Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2012, 18:28   #31
BHPian

Re: Replacing a worn out Door Panel / Trim

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser View Post
Seats around 6k. Still some more work is pending for pads.

Checked with RNS, Yeshwantpur, Bangalore, they are quoting ~5500/- for single door!!
Great Job , indeed. Could you please give more information on the costs incurred for Doors pads, and where did you get them from? I'd like to get something done to my aging esteem type 1 too.
Old 17th May 2012, 23:50   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditbelw View Post
Great Job , indeed. Could you please give more information on the costs incurred for Doors pads, and where did you get them from? I'd like to get something done to my aging esteem type 1 too.
Sorry.. Had been off and just seeing your message.

Did not get the door pads repaired. Instead thinking of changing car and buying some diesel vehicle.
Old 18th November 2012, 11:59   #33
BHPian

Mods: Not sure if this thread can be closed or deleted. Please do the appropriate!

I have sold my car and will no longer be updating this thread.
Old 17th July 2014, 15:58   #34
Senior - BHPian

I hope this thread is still alive. I posted my query in the Zen modifications thread, but then I realized this thread is more appropriate.

There are clips behind the door panel - hope I am using the correct term - which are missing.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post3480862

What is the best course of action?

I don't mind changing the door trim from the default gray to something more lively since the entire car has been restored and repainted as well.

Looking for some ideas and suggestions.
Old 17th July 2014, 16:26   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
I
There are clips behind the door panel - hope I am using the correct term - which are missing.
They are available at Alibaba.com: http://www.alibaba.com/showroom/auto-trim-clips.html

However, getting those clips should not be issue at MASS or other auto accessories store I guess. They are called plastic trim clips. In fact, the clips may be salvaged from worn off door pads of any other car too.

Also, have a look at them, this may help: http://www.indiamart.com/asiarubber-plastics/

Last edited by saket77 : 17th July 2014 at 16:28.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2014, 16:36   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
They are available at Alibaba.com: http://www.alibaba.com/showroom/auto-trim-clips.html

However, getting those clips should not be issue at MASS or other auto accessories store I guess. They are called plastic trim clips. In fact, the clips may be salvaged from worn off door pads of any other car too.

Also, have a look at them, this may help: http://www.indiamart.com/asiarubber-plastics/
I think the terms used are confusing. The plastic part in the picture I uploaded is not the problem. There is a metallic strip below that with variable height. Those strips are somehow glued to the panel back side. Getting those is the problem.
Old 17th July 2014, 16:40   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
I think the terms used are confusing. The plastic part in the picture I uploaded is not the problem. There is a metallic strip below that with variable height. Those strips are somehow glued to the panel back side. Getting those is the problem.
Fabricate them with tin. Should be easy. Clean the surfaces and stick with Araldite. Will outlast the door pads themselves. As your car is with the tinkerer itself, it should be an easy adventure to indulge into.

Another idea: Slowly take off the grey rexine part from the door pads from the edges where the door pads need to be clipped. Put across screws and fix the pads in place. Cover the edges back with rexine and push it inside or stick them back.

Last edited by saket77 : 17th July 2014 at 16:43.
Old 17th July 2014, 17:05   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Fabricate them with tin. Should be easy. Clean the surfaces and stick with Araldite. Will outlast the door pads themselves. As your car is with the tinkerer itself, it should be an easy adventure to indulge into.

Another idea: Slowly take off the grey rexine part from the door pads from the edges where the door pads need to be clipped. Put across screws and fix the pads in place. Cover the edges back with rexine and push it inside or stick them back.
Unfortunately the workshop team is not that innovative. I will prefer to take the car back once it is operational and get this done elsewhere.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks