Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2012, 16:54   #16
BHPian

Re: From China, With Love - Fluidic Verna HID Installation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
I saw this in the owners manual at SX4 Owners Manual

Can you check the owner's manual? I do not have access to it at the moment!
It says H11 there, but I think that's for the overseas version.
I went down to my car and checked the manual. It's H8's! Please try and contact the seller ASAP and change it!
ChrisFrancis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2012, 16:58   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFrancis View Post
It says H11 there, but I think that's for the overseas version.
I went down to my car and checked the manual. It's H8's! Please try and contact the seller ASAP and change it!
Its already shipped! Anyway, I saw in t-bhp http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...an-cars-2.html that these are the same type of bulbs and the main difference is that H11's are available in a higher wattage. I will try to fit them and see if they are the right fit!
Old 13th January 2012, 17:11   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Its already shipped! Anyway, I saw in t-bhp http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...an-cars-2.html that these are the same type of bulbs and the main difference is that H11's are available in a higher wattage. I will try to fit them and see if they are the right fit!
Ah well you're lucky then. I made the mistake of having the wrong bulbs for my projectors. Took a month and $90 to get the correct ones!
Anyway, hope they fit!

Last edited by ChrisFrancis : 13th January 2012 at 17:17.
Old 13th January 2012, 18:40   #19
Senior - BHPian

Very nice work Tassem. This is highly inspiring. The throw from the HID and High is amazing.

How much for a set of Osram Nightbreaker Plus?
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2012, 20:17   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the detailed photo's Tassem. I ordered a set of H11 4300K HID's yesterday! I plan to fit them in either the Swift or the SX4 fogs. I have one question on the length of these bulbs. Are they of the same length as the standard halogen bulbs used in the fogs or are they longer?
Hey, They're longer than the halogen counterparts. IIRC SX4 fogs use H11 and Swift uses H8. Not a 100% sure though. If it turns out to be the wrong bulb type, you can always order a set of extra bulbs and sell the H11 here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Very nice work Tassem. This is highly inspiring. The throw from the HID and High is amazing.

How much for a set of Osram Nightbreaker Plus?
I got these for INR950 from Cochin.
Old 13th January 2012, 20:36   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassem View Post

Since your reflector is already fried, give a call to Ganesh @ 09488030384. He's based in Salem and does some really good projector retrofits. You can send him your existing headlamps and he will do the conversion.

IIRC it will cost you 7-9k all inclusive for the Projector Retrofit and HID Kit.
i would be seriously interested in converting my Figo headlamps. Could you give me more info on ganesh. Do you have first hand experience with his work. Does he have a shop. Basically i want to know everything that a newbie would want to know about the person he is going to deal with for the first time
Old 13th January 2012, 20:44   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
i would be seriously interested in converting my Figo headlamps. Could you give me more info on ganesh. Do you have first hand experience with his work. Does he have a shop. Basically i want to know everything that a newbie would want to know about the person he is going to deal with for the first time
Hey I forgot to mention that its possible to get aftermarket replacements for a fraction of the company cost. Take a look at Depo and see if they have yours in stock. Since Figo is new, it may be difficult.

As for Ganesh, I do not have first hand experience with him. I saw a couple of cars done by him and it was good work. Retrofitting is a simple process as long as you have the right tools. However, research on projectors before you decide as they each have their pros and cons. Give him a call. He's a friendly fella.

Also, take a look at Hella Micro DE projectors. They're quite good. But require a separate mounting point and possible modifications to the bumper.
Old 15th January 2012, 16:03   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: From China, With Love - Fluidic Hyundai Verna HID Installation

Guys, i placed a order for these fog lamps HID from the above mentioned link.First i created a pay pal account.Later when i tried to buy it, it page said you cannot buy with the credit card now etc etc. I tried 3 times and all it failed. Each of these 3 times 1$ was deducted from my account(i got message on my phone). Later i tried again after 4 hours and the transaction went through. But why did the 1$ get deducted each time for the failed transaction. I am worried now! Any one knows how to contact payPal and get this info clarified?
Old 16th January 2012, 22:02   #24
BHPian

@Tassem - Really good post with lots of authentic information. Congratulations and Thanks from all of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
But why did the 1$ get deducted each time for the failed transaction.
If I remember right, I think it is part of their verification process which eventually gets refunded. There are many posts on various fora regarding this and honestly I have not read enough of them to be conclusive.

Send them a protest on multiple debits anyway.

Last edited by basky : 16th January 2012 at 22:05.
basky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2012, 13:23   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Before we start, I need to make it clear that all the pics you see below are taken from the Vendor website. Normally I put up my own pics. But this time around, I chose to do this due to a very good reason. More on that later.
Two questions. One is listed above. And the second one, you mentioned that one of the fog lights were positioned/focused below the other one to prevent it from affecting oncoming traffic. How did you do that?

Have you had the opportunity to compare these lights with halogens in foggy conditions? I've read posts that say HID are near useless in such conditions. When the output is 10 times the output of a halogen, how true can that be?

I'm seriously looking at buying this for the Scorpio. I was hesitant as the same thread said that installing HIDs without projectors will affect oncoming traffic - whether in the fogs or in the headlights. I'm looking forward to pictures taken from front.

With the Scorpio's higher headlights, I was that much more hesitant. But now that I've seen your results, I'm willing to give it a try. Need to check if the additional length of HID bulbs will fit in without fouling anywhere. Also, there is a large space between the wheels and that guards. I'll have to take precautions to make sure it doesn't get knocked off quickly

Do post installation pictures once you get your 4300k bulbs.
Old 17th January 2012, 19:05   #26
BHPian

Quote:
But why did the 1$ get deducted each time for the failed transaction
This usually gets refunded within a week. They do this to check if the card details you entered are accurate. Did you not get a message that advised you to wait till this process was complete before you made a transaction? Paypal is very customer centric. Raise a dispute and they'll help you out. Remember to mention the transaction ID.

Quote:
Originally Posted by triedeverything View Post
Two questions. One is listed above. And the second one, you mentioned that one of the fog lights were positioned/focused below the other one to prevent it from affecting oncoming traffic. How did you do that?
I used spacers around the fog lamp screws so that light was aimed lower. Add spacers to the top mounting screws and the lamp will start facing lower.

Quote:
Have you had the opportunity to compare these lights with halogens in foggy conditions? I've read posts that say HID are near useless in such conditions. When the output is 10 times the output of a halogen, how true can that be?
Haven't tried it in fog. HIDs being ineffective in fog is true to an extent. But only only for lamps with color temperature above 4300K. I'll try and explain. Fog is usually white. And if you project bright white light with a ton of glare, you end up lighting the fog in front of you. Of course a part of the light cuts through and lights the road ahead, but you wont be able to notice it because the fog in front of you appears brighter since its closer to you. Try keeping a bright light source on your dashboard while driving in a dark road. You will find it difficult to see the road clearly. When we use yellow lamps, the light reflected off is minimized and you have more usable light on the road. Moreover fog lamps are placed low on the bumper so that they don't light up the fog much. Bear in mind that fog usually appears around a feet or more above the surface of the road. I hope this makes sense.

The same is true for any white lamp. White light reduces our ability to distinguish details. Noticed how some pictures appear with details washed out when too much flash is used? The best color temperature for road use is somewhere between 3400-5000K. I went for 6000k because I am vain Anything above 6000K is plain stupid.

Quote:
I'm seriously looking at buying this for the Scorpio. I was hesitant as the same thread said that installing HIDs without projectors will affect oncoming traffic - whether in the fogs or in the headlights. I'm looking forward to pictures taken from front.
Well you're right. Since the Scorpio has fog lamps mounted at almost my headlamp level, there will be glare. But nothing phenomenal or worse than most other cars on the road. I'll be honest with you, A lot of people will jump into the 'Holier Than Thou' bandwagon and advise you to stick to projectors. I will agree with them when it comes to headlamps. But in fogs, don't bother. The only time the stock lamps appear insufficient is when there is a moron opposite you refusing to get off high beam. And in such situations, every bit of light helps. Also Fog lamps have a very even and flat beam pattern. Almost bar like. Installing HIDs will only change this slightly and perhaps make the bar wider. However in headlamps, the beam pattern is heavily altered if you install HID.

The pictures are in my camera and will be uploaded shortly.

Quote:
With the Scorpio's higher headlights, I was that much more hesitant. But now that I've seen your results, I'm willing to give it a try. Need to check if the additional length of HID bulbs will fit in without fouling anywhere. Also, there is a large space between the wheels and that guards. I'll have to take precautions to make sure it doesn't get knocked off quickly

Do post installation pictures once you get your 4300k bulbs.
Installation should be a cinch on the scorpio due to the exposed fog lamp rear. Don't worry about the ballast et all coming off. Zip ties are unimaginably strong! My 4300K bulbs should be here in another 3 weeks or less.

Last edited by Tassem : 17th January 2012 at 19:07.
Old 17th January 2012, 20:48   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This usually gets refunded within a week. They do this to check if the card details you entered are accurate. Did you not get a message that advised you to wait till this process was complete before you made a transaction? Paypal is very customer centric. Raise a dispute and they'll help you out. Remember to mention the transaction ID.

Will wait for one week and then write them a mail

I have order for 4300K kit.i20 also has 881 bulbs. Infact all hyundai car fog lamps use the same bulb spec!

One damper for my DIY install.The screw that holds the wheel well guard to the bumper is made of plastic and is not budging! If i apply more pressure then the plastic starts giving away.Guess i have to remove the screws at service center and then do my DIY!!!!

Did you use any relay for the HID? Why i am asking is the stock bulbs are 27 watts and the HID are 35 watts. Although 8 watts wont do any harm,but still.
Old 17th January 2012, 23:01   #28
BHPian

Quote:
One damper for my DIY install.The screw that holds the wheel well guard to the bumper is made of plastic and is not budging! If i apply more pressure then the plastic starts giving away.Guess i have to remove the screws at service center and then do my DIY!!!!
Sure it is a screw and not a press fit with a lock which is seen in most vehicles? Either way, a shot of WD40 and light tapping with a nylon hammer will ease out the muck which jams it. Enjoy your DIY and just remember to take snaps of work in progress.
Old 17th January 2012, 23:08   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Did you remove the screw and tug at the wheel arch cover or the bumper? You're supposed to pull out the bumper. The wheel cover wont give.

Quote:
Did you use any relay for the HID? Why i am asking is the stock bulbs are 27 watts and the HID are 35 watts. Although 8 watts wont do any harm,but still.
A relay is required. 8 watts is the nominal difference. But at startup the ballast will draw close to 20A for a fraction of a second. This will then settle to <5A. The initial draw is not long enough to blow the headlamp fuse, but over time may fatigue the system. You may also notice funny behavior in other electronic components in your car which may be sensitive to power fluctuations. For example, your audio system may restart when you turn the HID on.
Old 18th January 2012, 08:43   #30
BHPian

So the first question was why you used the pictures on the vendors site rather than your own. You said you'd say why later

I checked the Scorpio's manual and it says it uses 35 W BAS15D bulbs in the front fog lamps. Is this a standard? Or is there an international specification I need to use while searching? Hoping to buy from the same vendor, I just searched for BAS15D in ebay and there were no results.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks