Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2012, 09:16   #1
BHPian

Honda Civic tuned with Unichip

We recently got to tuning a Honda Civic 1.8 iVTEC using the Unichip.

Some changes were made to the fuelling and timing by using the features of the Unichip.

The top power went up by about 13 bhp. while in some places (e.g. 6000 rpm), we achieved an 18 bhp increase.

Quite pleased with the results as is the customer !
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Civic tuned with Unichip-civic-power.jpeg  

Honda Civic tuned with Unichip-civic-torque.jpeg  

sapl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2012, 10:04   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Civic tuned with Unichip

Interesting, would appreciate if you could put in more details as to how this was done, whether it was done as a DIY or you went to a service center. If it was a DIY, how did you connect, the Unichip.

Looked at Unichip US site, did you buy that equipment, and i do not see Honda on the list of manufactures supported on the main page. I do see Toyota, VW, Nissan, Chevvy among others but no Honda.
mayankjha1806 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2012, 10:17   #3
BANNED

Looks more like the European tub which is 144bhp against the 132 bhp in India. Now with BS-III and BS-IV both at 93RON there is no reason for the detune. In the BS-II days I could see the logic.
Old 6th February 2012, 10:23   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Looks more like the European tub which is 144bhp against the 132 bhp in India. Now with BS-III and BS-IV both at 93RON there is no reason for the detune. In the BS-II days I could see the logic.
I feel the detunes now a days are more for fuel efficiency than for fuel quality
jalsa777 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2012, 10:31   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Interesting, would appreciate if you could put in more details as to how this was done, whether it was done as a DIY or you went to a service center. If it was a DIY, how did you connect, the Unichip.

Looked at Unichip US site, did you buy that equipment, and i do not see Honda on the list of manufactures supported on the main page. I do see Toyota, VW, Nissan, Chevvy among others but no Honda.
We have all the equipment for tuning the Unichip. It is not a DIY system and is available only to trained distributors/dealers.

The Unichip is a universal system, and can be fitted to virtually any engine using a ecu.

In this instance changes were made to the fuelling and to the timing. We did not make any other mods (porting/headers etc) to the engine.

Most Viewed