Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2006, 16:19   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan
Just one Q - was the cat con left on or removed?

cya
R
the cat con was removed.....i wonder what effect that would have on my emissions.....i just hope some PUC complications dont come up cos i would be hanged if i was caught for driving a car without a PUC certificate.....someone temme what effect IS it gonna have on my emissions....its not a free flow its a sports exhaust only.....
Old 3rd April 2006, 21:48   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta
the cat con was removed.....i wonder what effect that would have on my emissions.....i just hope some PUC complications dont come up cos i would be hanged if i was caught for driving a car without a PUC certificate.....someone temme what effect IS it gonna have on my emissions....its not a free flow its a sports exhaust only.....
i've seen vipers exhaust its very neat, sounds gr8 n performance wise it delivers..

u mean only a sports muffler was installed?? no freeflow.. ?? no change in manifold?.. i suppose u got a replacement cat con (without the restriction of air flow) .. and a rear end muffler.. nice..why dont u upload a sound clip of how ur baby purrssss

~cheers
-Ash
Old 3rd April 2006, 22:17   #18
Team-BHP Support

Hi Frank good to know you are happy with your freeflow. How come you have a Zen in your avatar :P ? How much did you buy this set for?
Old 3rd April 2006, 22:27   #19
BHPian

whats this performance module on the getz viper?
Old 3rd April 2006, 23:05   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Without a cat, the car aint gonna pass emissions. The trick to keep the cat with you and get it swapped out with that straigh pipe just before going for the test. But you can get nailed if there is a spot check.

Out here at the local Miata club, there is a cat that gets passed around to whoever needs to go for a emissions test.
Old 4th April 2006, 01:41   #21
BANNED

[SIZE=2]Just bribe any PUC van guy 100 bucks and he'll make a sticker for you.[/SIZE]
Old 4th April 2006, 01:57   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
DONE!!!!!!!!!
SO...........i finally got a SPORTS EXHAUST fitted on my esteem and boy does it sound sweet.....and its ONLY BECAUSE OF OUR VERY OWN VIPER(JIGNESH) of team-bhp....the man took all the pains to accompany me to this wonderful workshop and the men out there are so skilled i cant possible type........you gotta see them working to believe that you are in the bylanes of mumbai......for some time i thought i was in the workshop that modified cars in THE FAST AND THE FURIOUS....when i went there i was first asked what kind of sound i wanted.....a throaty sound...a rasp...an out and out howl....so i told them what i wanted and left the keys with them.....in 3 or 4 hours flat i was at the back of my baby who was moaning and screaming away to glory as the mechanic there was giving me a demo.....by the way ITS A SPORTS EXHAUST and not a FREE FLOW so i think a free flow would definitely sound much better(though my car sounds good enough-----ego!!)
I would like to thank VIPER for all the effort and help that he gave....also you need to CHECK HIS GETZ MAN!!!its a monster....what with the engine upgrades its a scorcher....that little performance module that he's got in his car is super awesome and makes a hell of a difference to the car's performance....im new to this world of modifying cars but this car's a hell of a beauty of a modification.....silent but deadly are the words used by viper to describe his car.....and so it is!!!
as for my car its such a wonderful feeling to just hear the gorgeus sound bouncing off the railings on the road and wish to drive it in a tunnel or a parking lot......well thats all from me and i thank all from team bhp for the help that i got in order to finish the conversion on time....
lets hear it one more time for JIGGY!!!!!
PSlzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz call or message VIPER if you wanna get this sound enhancement done on your car........believe me the sound's better than any ICE........money well spent.....and almost in my budget.....
Where did you finally get it done from?
Old 4th April 2006, 09:47   #23
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrage
whats this performance module on the getz viper?

Hi,

Read about it on the Technical Stuff Section under Engine Remapping.

@ MPower - I disagree if tuned well and engine is in good health a car will be well within the legal emission limits.

@ Khanak - He got it done from me.

Viper
Old 4th April 2006, 10:22   #24
BHPian

Quote:
DONE!!!!!!!!!
SO...........i finally got a SPORTS EXHAUST fitted on my esteem and boy does it sound sweet.....and its ONLY BECAUSE OF OUR VERY OWN VIPER(JIGNESH) of team-bhp....the man took all the pains to accompany me to this wonderful workshop and the men out there are so skilled i cant possible type........you gotta see them working to believe that you are in the bylanes of mumbai......for some time i thought i was in the workshop that modified cars in THE FAST AND THE FURIOUS....when i went there i was first asked what kind of sound i wanted.....a throaty sound...a rasp...an out and out howl....so i told them what i wanted and left the keys with them.....in 3 or 4 hours flat i was at the back of my baby who was moaning and screaming away to glory as the mechanic there was giving me a demo.....by the way ITS A SPORTS EXHAUST and not a FREE FLOW so i think a free flow would definitely sound much better(though my car sounds good enough-----ego!!)
I would like to thank VIPER for all the effort and help that he gave....also you need to CHECK HIS GETZ MAN!!!its a monster....what with the engine upgrades its a scorcher....that little performance module that he's got in his car is super awesome and makes a hell of a difference to the car's performance....im new to this world of modifying cars but this car's a hell of a beauty of a modification.....silent but deadly are the words used by viper to describe his car.....and so it is!!!
as for my car its such a wonderful feeling to just hear the gorgeus sound bouncing off the railings on the road and wish to drive it in a tunnel or a parking lot......well thats all from me and i thank all from team bhp for the help that i got in order to finish the conversion on time....
lets hear it one more time for JIGGY!!!!!
PSlzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz call or message VIPER if you wanna get this sound enhancement done on your car........believe me the sound's better than any ICE........money well spent.....and almost in my budget.....
Hey viper congrats on the good job done, i am sure we have a choice now for exhaust job, with competition we can expect some better pricing too, btw is it possible to reduce exaust note of my honda without any change in performance & headers ?
Old 4th April 2006, 12:21   #25
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Rocam
Hey viper congrats on the good job done, i am sure we have a choice now for exhaust job, with competition we can expect some better pricing too, btw is it possible to reduce exaust note of my honda without any change in performance & headers ?

Hi Jitu,

It can definitely be done. call me.

Viper
Old 4th April 2006, 19:27   #26
Senior - BHPian

@moralfibre the zen is the newer car and i had only that picture on the computer.....now the zen is used solely by my dad and the esteem by me...ill get my nikon out on a rainy day and see what i can do with the esteem.....ill make sure i post the pics as soon as i get some real good shots...as of now the esteem is very badly scratched cos its more than 5 years old and the metallic colour really shows scratches very easily alongwith getting scratched easily....AS FOR THE ICE i bought the set last year for 23-25 thousand give or take a few thousand...it sounds real punchy....the sub is mounted in a high power boombox in the boot and the rears really fire out some convincing sound.....in all a really vfm setup!
@ khanak i got it done from Viper(jiggy) at his workshop....he could do it for anyone if you want...
@ mpower the car is in real shape(you gotta drive it to believe it)i have gotten it serviced at Vitesse throughout its life.....its not even HAD A PUNCTURE(just an example how reliable it is!!!) leave alone leaving me stranded on the road for any mechanical faults.....so the engine is in its BEST state of tune that you could have for an esteem thats 5 years old....so it shouldnt be a problem.....as it is my PUC is done in Vitesse itself and i know the boss real well so its fine they arent gonna NOT give me a certificate or something
Old 6th April 2006, 20:16   #27
Senior - BHPian

Pics of the car being worked upon

here u go i managed to take a few pics while work was being done....this is from my phone so i dint wanna take some scenic shots......these are just for memory.....i wanna share them with you'll!
Old 6th April 2006, 20:37   #28
BHPian

Hi Frank congrats on your Sports exhaust ! We want to hear how she sounds if you can upload a sound clip here > http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buckle...ound-here.html

that will be great !
Old 6th April 2006, 23:29   #29
Senior - BHPian

ill do that......surely in a few days!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks