Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2012, 15:29   #46
BHPian

Re: From China, With Love - Fluidic Hyundai Verna HID Installation

No, I ordered it earlier. So I got a message saying that the item was shipped a day after I ordered it.

I didn't get any tracking ID. And I ordered it probably in the last week of Jan. So it's after your order.

Last edited by triedeverything : 1st February 2012 at 15:56.
Old 1st February 2012, 15:38   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by triedeverything View Post
No, I ordered it earlier. So I got a message saying that the item was shipped a day after I ordered it.

Ok cool.So when did you order it? Because i ordered it on Jan 15 and got this message on Jan 16!

EDIT: Even my item status says "shipped". But i have not received a mail from the seller saying its shipped.Just that the shipped icon on the home page beside the item is coloured. Did you get a tracking number too?

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 1st February 2012 at 15:41.
Old 2nd February 2012, 19:55   #48
BHPian

I received the bulbs ordered by me today. I had ordered H11 type on 13th Jan and H8 type on 14th Jan and both were delivered today. Now I need to get these installed!
Old 2nd February 2012, 20:01   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

I mailed the seller whatwears-de again regarding the status. According to him the H27 4300K 35W HID are out of stock and has asked the supplier to send fresh stocks.Hence would ship once they get the stocks. I dunno whether to believe this reasoning of not .

@mtnrajdeep -Can you please post some pics of the bulbs of both types here for reference

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 2nd February 2012 at 20:03.
Old 14th February 2012, 22:17   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

I got my HID kit delivered today. Unfortunately there is no wiring diagram on how the connections should be made.I am attaching the pics .Please guide me on where which connection should go?!
From China, With Love - Fluidic Hyundai Verna HID Installation-20120214-21.12.28.jpg

From China, With Love - Fluidic Hyundai Verna HID Installation-20120214-21.12.52.jpg

From China, With Love - Fluidic Hyundai Verna HID Installation-20120214-21.13.02.jpg

From China, With Love - Fluidic Hyundai Verna HID Installation-20120214-21.13.21.jpg

From China, With Love - Fluidic Hyundai Verna HID Installation-20120214-21.14.09.jpg
Old 15th February 2012, 09:46   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki
I got my HID kit delivered today. Unfortunately there is no wiring diagram on how the connections should be made.I am attaching the pics .Please guide me on where which connection should go?!
Good news that you got the HID's finally. All i can see from the pics are the HID's and the ballasts. There should be a wiring kit with a relay. The stock fog light wiring would not suffice for the amount of current the fog lights would need. Check if there is a relay or else you would have to order one or do some jugaad.
Old 18th February 2012, 14:48   #52
BHPian

thanks a lot Tassem.
was looking for something similar.
I was stuck at Hella DE micro fog lamps (Susquehanna MotorSports - Auto Performance Product)

and now I have better options here.

Dont we have LED bulbs below 3500k, which could be a great option?
Old 25th February 2012, 22:03   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

I installed the bulbs which i had purchased today. Yes the fog lamps are now intense bright and looks bling. But there is a more serious drawback of having such high intensity short range HID.

The problem is the HID in the fogs illuminate the 10-15 feet in front of your car with a huge amount of light . This inturn makes the eyes adjust to the brighter light and contract the pupils! What this means is that everything beyond that 15 feet is very dull and you cant comprehend them instantly! This is a serious risk while driving. Also since the light is really white(4300K) and the head lamps are yellow they look very dull when you put them on.

So i have got two conclusions from this

Make sure all your driving lights are of same/similar color temperature so that the eyes can adjust .In this case either i have to upgrade my head lamps to white bulbs or i should have got yellow fog lamp bulbs.

Usage-Use the HID fog lamps in either of the following combinations.

1)Only HID fog
2)Normal halogen head lamps
3) HID fog + High beam

HID log+ low beam does not make any difference since your eyes cant adjust to the variations in brightness at so short distances.

Also i have installed the fog on the stock fog lamp relay which is 20A. Just plug and play.Hope 20A is sufficient

One side effect is the radio reception gets distorted when the HID is on. I dont know how its causing the interference to radio. I have placed both the Ballasts at the either sides of the engine bay.Is this a OK place or should i place them somewhere else?

All in all i am just satisfied with the HID install.Nothing great to write home about

Suggestions and brickbats are welcome
Old 26th February 2012, 17:52   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
I installed the bulbs which i had purchased today. Yes the fog lamps are now intense bright and looks bling. But there is a more serious drawback of having such high intensity short range HID.

Suggestions and brickbats are welcome
Hi Sagarpadaki

I saw your post regarding the pictures just now! Anyway, since you have already installed it, did you try adjusting the fog light beam? I was able to adjust the beam in my Swift and now, when switched on, the fog lights cover upto 90% of the low beam area. Also, the lights are white initially but after the bulbs reach their operating temperature the color changes to yellow.
Old 26th February 2012, 22:48   #55
BHPian

Quote:

Also i have installed the fog on the stock fog lamp relay which is 20A. Just plug and play.Hope 20A is sufficient
Do post pictures please.

I'm pretty sure you need a relay as the bulbs are 35 W and the OE fogs were only 20W.

I wrote to the seller and he said that if I didn't get my kit by the end of this week, he'd send me another pair.

I've got myself the Nightbreakers and have ordered for a pair of Roolites from Australia. Will post pictures once I get all the parts and I complete installation.
Old 27th February 2012, 20:39   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep

Hi Sagarpadaki

I saw your post regarding the pictures just now! Anyway, since you have already installed it, did you try adjusting the fog light beam? I was able to adjust the beam in my Swift and now, when switched on, the fog lights cover upto 90% of the low beam area. Also, the lights are white initially but after the bulbs reach their operating temperature the color changes to yellow.
I have not adjusted the fog lamps because I don't want to glare the oncoming traffic. Let it be as near the road as possible.

The color is pure white. I am doubting if its indeed 4300k.looks like 6000k to me. Though the bulb says 4300k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by triedeverything

Do post pictures please.

I'm pretty sure you need a relay as the bulbs are 35 W and the OE fogs were only 20W.

I wrote to the seller and he said that if I didn't get my kit by the end of this week, he'd send me another pair.

I've got myself the Nightbreakers and have ordered for a pair of Roolites from Australia. Will post pictures once I get all the parts and I complete installation.

The stock fog lamp relays are 20A. Since the ballasts draw upto 10A each on start up I think it can handle it. If I had installed relay it would no longer have been a plug and play and would require cutting the wires which I did not want.

After a minute the current draw stabilizes at 3 to 3.5 amps

The stock fog lamps are 27 watts

Sorry I don't have any installation pics. I was busy making sure that everything was being done properly!!!
Old 2nd March 2012, 16:50   #57
BHPian

Quote:
I have not adjusted the fog lamps because I don't want to glare the oncoming traffic. Let it be as near the road as possible.

The color is pure white. I am doubting if its indeed 4300k.looks like 6000k to me. Though the bulb says 4300k.

The stock fog lamp relays are 20A. Since the ballasts draw upto 10A each on start up I think it can handle it. If I had installed relay it would no longer have been a plug and play and would require cutting the wires which I did not want.

After a minute the current draw stabilizes at 3 to 3.5 amps

The stock fog lamps are 27 watts

Sorry I don't have any installation pics. I was busy making sure that everything was being done properly!!!
Sagar,

Check your reflectors for damage immediately and remove the HID globes if you notice that the chrome has faded.

I just noticed it this morning. I don't remember if it was there earlier. Its nothing huge, just a distinctive fading right above the globes. Not the entire reflector.

I thought I'll put this here because a lot of us seem to be going for the HID swap.

Also, get relays installed. I don't remember if I told you this on the PM, but the ballast power consumption spikes for a fraction of a second at startup. To notice this, keep your audio on USB and turn the HID on. Chances are the USB will reset to first song. This is because of the sudden power loss in the system.

Also, it appears your ballast is causing radio interference. This may or may not be due to the OEM wiring. All the more reason to shift to a relay setup. If it does not fix it, they will mail you a replacement without any questions asked.

You don't need to cut any wires to install the relay. Remove the cable that supplies power to one ballast. Its a direct fit to the OEM fog lamp cable. Route it to power up the relay. Then you can wire up both the ballasts directly from the relay supply. I hope this makes sense

Do let me know.

Last edited by Tassem : 2nd March 2012 at 17:00.
Old 2nd March 2012, 21:54   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassem View Post
Sagar,

Check your reflectors for damage immediately and remove the HID globes if you notice that the chrome has faded.

I just noticed it this morning. I don't remember if it was there earlier. Its nothing huge, just a distinctive fading right above the globes. Not the entire reflector.

I thought I'll put this here because a lot of us seem to be going for the HID swap.

Also, get relays installed. I don't remember if I told you this on the PM, but the ballast power consumption spikes for a fraction of a second at startup. To notice this, keep your audio on USB and turn the HID on. Chances are the USB will reset to first song. This is because of the sudden power loss in the system.

Also, it appears your ballast is causing radio interference. This may or may not be due to the OEM wiring. All the more reason to shift to a relay setup. If it does not fix it, they will mail you a replacement without any questions asked.

You don't need to cut any wires to install the relay. Remove the cable that supplies power to one ballast. Its a direct fit to the OEM fog lamp cable. Route it to power up the relay. Then you can wire up both the ballasts directly from the relay supply. I hope this makes sense

Do let me know.
Tassem, I have not noticed any discoloration in the reflectors.But will keep an eye on them.Thanks for the heads up!

Well i think there is a slight confusion with the wiring .Let me explain
The power input plug on the ballast side is a Male type socket(The red thick short cable coming out of the ballast in the above pics).

The Connectors on the HID bulb side as well as stock Fog lamp socket are of female type. Additionally, in HID the other end of the female socket has two open leads which can go into the stock fog lamp socket

Now the connection according to you would be to plug the stock fog lamp socket into the socket that would provide power to the Ballast and which is on the Bulb side . But i am not able to figure out how does a relay fit in between in these connection without cutting/splicing any wire because the input socket to the fog lamp bulb as well as the input socket in the HID kit which goes into the Ballast(Red) is also female type!

The connection i have right now is
stock fog lamp socket(Female Type)->Leads inserted into stock fog lamp socket(Female type) -> The other end of the leads is a HID female socket which goes into the male socket of the HID ballast giving it power ->O/P to the bulbs from the Ballast.

Can you show how can i put a relay in this setup if i directly plug in the stock fog lamp socket into the Ballast for powering it?

Will check if the USB turns off/on when i power the HID on. Have only tested with CD/Radio now and it seems to work fine.

BTW, have you removed the HID kit from your car because of the discolouration?

EDIT : I have attached the wiring pic. How can socket 1 go into socket 2 or vice versa since both are of female type?
Attached Thumbnails
From China, With Love - Fluidic Hyundai Verna HID Installation-wiring.jpg  

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 2nd March 2012 at 22:06.
Old 30th March 2012, 21:12   #59
BHPian

I finally got the kit, yesterday. Almost 2 months, but I'm impressed with the quality. Can anyone tell me how to connect this? I've got more connectors than places to plug it in.

What are the two wires marked A?
Where does the B connector fit?
Where does the C connector fit? I'm thinking C goes into the connection going to the present halogen bulb. As the existing bulb is 35 W, I don't think I'll need a relay, it should be a plug and play... but where to plug what... that is the big question

From China, With Love - Fluidic Hyundai Verna HID Installation-hid-connections.jpg

Last edited by triedeverything : 30th March 2012 at 21:15.
Old 31st March 2012, 01:19   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by triedeverything
I finally got the kit, yesterday. Almost 2 months, but I'm impressed with the quality. Can anyone tell me how to connect this? I've got more connectors than places to plug it in.

What are the two wires marked A?
Where does the B connector fit?
Where does the C connector fit? I'm thinking C goes into the connection going to the present halogen bulb. As the existing bulb is 35 W, I don't think I'll need a relay, it should be a plug and play... but where to plug what... that is the big question
B will go into C . And the open leads marked A will go into the existing fog lamp socket
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed