Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2006, 16:20   #1
DRC
BHPian

g-sport seat covers price! 11K

All, I just got a quote of 11 K for the G-sport art leather seat covers, door trims, hand break covevr, gear knob and steering wheel cover package.

Is 11K a acceptable price,. The sample material he showed was (appeared) very good. he also told, gear knob and steering wheel will be hand stiched leather, and the rest art leather. Could the gurus here comment if this is a good price.

And, what is G-sport? is it a art leather company or a car seat cover company? Thay guy was talking about quest leather and stitching, where does g-aport come in here?

Please help
Old 28th March 2006, 10:35   #2
BHPian

Rather spend that money on improving the performance of your car.
Good luck
Old 28th March 2006, 10:40   #3
BANNED

Hi,

The price is good considering that it is a mix of real leather and art leather. It is a reputed brand and if you like quality then go for it.

Viper
Old 28th March 2006, 11:28   #4
BHPian

You haven't mentioned which car this is for? Gsport is a reputed brand when it comes to art leather. 11K however is on the higher side and you are paying a premium just for the brand. My friend got art leather done for his swift (only seats) at Rs.4300 and it looks very neat. Considering that you are getting the doorpads, steering, gear-knob and hand-brake cover, I think it should cost you at the most another 4K(will be able to confirm after knowing which car this is for as some cars have very little doorpadding to cover).

However, there is one nice thing that Gsport are able to do, they scoop out the center of your head-rest like in the Opel Astra/VTEC and this looks very good and their craftmanship is excellent. Check if this is also included in the 11K.
Old 28th March 2006, 11:30   #5
aZa
Senior - BHPian

DRC : is it just "normal" puton seat covers?? or they are making them like bucket seats (like the super tight OEM finish). And for all dat u've said i think 11K is a decent amount

And someone gimme a G-Sport dealer name in delhi

Last edited by aZa : 28th March 2006 at 11:42.
Old 28th March 2006, 11:47   #6
Senior - BHPian

I think this is a good price considering the package you are getting.
Old 28th March 2006, 14:42   #7
DRC
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwayblaze
Rather spend that money on improving the performance of your car.
Good luck
This budget is for seats and interiors only.. I have a diff budget for perrformance
Old 28th March 2006, 14:49   #8
DRC
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S@~+#0$#
You haven't mentioned which car this is for? Gsport is a reputed brand when it comes to art leather. 11K however is on the higher side and you are paying a premium just for the brand. My friend got art leather done for his swift (only seats) at Rs.4300 and it looks very neat. Considering that you are getting the doorpads, steering, gear-knob and hand-brake cover, I think it should cost you at the most another 4K(will be able to confirm after knowing which car this is for as some cars have very little doorpadding to cover).

However, there is one nice thing that Gsport are able to do, they scoop out the center of your head-rest like in the Opel Astra/VTEC and this looks very good and their craftmanship is excellent. Check if this is also included in the 11K.

The car is Fiat Petra.
I too got the quote of 4200, for the seat covers alone from a different dealer (said quest leather) But the quality of the material was not comparable. With out the leather part of the work, it is 8K. in G-sport.

But could any one answer what are G-sport's business. Seat covers? art leather? stitching job? I am confused
Old 28th March 2006, 14:54   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S@~+#0$#
My friend got art leather done for his swift (only seats) at Rs.4300 and it looks very neat.
I would have paid another Rs 800-1000 lesser than what your friend has paid for the Swift. Got the Swift seats done for Rs 3400 , 3 months ago.
Old 28th March 2006, 15:17   #10
BHPian

DRC, I got my g-sport seat covers only for about 5K in Hyderabad. Have a look at pictures

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/123732-post448.html

pingmepal
Old 28th March 2006, 16:43   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRC
But could any one answer what are G-sport's business. Seat covers? art leather? stitching job? I am confused
G-sport is in the business of manufacturing art-leather seat covers. So they do all of the above.....i.e., Seat covers manufactured using art leather after stitching it to shape .

This is how I would look at it. Art leather can never come close to genuine leather even if you pay more so might as well get the best deal for your art-leather. Be flexible to about Rs.1000 if you really like the texture\colour and quality of one material over another. Get a quote from Stanley Seating for genuine leather seating... maybe the difference is not too much. Guys in Bangalore have an advantage, we get the seat covers done by approaching Stanley directly (Stanley is based in Bangalore), so it is a kind of custom upholstery rather than just seat covers.

Quote:
Did you ask G-sport about this? Check it out mate, you'll like it.
Old 28th March 2006, 16:46   #12
BHPian

11k for seat covers.. and whats your budget for performance ?

Note from Support: Please do not use SMS language and type....like....this....

Last edited by Eddy : 4th March 2010 at 10:58. Reason: Note inline.
Old 28th March 2006, 17:10   #13
bhp
BHPian

my friend recently got art leather fitted in his santro for 2800/- . it has a tight fight ......
Old 28th March 2006, 17:16   #14
DRC
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelfire
11k for seat covers.....nd whts your budget for perfomance........??.....
Keep guessing dude!!!!

On a serious note, I don't want to mod to make my car screem in the streets.. So not much.. 18K for alloys, `3.5K for KN filter, and 5K for Irridium spark plugs and wires. Thinking of header (only, with out free flow), but not sure yet. I don't want to mess with the sound. I like it to be silent.

Off topic, is it possible to get performance improvement with headers yet not altering the sound of the exhaust?
Old 28th March 2006, 17:44   #15
DRC
BHPian

BTW, Who is the t-bhp recommended dealer for g-sport?
After reading the story of XT in ICE thread, I am not in a state to trust anyone else

Most Viewed