Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2012, 08:16   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Perhaps the First Ever Linea with Projector headlights !!

Awesome work. What is the total cost of the mod ?

Daytime pics with the rings switched on would be worth seeing.
F150 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2012, 08:53   #17
BHPian

Great work amit,request you to share the details of the customers clearance process and the the total cost of the equipment.

The car lights looks amazing.
Old 15th January 2012, 11:18   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Wow, wonderful is the word. The rings looks awesome.

On the oncoming high beam lights, i have stopped bothering as you always get a moron frequently who refuses to budge no matter what you do. Flash and request and if he obliges then fine otherwise let it pass.

The big question is, how much of vitamin M went into this mod?
yeah i too am doing the same now days. i flash once or twice. still they dont budge. so i just pass away with pain in my eyes.

but since 2 days after this install i flash at them once and most of them budge and lower the beams.

Vitamin M - Rs.15000 approx which includes projectors+hids+canbus ballasts+ Custom duty Rs.2500+ headlight dismantaling charges
Old 15th January 2012, 13:03   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Amit, know exactly what you mean about being blinded every night to the point that you can't see what's in front of you.
Recently got HIDs (55W) and Osram Night Breaker Plus installed as well in the Merc, and the difference is great! The best part is that the projector keeps the lights focussed well so as to not blind anyone, and the high beams do their job if ever required.
Old 15th January 2012, 13:05   #20
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Thats one mean looking car. (but is that angel light pink or red)

Could you provide a breakdown of the cost involved for getting the setup landed at your place? (custom duty & shipping)

Do you have the pics how the light was opened? Would like to see that.
And since it could be opened it means the glue was similar to other headlights, just that the assembly has other locks to keep it place.

Also, does your normal High beam (halogen) glow with the HID?
I say this because HID's take time to get at their right temperature and won't be effective during flashing, this is where halogen has an advantage.
Old 15th January 2012, 13:31   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK View Post
Thats one mean looking car. (but is that angel light pink or red)

Could you provide a breakdown of the cost involved for getting the setup landed at your place? (custom duty & shipping)

Do you have the pics how the light was opened? Would like to see that.
And since it could be opened it means the glue was similar to other headlights, just that the assembly has other locks to keep it place.

Also, does your normal High beam (halogen) glow with the HID?
I say this because HID's take time to get at their right temperature and won't be effective during flashing, this is where halogen has an advantage.
thanks. definitely glue was not like other cars. i saw honda civic, toyota corola headlights. the glue uses was very soft and easily melting on these cars.

on linea it was perma glue - very hard rubber which was not melting easily even with soldering gun.
This was also confirmed over the phone with some mumbai installers who too failed to open and finally used dremel to cut open the headlights.

yes the high beam halogen(Osram night breaker plus) glows with HIDs. hids dont flash properly and the like too reduces if you flash. so i retained halogens in high beam and dropped the quad projector set up plan.

some more pics during day time.

the CCFL are not pink at all. they are dark red and white ones. but camera catches red+white= pinkish.

below are some day time pics.

Edit: forgot to add that i can switch off either of the ccfl rings. from today onwards i might just use white for few days
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea with Projector headlights!-p1040823.jpg  

Fiat Linea with Projector headlights!-p1040825.jpg  

Fiat Linea with Projector headlights!-p1040821.jpg  

Last edited by amit_mechengg : 15th January 2012 at 13:43.
amit_mechengg is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th January 2012, 14:11   #22
BHPian

And just when I am about to do a projector job on friends cruze I see this thread up here.

After your experience with opening of headlights I might look for alternatives before I touch the original stock ones. Might even need the contact no of the guy who opened them up for you in pune.

Your cars looking hot with those red angle eyes on
Old 15th January 2012, 14:36   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil.Bhujbal View Post
And just when I am about to do a projector job on friends cruze I see this thread up here.

After your experience with opening of headlights I might look for alternatives before I touch the original stock ones. Might even need the contact no of the guy who opened them up for you in pune.

Your cars looking hot with those red angle eyes on
Warning !! Neil, cruze is also sealed with kind of perma glue from what i learned after surfing some international forums.

do your study properly before opening them up. cruze is very common to be fitted with projectors abroad.
there are some good tips about chevvy cruze. just search some chevvy and hid planet forums.

sadly there is not even a single linea fitted with projectors , howmuchever you google.
Old 15th January 2012, 16:38   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
sadly there is not even a single linea fitted with projectors , howmuchever you google.
Now there is ONE! And probably you get the credit of having the first Linea with projector set up too. Anyway happy to know that it all worked out well at the end. So from what I understand, you have a two bulb set up here the high beam is lit by a NB & the low beam by an HID?
Old 15th January 2012, 17:06   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Now there is ONE! And probably you get the credit of having the first Linea with projector set up too. Anyway happy to know that it all worked out well at the end. So from what I understand, you have a two bulb set up here the high beam is lit by a NB & the low beam by an HID?
thanks a lot.

yes the high beam is the H1 type Osram night breaker + series which has better life than the older Osram night breaker and a bit brighter too.

the low beam is fitted with BI-Xenon projectors with 55 watts HID kit 4300k temp. the bulb type inside the projectors is H1 too.

when i switch the high beam or flash the high beam the Osram night breaker plus fire up as well as the projectors go in high beam mode.

the projectors alone cover a width of 6 lane road alone.
amit_mechengg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2012, 17:43   #26
Senior - BHPian

Dude, great work done there on the Linea and boy she is an angry babe now with those dual angel eyes. And what a way the first Linea with the projector setup has come up with
Old 15th January 2012, 20:44   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Dude, great work done there on the Linea and boy she is an angry babe now with those dual angel eyes. And what a way the first Linea with the projector setup has come up with
earlier i loved the elegance of the linea.

now when parked at a distance with angel eyes on she looks like angry rash bull with burning red eyes.

i think i will mostly use my linea with angel eyes off. then she looks stock and elegant.
Old 16th January 2012, 09:47   #28
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 16th January 2012 at 13:09.
Reality is offline   Received Infraction
Old 16th January 2012, 13:29   #29
BHPian

amit_mechengg,

All I can say is WOW, the Linea looks absolutely AWESOME. I absolutely love the looks. Wish i could go in for one.

By the way, if one has to access the fog lamps, does it mandate the removal of the bumper or can it be done without.

May i request the procedure to remove the front bumper, where all the bolts are positioned, what size Allen Keys are required, if you have pics, that would be even better.

The reason for the above, my front left fog lamp holder has broken.
FIAT does not have just the bracket, and wants me to buy the entire fog lamp at INR 2300. I want to avoid that by fabricating just the holder/bracket from the right side one.

Thank you.
Old 16th January 2012, 14:23   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM - B View Post
amit_mechengg,

All I can say is WOW, the Linea looks absolutely AWESOME. I absolutely love the looks. Wish i could go in for one.

By the way, if one has to access the fog lamps, does it mandate the removal of the bumper or can it be done without.

May i request the procedure to remove the front bumper, where all the bolts are positioned, what size Allen Keys are required, if you have pics, that would be even better.

The reason for the above, my front left fog lamp holder has broken.
FIAT does not have just the bracket, and wants me to buy the entire fog lamp at INR 2300. I want to avoid that by fabricating just the holder/bracket from the right side one.

Thank you.
for the fog lamp too , if you want to fabricate something you need to remove the bumper.
if you just want to fit a new fog lamp you can just remove the mudguard screws, tilt the steering to extreme and push your hand and do it.

but its better to remove the bumper and get it done.

if you have the broken bracket just fix it with araldite.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks