Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2012, 12:24   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Perhaps the First Ever Linea with Projector headlights !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Really nice work, more than incoming blindness i am more interested in the beam spread and the distance from the car which is lighted up, any pics that you can post. Seeing this i am beginning to plan it on my Manza. Can you PM me the site from where you got the Projector + HID. The only problem I see in the Manza is that the low beam reflector is of a slightly bigger diamention than the high beam and also the availability of a bolt on kit is suspect.

Edit: Just found this Youtube video, some company in Dlehi, not sure how reliable it will be.

Dual Bi-XenonProjector HeadLight(Tata-Manza) by MXSMOTOSPORT.COM - YouTube
yeah, the beam spread it very good. on express highway it was covering all the lanes + the surrounding trees. the visibility on low and high beam both is very good.

in all cars the low beam reflector is bigger than high beam. its not a problem. this was same on linea too. the kit which i got is a straight fit on manza too.
no worries at all. you can also direcly fit the h1 mini morimotos directly.

i got the kit from ktautoparts. they have a eshop too.
Old 9th February 2012, 12:35   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
yeah, the beam spread it very good. on express highway it was covering all the lanes + the surrounding trees. the visibility on low and high beam both is very good.

in all cars the low beam reflector is bigger than high beam. its not a problem. this was same on linea too. the kit which i got is a straight fit on manza too.
no worries at all. you can also direcly fit the h1 mini morimotos directly.

i got the kit from ktautoparts. they have a eshop too.
Ok great, so you bought the KT-HL3? how do we know which is the bulb type, Manza's got h7 since the connector pin would be different, is there a way of knowing the connectors supplied, the eshop says some 7k bucks.
Old 9th February 2012, 12:41   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ok great, so you bought the KT-HL3? how do we know which is the bulb type, Manza's got h7 since the connector pin would be different, is there a way of knowing the connectors supplied, the eshop says some 7k bucks.
i got the top of the line DT-A. the ktautopart engineer told me these has better lenses and is the latest generation.

1. You should put the projectors in low beam i.e H7 ( i have done the same)
2. Buy a h1 type bulb with preferable 4300k (35/55 watts)
3. No need to buy any connectors. Everything comes within the Kit. there is a h7 orientation ring + relay wiring harness.
4. Your low beam has connector which has one ground wire and other positive. these will be directly used by relay kit, plug and play sorts.
5. For high beam you have to use a Y cable which will be plug and play i.e connect to oem connector + bulb and give one input to relay kit. This is important for solenoid shutter to work on bi-xenon projectors.
Old 9th February 2012, 12:51   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i got the top of the line DT-A. the ktautopart engineer told me these has better lenses and is the latest generation.

1. You should put the projectors in low beam i.e H7 ( i have done the same)
2. Buy a h1 type bulb with preferable 4300k (35/55 watts)
3. No need to buy any connectors. Everything comes within the Kit. there is a h7 orientation ring + relay wiring harness.
4. Your low beam has connector which has one ground wire and other positive. these will be directly used by relay kit, plug and play sorts.
5. For high beam you have to use a Y cable which will be plug and play i.e connect to oem connector + bulb and give one input to relay kit. This is important for solenoid shutter to work on bi-xenon projectors.
Yes, i just chatted with the KT guys and they suggested JT-g5 or kt-da with canbus free ballast, so i am going for the G5 with Canbus free ballast in 35w, 4300k color temp and no demon eyes Next task is to find an installer in Bangalore.

Oh yeah one last thing, did this void your warranty since my car is only 5 months old
Old 9th February 2012, 13:22   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, i just chatted with the KT guys and they suggested JT-g5 or kt-da with canbus free ballast, so i am going for the G5 with Canbus free ballast in 35w, 4300k color temp and no demon eyes Next task is to find an installer in Bangalore.

Oh yeah one last thing, did this void your warranty since my car is only 5 months old
i would suggest you for 55w canbus ballast. i got the same. they are very powerful.

warranty - i have lost headlight warranty. but since its all plug and play kit i wont agree to anyone voiding my other warranty.

mainly i must appreciate fiat for one thing , they have written clearly in manual " Fiat allows aftermarket accessories , provided they are fitted with good engineering principles"

no other manufacturer writes this.
Old 9th February 2012, 13:36   #51
BHPian

Amit - I cannot thank you enough for putting this up here. I have been trying to look around the web for pictures of a Linea with Angel Eyes and failed to find anything.

Let me tell you, your Linea looks AWESOME!! Period.

2 Questions though:

1. How did you seal the Headlight unit post the install?

2. Do the projector lamps generate a lot of heat? If yes, does this risk melting the inside casing of the Headlights?
Old 9th February 2012, 14:20   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman7 View Post
Amit - I cannot thank you enough for putting this up here. I have been trying to look around the web for pictures of a Linea with Angel Eyes and failed to find anything.

Let me tell you, your Linea looks AWESOME!! Period.

2 Questions though:

1. How did you seal the Headlight unit post the install?

2. Do the projector lamps generate a lot of heat? If yes, does this risk melting the inside casing of the Headlights?
YEAH i too searched all the international forums, indian forums , google baba and everything i could. dint find a single linea with projectors. even asked the abarth guys. they too dint fit any projector in linea ever.

the headlight is sealed with butyl sealant + rtv silicon sealant as some places.

my halogens were generating more heat than projectors. whenever i touch my headlights not i am feeling they are not as hot as they used to be before.
Old 9th February 2012, 15:29   #53
Senior - BHPian

Mod Note : Please do NOT use more than 2 smilies per post. We advise you to read our rules before proceeding any further.

Quote:
i would suggest you for 55w canbus ballast. i got the same. they are very powerful.

warranty - i have lost headlight warranty. but since its all plug and play kit i wont agree to anyone voiding my other warranty.

mainly i must appreciate fiat for one thing , they have written clearly in manual " Fiat allows aftermarket accessories , provided they are fitted with good engineering principles"

no other manufacturer writes this.
Even i was thinking 55w will be more powerful, so what happened to the headlight leveler? I guess thats rendered useless or its being used to move the solenoid inside the projector (i guess i am asking too much )

My deal comes up to some 9K including shipping, now if i have to pay the customs then it will add some more, did u get any intimation that the courier is stuck at customs?

Now the million dollar question to all in the forum (Amit sorry for hijacking ur thread), who in Bangalore can perform this task I guess once i get the thing i can also initiate a thread "First Manza with Proper Projector

Last edited by GTO : 22nd June 2012 at 12:40.
motomaverick is offline   Received Infraction
Old 9th February 2012, 17:02   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Even i was thinking 55w will be more powerful, so what happened to the headlight leveler? I guess thats rendered useless or its being used to move the solenoid inside the projector (i guess i am asking too much )

My deal comes up to some 9K including shipping, now if i have to pay the customs then it will add some more, did u get any intimation that the courier is stuck at customs?

Now the million dollar question to all in the forum (Amit sorry for hijacking ur thread), who in Bangalore can perform this task I guess once i get the thing i can also initiate a thread "First Manza with Proper Projector "
The good news for you is - Headlight leveler will work as usual
Solenoid is just a shutter built inside the projector which flips between low and high beam, as the bulb constantly glows on. this is activated by input from high beam as i explained earlier. it has nothing to do with leveler switch.

The 3rd day from shipment i got a call from local courier office that they have received a parcel and have already paid custom duty.

I think in bangalore there are many people who do this. i dont remember the name but there is a lane where people restore headlights. they will do for you.

All the best
Old 12th April 2012, 10:42   #55
Senior - BHPian

Missed this thread completely :P

Awesome is one word Amit.. Since its 4 months since you did the mod... how are the lights holding ?

Rahul
Old 17th April 2012, 18:22   #56
BHPian

@amit_mechengg

Congrats!!! You are the first one in the world to have a linea with this light setup...
Every time, I see a car with proj lights, I will start thinking about having the same for my beauty...I will google to find if some one had done this mod to a linea and found no result.
After seeing your effort, I really don't want to hurt my beauty to achieve this. I will live with the existing halogen lights until Fiat provides its own proj light for Linea..:(
Really, its an achievement...
Now, at least I am planing to upgrade the high beam..can you pls post your high beam config?
you have any pre-hid snaps to see the ONB bulb effect? Does the brightness and light density is enough in rain also?

Congrats again!

Cheers
Dinesh
Old 17th April 2012, 21:51   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndinesh View Post
@amit_mechengg

Congrats!!! You are the first one in the world to have a linea with this light setup...
Every time, I see a car with proj lights, I will start thinking about having the same for my beauty...I will google to find if some one had done this mod to a linea and found no result.
After seeing your effort, I really don't want to hurt my beauty to achieve this. I will live with the existing halogen lights until Fiat provides its own proj light for Linea..:(
Really, its an achievement...
Now, at least I am planing to upgrade the high beam..can you pls post your high beam config?
you have any pre-hid snaps to see the ONB bulb effect? Does the brightness and light density is enough in rain also?

Congrats again!

Cheers
Dinesh
Dinesh dont worry at all. Go ahead and do it. We did it on couple of puntos too now. Now since i have got good know how about linea and punto headlights i can easily help you out.

Projectors are just awesome. Night driving has suddenly become gods gift.

If you drop your plan to upgrade all you can do is install Osram Nightbreaker plus.
Old 18th April 2012, 01:07   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Really nice work, more than incoming blindness i am more interested in the beam spread and the distance from the car which is lighted up, any pics that you can post. Seeing this i am beginning to plan it on my Manza. Can you PM me the site from where you got the Projector + HID. The only problem I see in the Manza is that the low beam reflector is of a slightly bigger diamention than the high beam and also the availability of a bolt on kit is suspect.

Edit: Just found this Youtube video, some company in Dlehi, not sure how reliable it will be.

Dual Bi-XenonProjector HeadLight(Tata-Manza) by MXSMOTOSPORT.COM - YouTube
Hi Motomaverick; I am also a Manza owner and this Linea DIY has got me thinking into getting something done for my ride as well. Although my ride is not even a month old I think this would be a good investment for my car. what say? Since yours is a Feb post, I am sure you would have already done the honours to your Manza by now?
Old 18th April 2012, 14:12   #59
BHPian

Hi Amit - On the Linea, I am assuming the Low Beam is a H7 and High Beam is a H1. Correct?

If I upgrade to Osram Nightbreakers for both High and Low beam, will I need to install a relay/cut out? OR is it just a plug and play?

PS - The pic of your Linea Angel Eye is my BBM display pic.
Old 18th April 2012, 14:25   #60
BHPian

Amit,
Here are couple of pic which I source from them. Warranty they gave me is 1 Year on everything. Ya I understand that Chinese product also gave 2 years but these guys are here and we can catch them anytime if anything goes wrong for . My biggest worry was the opening of light assemble. Never did that so little apprehensive. Guess if I had seen your thread before of Keyur did this little before I could have saved some money for something else.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea with Projector headlights!-img20120417wa000.jpg  

Fiat Linea with Projector headlights!-img20120417wa001.jpg  

aditya@pune is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed