Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2006, 13:27   #1
Senior - BHPian

Please Help Urgent Need Of Aural Pleasure!!!!!

hey im new to team-bhp but already loving it here.....feel so much at home in an Indian automobile forum....
anyways i am from mumbai and have a 2001 MARUTI ESTEEM MPFI which has clocked 27k kilometers....it gives me a city average of 9-11 kms depending on the use of the ac.....i am VERY HAPPY with its PERFORMANCE....but the exhaust noise(i wouldnt like to call it that in fact id say music) does not match up to its performance.....
what i would like is that the performance remain the same and i just get that deep throaty exhaust note(deep at low revs and not too loud at high revs) fitted on my car.....mind you i dont want it to go faster i just want to improve the exhaust note...i have a budget of around rs3000 and dont want to spend too much on it as i am on a shoe-string budget....i have heard of a company called jagrala silencers in mumbai that does it for around that much and i wanted to ask if you'll have other such suggestions about improving the exhaust note of the car....it need not be a free flow exhaust....just the sound emanating from the exhaust must sound sweet to my ears and not attract too much attention!!!!!

Last edited by frankmehta : 26th March 2006 at 13:28.
Old 26th March 2006, 13:32   #2
Senior - BHPian

dude u could get it done at just about any garage and it could cost you under 1000 rs for a good note.A muffler is a good option wid a small opening dia.
Old 26th March 2006, 13:32   #3
BANNED

Hi,

Are you referring to the Jagrala's from Bombay Central. If yes go ahead they are very good with their work and at par with Automech in terms of quality & service.

PM me if you want any more info.
Viper
Old 26th March 2006, 13:37   #4
Senior - BHPian

THAT WAS VERRRRRY QUICK......danlalan since you are from mumbai can u tell me which garage will do it?
i stay close to bombay garage but these fools charge too much cos of their reputation....plz help me!
im a dental college student so i dont wanna waste too much time going to the suburbs.....i stay near walkeshwar!
as for viper the jagrala i know is the one in the suburb 26781897 is their number.....i thought i would call them and ask them about the details before going but the person on the phone was very rude and said ".....yahaan aake baat karo......" so i cant trust going there and they saying some big amount!
danlalan you have given me some hope.....plz help!!!!!
thanx man!!!!!!
Old 27th March 2006, 11:50   #5

I don't know what car you have, but did you ever consider a Magnaflow muffler?

getspeed
Old 27th March 2006, 17:34   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getspeed
I don't know what car you have, but did you ever consider a Magnaflow muffler?

getspeed

hes running on a low budget. since u dont want it done in the suburbs, mayb viper could help you out. PM him..

~cheers
-Ash
Old 27th March 2006, 19:11   #7
Senior - BHPian

i had a word with a person called bhat from automech.....he said that the newer mpfi esteems have their cat cons in front near the engine ie attached to the manifold so its difficult to obtain the sound i would like from the car without major modifications....but there IS a saving grace......he said that since it's a bharat stage II model the cat con might be at the back and may be able to be removed......if thats possible then he said that after removing the cat con he would replace it with a thin metal pipe with a small diameter and then they would custom make a muffler for me(according to the sound i want........now that sounds very very interesting and special....a muffler made according to my needs....at least somethings customized on my factory built stock car!!!!!)very minor and basic changes but they would go a long way in
enhancing the sound of the car and not the performance(note: not even the fuel efficiency will be affected so thats great!!!!)
and wait heres the best news it would cost somewhere between 2500 and 3000 rupees....but i think it could be done cheaper in other garages now that we have an idea of what to do......plz watch this space for more details.......keep posting other alternatives ppl(thanx for the ideas already but i could do with some more!!!!!)

as for the exhaust i think it needs to be fitted by the 30th of march so plz hurry!!!!!

viper u were gonna help me with some names!!!!!!
plz!
thanx!
keep revving!
Old 27th March 2006, 19:13   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzin_hornets
hes running on a low budget. since u dont want it done in the suburbs, mayb viper could help you out. PM him..

~cheers
-Ash
wats a MAGNAFLOW muffler????
Old 27th March 2006, 21:24   #9
BHPian

hey frank a magnaflow is a performance exhaust as far as i know maybe the seniors will be able to explain better!
Old 28th March 2006, 18:55   #10
Senior - BHPian

seniors u there?????
what EXACTLY does magnaflow do?
Old 30th March 2006, 18:15   #11
Senior - BHPian

DONE!!!!!!!!!
SO...........i finally got a SPORTS EXHAUST fitted on my esteem and boy does it sound sweet.....and its ONLY BECAUSE OF OUR VERY OWN VIPER(JIGNESH) of team-bhp....the man took all the pains to accompany me to this wonderful workshop and the men out there are so skilled i cant possible type........you gotta see them working to believe that you are in the bylanes of mumbai......for some time i thought i was in the workshop that modified cars in THE FAST AND THE FURIOUS....when i went there i was first asked what kind of sound i wanted.....a throaty sound...a rasp...an out and out howl....so i told them what i wanted and left the keys with them.....in 3 or 4 hours flat i was at the back of my baby who was moaning and screaming away to glory as the mechanic there was giving me a demo.....by the way ITS A SPORTS EXHAUST and not a FREE FLOW so i think a free flow would definitely sound much better(though my car sounds good enough-----ego!!)
I would like to thank VIPER for all the effort and help that he gave....also you need to CHECK HIS GETZ MAN!!!its a monster....what with the engine upgrades its a scorcher....that little performance module that he's got in his car is super awesome and makes a hell of a difference to the car's performance....im new to this world of modifying cars but this car's a hell of a beauty of a modification.....silent but deadly are the words used by viper to describe his car.....and so it is!!!
as for my car its such a wonderful feeling to just hear the gorgeus sound bouncing off the railings on the road and wish to drive it in a tunnel or a parking lot......well thats all from me and i thank all from team bhp for the help that i got in order to finish the conversion on time....
lets hear it one more time for JIGGY!!!!!
PSlzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz call or message VIPER if you wanna get this sound enhancement done on your car........believe me the sound's better than any ICE........money well spent.....and almost in my budget.....
Old 30th March 2006, 19:49   #12
Senior - BHPian

Good to know you found such a quick fix for your 'aural pleasure' needs. Hehe, feels great to be a part of the forum doesnt it ?? Enjoy !
Old 30th March 2006, 22:18   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah
Good to know you found such a quick fix for your 'aural pleasure' needs. Hehe, feels great to be a part of the forum doesnt it ?? Enjoy !
u bet man.........
i wish i knew about this earlier!!!!!
by the way my car is running very fine
if anyone needs a sports exhaust ask viper
Old 31st March 2006, 00:56   #14
BANNED

Hey Frank,

Thanks for the comments and am glad I could be of help to you. I try hard to make sure my customers get what they want and maybe more.

Viper
Old 3rd April 2006, 08:33   #15
Team-BHP Support

Just one Q - was the cat con left on or removed?

cya
R

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks