Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2012, 10:52   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: My DC-Lounge Toyota Innova: Ultimate Luxury

For the cash spent on the mods, the car sure deserves better pics.

I saw a model DC Innova at CSI Airport Terminal 1B some months ago and it looke stunning ; and am sure better pics of your car would beat that.

Enjoy the ride (but not the drive)
Old 30th March 2012, 10:54   #17
BHPian

Interesting review! My FIL has been insisting to get our new Innova modified like this but we have been saying its not worth it. However after reading your review, makes me think may be it does make sense. let me ponder over it for some time since i cant imagine only 2 ppl travelling all the time. It is minimum 4 adults which is the concern factor.

Last edited by urajkumar : 30th March 2012 at 10:55.
Old 30th March 2012, 11:21   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by urajkumar
i cant imagine only 2 ppl travelling all the time. It is minimum 4 adults which is the concern factor.
Hi

I think this has since been addressed but I'm not completely sure. I believe they now have a similar treatment where the front and back are not separated and a little bit of luxury treatment given to front as well. Was mainly developed for Fortuner where they expected part self drive as well but also doable on innova I think. Do talk to John and clarify if you are seriously interested. Your line deal breaker parameter is then readily addressed.
Old 30th March 2012, 11:31   #19
Senior - BHPian

Ahh! the DC design luxury Innova, Congrats!!

There seems quite a few similarities in the matrials used and placement after traveling via Olivea Travels, which is incidently a DC designed multi-axle volvo.
Old 30th March 2012, 13:04   #20
BHPian

Wow congrats. That's one comfortable car you have got there.
Thanks for the review and the pictures.
Its nice to see such custom made cars.
I bet the travel on your innova is any day way more comfortable than the endy.
Anything of an endy you are missing in your innova?

IMHO :
They should have added remote control than buttons for everything.
They should have added a carputer and used the LCD screen or at-least a plug up point for your laptop to the screen and a wireless keyboard. (even you could added this as DIY at costs not more than 5k)

By the way did you get back all the parts removed from the car?
Store it away safely.
Old 30th March 2012, 13:32   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac187 View Post
Nice review there, a first on Team-Bhp. I am suprised to know that there are no rattles after 2 years of useage. So the fit and finish is of good quality?
Thanks, There are no rattles of such but as I have mentioned that quality is average. Good in some poor in others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
How is the comfort inside? What kind of warranty does DC provide?
It is indeed very comfortable, but the ride quality isint great because you are sitting on the rear tire and its a ladder on frame chassis.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
Reverse camera for 23.4k? Is it a typo or something special? I couldn't find the cam in your last snap, where is it placed? BTW, looks cool from inside.
Thanks. Yes rear camera was for 23.4k, I didnt opt for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
So is feature list custom made on the preference of the customers or is standard with additional options?? The ergonomics do seem to be a littly messed up but the fit and finish and the materials used et all do ooze out luxury. IMO this would be way more comfortable and luxurious than cars 5-6 times its price.Great choice!!
Thanks! It is standard fitment with additional options

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Congrats Yash, are you hitting the campaign trail for the up coming general elections for the Lok Sabha. Next probably book a ticket with either 'Lotus' or talk to the 'Hand'. This is the coolest way to hit the road for a 'Neta'. Enjoy and make sure you have an excellent driver who can multiply your pleasure.
Haha! Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Finally someone has a review of this dc mod. Thanks for sharing and look forward to reading this in detail. I believe they now have an important additional flexibility where the front and rear seats are not partitioned. That would give it much needed flexibility if you were traveling as 3-4 members of family together.
Thanks! Agree with that part. Recently they have come out with two options regarding configuration. One with complete partition and one without any. In the one without any they have TV's installed behind the front seats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tachobells View Post
Congrats on the uber-luxurious Innova.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Congrats Yash. From outside other than the DC badge it does not even give an idea about the goodies inside. Only sore point is the 2 seater bit. But i guess seating had to be compromised for all the comfort.
By the way you took more time to get this thread up from the Assembly line than the time taken by DC to mod the Innova.
Thanks! Lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miel View Post
That's a luxurious private jet exclusively for the tarmac. Business class travel in a humble Innova! You've made a good decision Yash.
Boss, I think Yash did not take the Options package. So the cameras and exterior kit are not there. Am I right Yash?
Thanks, yes I havent opted for the rear cam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SankalpDesai View Post
That's a fantastic mod.
Good quality pics from a Digital Camera would have done justice to this thread.
Thanks! Yeah better pictures would have been much better, will click some when I get time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
Hmm nice mod there, quite a comfortable place to be.
As per the DC work, rest of all looks quite good.
But, for the pricing plug-point and switch for supply are eyesore.
Thanks! The plug point is hidden behind the tray table so you cant see it and the Switch for the rear supply is in the drivers cabin so it doesnt really matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
For the cash spent on the mods, the car sure deserves better pics.
Enjoy the ride (but not the drive)
Haha! Thanks! Will surely upload better pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by urajkumar View Post
Interesting review!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Ahh! the DC design luxury Innova, Congrats!!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
Wow congrats. That's one comfortable car you have got there.
Thanks for the review and the pictures.
Its nice to see such custom made cars.
I bet the travel on your innova is any day way more comfortable than the endy.
Anything of an endy you are missing in your innova?

By the way did you get back all the parts removed from the car?
Store it away safely.
Thanks! Yeah travel in the innova is much better than the endeavour but ride quality shouldve been better. I truly miss the road presence the endeavour had! I did get the seats that were removed from the car, but It was of no use so gave it to the driver!
Y@SH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2012, 17:57   #22
Senior - BHPian

By moving the rear seat backwards so much, you are sitting right on top of the rear wheel. How does that affect the ride quality?
Old 2nd April 2012, 17:25   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y@SH View Post
I did get the seats that were removed from the car, but It was of no use so gave it to the driver!
Ohh.. and here I am hunting for a rear seat, that I could modify a bit and use in my bachelor pad, which I am planning to have as a Garage Home... By any chance, anyone planning on similar mods, pls contact me to subsidize your mod job !!!
Old 3rd April 2012, 10:45   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

What about the warranty on the above changes? What kind of warranty is provided by DC?
Old 3rd April 2012, 22:48   #25
BHPian

Most impressive. Few questions:
1. Are the seat belts effective at all positions? I mean fore/aft/recline
2. Was the stock electrical system upgraded to handle the load of the extra equipment and the socket (Looks like 15A, I might be mistaken though)?
Old 5th April 2012, 18:38   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
By moving the rear seat backwards so much, you are sitting right on top of the rear wheel. How does that affect the ride quality?
When giving the car to DC I asked them weather they would change any thing in the suspension and john said no, but he did caution me that the ride quality wont be the same after doing the mod as the seats are above the Tyre. Ive experienced this and If you sit above the wheel you feel more bumps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
What about the warranty on the above changes? What kind of warranty is provided by DC?
Electrionics have their respective warranties like the HU/speakers have 2 year by sony and inverter, tv, cooler have one year warranty. Other electronics such as switches and the seat mechanism have one year warranty by DC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by isiv View Post
Most impressive. Few questions:
1. Are the seat belts effective at all positions? I mean fore/aft/recline
2. Was the stock electrical system upgraded to handle the load of the extra equipment and the socket (Looks like 15A, I might be mistaken though)?
Thanks!
Nope the rear seat belts are useless, dont know why DC didnt remove them. As I have mentioned in the review there is an inverter fitted in the car to handle the extra load of electronics.
Y@SH is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks