Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2012, 15:26   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Perhaps the First Ever Linea with Projector headlights !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya@pune View Post
Amit,
Here are couple of pic which I source from them. Warranty they gave me is 1 Year on everything. Ya I understand that Chinese product also gave 2 years but these guys are here and we can catch them anytime if anything goes wrong for . My biggest worry was the opening of light assemble. Never did that so little apprehensive. Guess if I had seen your thread before of Keyur did this little before I could have saved some money for something else.
These are the G3 ones, and these sell in india itself for 6.5k on ebay india as well as other places.

Which car do you have on which they fitted the projectors? 17k for performance filter + projectors + fittment is very good price. Dont worry at all.
amit_mechengg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2012, 15:35   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
Which car do you have on which they fitted the projectors? 17k for performance filter + projectors + fittment is very good price. Dont worry at all.
I got Optra. Here are the pictures. This was best for me becasue i know i cannot do this in DIY so i have to opt someone who can do this neat. I already mess with my ICE installation by opting a wrong installer so didn't want to go with this.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea with Projector headlights!-img2012031100829.jpg  

Fiat Linea with Projector headlights!-img20120311wa000.jpg  

aditya@pune is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th April 2012, 18:34   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya@pune View Post
Amit,
Here are couple of pic which I source from them. Warranty they gave me is 1 Year on everything. Ya I understand that Chinese product also gave 2 years but these guys are here and we can catch them anytime if anything goes wrong for . My biggest worry was the opening of light assemble. Never did that so little apprehensive. Guess if I had seen your thread before of Keyur did this little before I could have saved some money for something else.
Whoa!! - Dual Projector setup on a Linea. SWEET!!

Noob Question - Doesn't it need a reflector surface at the back for the light to spread/amplify?? Is the matt finish at the back effective? Also do you know how much this setup costs?

On the flipside, Amit's Linea with the single projector setup looks much better.
Old 18th April 2012, 18:51   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman7 View Post
Whoa!! :
Noob Question - Doesn't it need a reflector surface at the back for the light to spread/amplify?? Is the matt finish at the back effective? Also do you know how much this setup costs?

I don't think you need a separate set of reflector for projector lamp. They have done the black interior. I Have seen couple of Cruz having black interior and having projector lamp and DRL inside the assembly.
Old 18th April 2012, 19:45   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman7 View Post
Whoa!! - Dual Projector setup on a Linea. SWEET!!

On the flipside, Amit's Linea with the single projector setup looks much better.
Actually they dual projector set up on this linea is not done properly using matching projector shrouds. Mine fits like OEM.

If you have a white linea then black reflectors would look ok. But like mine i.e tuscan wine color which is classy will look good only with silver OEM reflectors.

Forget that - i dont even switch on those angel eyes to stick to oem as much as possible.
Old 19th April 2012, 10:02   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhondusaxena View Post
Hi Motomaverick; I am also a Manza owner and this Linea DIY has got me thinking into getting something done for my ride as well. Although my ride is not even a month old I think this would be a good investment for my car. what say? Since yours is a Feb post, I am sure you would have already done the honours to your Manza by now?
Unfortunately, this mod has been put in the backburner due to lack of Vit M. Though still under consideration but will take time, besides, I dont want to void the warranty on the electricals.
Old 20th April 2012, 11:02   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Unfortunately, this mod has been put in the backburner due to lack of Vit M. Though still under consideration but will take time, besides, I dont want to void the warranty on the electricals.
Vit M of-course and the warranty as well. both points taken. How old is your vehicle. Maybe once we are thru with the initial warranty we can go for it. Vit M may have increased by then hopefully!
Old 20th April 2012, 11:43   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Vit M of-course and the warranty as well. both points taken. How old is your vehicle. Maybe once we are thru with the initial warranty we can go for it. Vit M may have increased by then hopefully!
Fortunately FIAT is the only company which has clearly written in its manual

" Aftermarket accessories are allowed to be fitted, provided they are fitted with good principles of engineering"

100% thumbs up for FIAT for this kind gesture.

So i fitted exactly the same wattage i.e 55 watts, without cutting or slicing a single wire.

Fiat people at TASS loved my projector mod a lot and also confirmed that there is no warranty lapse.
Old 20th April 2012, 11:45   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Projector headlights are suiting the Linea perfectly and giving a lot of character to the car. I think it should be worth the upgrade

Whereas, same is looking completely out of place on the Optra

What's the pricing for these upgrades for the Optra and Linea?
Old 20th April 2012, 12:09   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Projector headlights are suiting the Linea perfectly and giving a lot of character to the car. I think it should be worth the upgrade

Linea has a double barrel headlight. And the projectors which i got are luckily matching the size of the low beam barrel perfectly.
Its a total oem type snug fit.

Optra is also looking good, black reflectors will add character to it. The reflector design on the optra is such that it cannot accommodate big shrouds.

Mine costed around 10.5k landing cost with customs. Mine are 55W Canbus ballasts, which are costlier than regular slim type 35W ballasts.
Old 20th April 2012, 12:18   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
THe vehicle is pretty new around 6 months old, already done some 12k kms. Initial warranty ends in another 1.5 yrs

Quote:
Fortunately FIAT is the only company which has clearly written in its manual

" Aftermarket accessories are allowed to be fitted, provided they are fitted with good principles of engineering"

100% thumbs up for FIAT for this kind gesture.

So i fitted exactly the same wattage i.e 55 watts, without cutting or slicing a single wire.

Fiat people at TASS loved my projector mod a lot and also confirmed that there is no warranty lapse.
That is a lovely jesture from Fiat. I have been trying to find a line like that in the Tata manual but could not find anything that can be taken as a loop hole

Quote:

I guess the retro projector fitment looks better in a double barrel setup rathar than a H4 type single reflector.

Last edited by motomaverick : 20th April 2012 at 12:19.
Old 20th April 2012, 18:45   #72
BHPian

Quote:

The problem with the Optra headlights is that there is a lot of horizontal space and very little vertical space. So, the projectors seem very small in the given area, hence out of place!

I am currently working on something for my Optra, but it is going to be a lot more complicated and will (hopefully) give the lights a fuller look!
Old 20th April 2012, 19:03   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyur View Post
The problem with the Optra headlights is that there is a lot of horizontal space and very little vertical space. So, the projectors seem very small in the given area, hence out of place!

I am currently working on something for my Optra, but it is going to be a lot more complicated and will (hopefully) give the lights a fuller look!
Worth waiting in your case. Hope you give some new life to the front of optra.

Amit/Keyur - one more pic for you, sorry not able to take complete one, was in hurry. Will get the full front sometime.
Keyur - How about DRL of the same type inside the assembly but i doubt if it fits there.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea with Projector headlights!-img2012042000003.jpg  

Last edited by aditya@pune : 20th April 2012 at 19:14. Reason: Uploading one pic.
Old 20th April 2012, 20:58   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyur View Post

The best and easiest way to fit a good macho looking projector on optra is to cut the upper edge of the shroud with matching contour of the reflector.

Dual angel eye shroud can also be cut perfectly for that.
Old 20th April 2012, 23:24   #75
BHPian

Quote:
The best and easiest way to fit a good macho looking projector on optra is to cut the upper edge of the shroud with matching contour of the reflector.

Dual angel eye shroud can also be cut perfectly for that.
That is what is exactly going on (and not only top edge, but bottom one as well). Only, it is still too close a fit, so gotta take a lot of care.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks