have finally stopped. A 100000km update and a unbiased comparison with another Swift ( Dieseltronic tuning box, CAI and a catback exhaust) will follow soon.
satya180 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2012, 11:13   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satya180 View Post
@rakesh- car has done 98k kms now. Still running perfect and fine. CAI was cleaned and reoiled at 95k kms service. The intake pipe position also has been changed to a bit towards the front as the rains have finally stopped. A 100000km update and a unbiased comparison with another Swift ( Dieseltronic tuning box, CAI and a catback exhaust) will follow soon.
Satya, Any updates on your car?
Old 12th December 2012, 11:02   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselLover View Post
Satya, Any updates on your car?
The car has done nearly 101000kms now.. still running as good and strong.. are you looking for any specific updates?
satya180 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2013, 13:03   #102
BHPian

Satya, wonderful thread with lots of information. I have mailed Cosworth as I cannot get through their numbers. Might look for a remap after a brief talk with them.
Old 18th February 2013, 15:40   #103
BHPian

Quote:
The car is back from service today, and there is a nicer feel to the car now thanks to the oils and filters being changed. Brake upgrade did not happen, and is due for 29th.. Before that, i will also be posting some gps timed performance results.. And photos..
Do you have any updates for us on the Brake upgrades that was supposed to happen on your swift? Pls let me know as am contemplating the same.
Old 19th February 2013, 14:02   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
Do you have any updates for us on the Brake upgrades that was supposed to happen on your swift? Pls let me know as am contemplating the same.
I got the Bosch brake pads. Felt better than the stock ones.
I sold my car last month.
Old 19th February 2013, 14:26   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I got the Bosch brake pads. Felt better than the stock ones.
I sold my car last month.
How much did the bosch brake pads cost ? The stock ones cost about 1.5k i guess .
Hope we will be seeing a new thread of your new ride soon .

Cheers

Last edited by Schoudhury : 19th February 2013 at 14:39.

Most Viewed