Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2012, 11:11   #1
BHPian

My DC-Lounge Toyota Innova: Ultimate Luxury

BHP-ians, finally I am able to compile a review on my Innova, Hope you guys like it. Sorry for the bad pictures I dont have the patience nor the talent to click good pics. I was wanting to make this a very detailed review with many pictures but due to time constrains this is the best I could manage.

Disclaimer : I am in no way associated with DC.

History: Back in 2009 our six year old endeavour had done over a lakh kilometers and sitting inside felt like sitting on a trampoline, the ride quality due to the ladder on frame chassis had become horrible. It was definitely a head-turner due to its size but a change was needed, it had to be an SUV but which one? New Endeavour, Fortuner, Ancient Pajero SFX?
The endeavour was ruled out because we didn't want to change to an endeavour. The fortuner looked great but bookings were closed so had no chance of getting it soon. The Pajero had been in our shores since years and was way to old for my liking. Couldn't decide on anything but it all started with an advertisement or article dont remember, which showed the DC Lounge, it was basically an Innova with revamped and luxurious interiors. It was a DC so it had to be good well just to see that I called up Mr.John who is in-charge of sales at DC, visited their office in Andheri to see the car, and decided it had to be this. Bought an Innova from Madhuban Toyota and gave it to DC. The entire modification process as told by John took 20 days.

So what does the DC Lounge include? Lets look at the

Features

Interior
• 24” Captain seats, with powered calf support, reclining to 150
• Ingress / egress enablers for easy slide in and slide out
• Air craft style roof centre module provides ambient and reading lights
• Privacy partition with integrated audio / video
• Fold out tables with sliding top and glass holders
• Glass holder in partition
• Cup holders
• Mobile holder
• Laptop connectivity
• Door panels with proprietary switch panel
• Quarter panels

ELECTRONICS
• 20 inch LCD TV
• DVD player, component speakers
• Intercom

ELECTRICALS

• 7 ltr Chiller
• Intercom
• Charging points
• LED Lighting
• Reading Lights
• Proprietary Membrane Panel
• Inverter

OPTIONS

• Exterior Kit : New, highly sculpted front bumper in body colour and integrated
side foot steps, rocker panel in standard neutral grey Rs50,000
• Front Camera Rs2,400
• Reverse Camera Rs23,400
• PDC Rs3,600 (No idea what this was, Is this Team BHP's Pre Delivery Checklist )
• Satellite Television Rs2,40,000
• Leather Upgrade Rs30,000

Price
4.95 Lakhs for the standard fitment (excluding the options list). We got the leather upgrade and vanity mirrors which cost 30k for a discounted rate. The deal was closed at 5 Lakhs after discounts.

Last edited by Y@SH : 24th March 2012 at 20:14.
Y@SH is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 12th February 2012, 20:12   #2
BHPian

Re: DC Lounge Innova: Ultimate Luxury

Have used the car for over two years now and these are my views.

• Comfort, you can literally doze off in this car! Extremely comfortable during long journeys
  • Can watch a movie during long journeys you will have no idea of how time passed.
  • Privacy, the driver cant see you or hear what you are talking over the phone or with other passenger (its not 100% sound proof but he would find it difficult to hear conversations)
  • Looks like anyother innova from outside.
  • 20 inch tv in a car!
  • Interior lights look awesome at night.
  • The only car you want to be in while stuck in a traffic jam!

Dislikes:
  • Opening the door from inside isn't easy as the handle is all placed in front, whereas mostly the seats are pushed all the way back. I wish DC would've changed the location of the handle to somewhere closer to you. To access the handle you have to take your seat in front.
  • Luggage space is decent, since the seats go forward/backward and recline you dont want to risk putting stuff at the back. But yes if you dont put it all the way back and dont recline too much you can fit in two medium sized bags. You can though put stuff in the front passenger seat if no one is sitting there.
  • Occupancy of only two, third passenger will become the co-driver!
  • Tray tables almost useless as you cant literally have a laptop placed and work, it'll kill your back! You have to bend all the way forward to use it.
  • Power Sockets is only accessible when the tray tables are open, why DC??
  • The place to keep your mobile and wallet is on the floor and it is inaccessible when foot-rest is used.
  • Using the mic to talk to the driver takes time getting used to, I rather raise my voice and talk to the driver.
  • Cup holder location is lousy. (See pictures below)
  • Quality issues, Didnt expect it from DC but the tray tables would just come off their socket whenever the car would go in potholes. Handels, like the ones to open the player and cooler started coming out, had to stick them with feviquick.

One question that everyone will have on their mind "Does all this void your warranty?"
Ans. You bet!

So how does it look? Enough of the talk now let the pictures do the talking.

My DC-Lounge Toyota Innova: Ultimate Luxury-000.jpg
Just like any Innova eh?

My DC-Lounge Toyota Innova: Ultimate Luxury-1.jpg
Foot rest comes up completely, forgot to put it up while clicking. Reclines 120 degree to be precise, handrests can be folded or lowered

My DC-Lounge Toyota Innova: Ultimate Luxury-2.jpg

My DC-Lounge Toyota Innova: Ultimate Luxury-3.jpg
To access cup-holders you will have to open the cover, not easily accessible and inconvenient location.

My DC-Lounge Toyota Innova: Ultimate Luxury-4.jpg
Panels on each door
(left to right) Seat forward/backward, Foot rest up/down, window up/down and lights

My DC-Lounge Toyota Innova: Ultimate Luxury-5.jpg
Panel below tv is on both sides of central consol for easy access to both rear passengers. Used to access control of light's, turn on/off tv, turn off/on music player. Dummy headphone button.

My DC-Lounge Toyota Innova: Ultimate Luxury-6.jpg
Tray table with two cupholders, again inconvenient placing as to use it you keep the tray table open. Metallic hinges look cheap and the design is flimsy. An electric point is located when you open it, see picture below.

My DC-Lounge Toyota Innova: Ultimate Luxury-7.jpg
Small chiller good for 3-4 bottels of water, it doesnt open completely.

My DC-Lounge Toyota Innova: Ultimate Luxury-8.jpg
Electric point

My DC-Lounge Toyota Innova: Ultimate Luxury-9.jpg
20inch lcd and Ganpati-ji

Last edited by Y@SH : 25th March 2012 at 01:12.
Y@SH is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th March 2012, 18:17   #3
BHPian

Re: DC Lounge Innova: Ultimate Luxury

My DC-Lounge Toyota Innova: Ultimate Luxury-10.jpg
Vanity mirror one for each passengers

My DC-Lounge Toyota Innova: Ultimate Luxury-12.jpg
Some amount of boot space, space varies on how much you recline

My DC-Lounge Toyota Innova: Ultimate Luxury-13.jpg
Car comes with Sony Xplod HU and speakers. Spakers placed on the boot.

My DC-Lounge Toyota Innova: Ultimate Luxury-14.jpg
Drivers cockpit. Limited adjustments for the driver due to partition. Driver has his own CD player connected to only the front speakers

My DC-Lounge Toyota Innova: Ultimate Luxury-15.jpg
Inverter for onboard electronics

My DC-Lounge Toyota Innova: Ultimate Luxury-16.jpg
on/off switch for electric supply to the rear.

My DC-Lounge Toyota Innova: Ultimate Luxury-17.jpg
THE BADGE

Last edited by GTO : 27th March 2012 at 10:24.
Y@SH is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 27th March 2012, 10:26   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: My DC-Lounge Toyota Innova: Ultimate Luxury

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Modifications Section. Thanks for sharing!
Old 27th March 2012, 11:00   #5
BHPian

Nice review there, a first on Team-Bhp. I am suprised to know that there are no rattles after 2 years of useage. So the fit and finish is of good quality?
Old 27th March 2012, 11:09   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

The interiors looks nice. Deceptive looks-plain Jane from outside,Rolls Royce from inside.

How is the comfort inside? What kind of warranty does DC provide?
Old 27th March 2012, 11:54   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y@SH View Post
Reverse camera for 23.4k? Is it a typo or something special? I couldn't find the cam in your last snap, where is it placed?

BTW, looks cool from inside.
Old 27th March 2012, 13:25   #8
Senior - BHPian

So is feature list custom made on the preference of the customers or is standard with additional options?? The ergonomics do seem to be a littly messed up but the fit and finish and the materials used et all do ooze out luxury. IMO this would be way more comfortable and luxurious than cars 5-6 times its price. Have seen a few doing rounds on the streets with jet black tints the owners of which must be relaxing happily on the captain seats after a hard day at work. Great choice!!
Old 27th March 2012, 13:39   #9
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Yash, are you hitting the campaign trail for the up coming general elections for the Lok Sabha. Next probably book a ticket with either 'Lotus' or talk to the 'Hand'. This is the coolest way to hit the road for a 'Neta'. Enjoy and make sure you have an excellent driver who can multiply your pleasure.
Old 27th March 2012, 20:06   #10
Team-BHP Support

Finally someone has a review of this dc mod. Thanks for sharing and look forward to reading this in detail. I believe they now have an important additional flexibility where the front and rear seats are not partitioned. That would give it much needed flexibility if you were traveling as 3-4 members of family together.
Old 27th March 2012, 22:54   #11
BHPian

Congrats on the uber-luxurious Innova.

Looking at the pictures, some parts looked familiar. I think DC uses common components across this and the DC Luxuria buses. Particularly the seat and tray table components.

Check it here - DC Luxuria Bus Slide 11
Old 29th March 2012, 17:25   #12
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Yash. From outside other than the DC badge it does not even give an idea about the goodies inside. Only sore point is the 2 seater bit. But i guess seating had to be compromised for all the comfort.

By the way you took more time to get this thread up from the Assembly line than the time taken by DC to mod the Innova.
Old 29th March 2012, 18:41   #13
BHPian

That's a luxurious private jet exclusively for the tarmac. Business class travel in a humble Innova! You've made a good decision Yash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
Reverse camera for 23.4k? Is it a typo or something special? I couldn't find the cam in your last snap, where is it placed?
Boss, I think Yash did not take the Options package. So the cameras and exterior kit are not there. Am I right Yash?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y@SH View Post
OPTIONS

• Exterior Kit : New, highly sculpted front bumper in body colour and integrated
side foot steps, rocker panel in standard neutral grey Rs50,000
• Front Camera Rs2,400
Price
4.95 Lakhs for the standard fitment (excluding the options list). We got the leather upgrade and vanity mirrors which cost 30k for a discounted rate. The deal was closed at 5 Lakhs after discounts.
Old 30th March 2012, 10:04   #14
BHPian

That's a fantastic mod. The car looks great from inside and reminds me of the various customization shows featuring on Discovering Turbo. Sitting in the Lap of Luxury, indeed.

Good quality pics from a Digital Camera would have done justice to this thread.
Old 30th March 2012, 10:21   #15
BHPian

Hmm nice mod there, quite a comfortable place to be.

As per the DC work, rest of all looks quite good.

But, for the pricing plug-point and switch for supply are eyesore.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks